Zombie Apocalypse

Present Day Hell

6 MONTHS AFTER THAT INCIDENT

The world was in hell now. I think Jack, Natasha, Josh, Clint, and I were the only ones left in this state. I don't know why they don't bother coming after us. Perhaps George Bush was right about being able to control them. Everyone else was either dead, or a zombie. We haven't really encountered them anymore. I only spot the occasional one wandering around outside. I don't think they could survive in the sun since I saw one melting into a pool of blood, bones, and skin with it's face still visible.

The world ended in chaos. One city after another, the zombies walked slowly in and slowly out, killing or turning everyone in the city into zombies. Even though they were stupid and had no brains, they conquered cities because there was just so many of them, and the fact that the people were too scared and confused to even fight back. It was all hopeless. I've learned by now that if they bite or scratch you, you will be one of them. It happened to a little boy we were trying to save. A zombie was holding onto him and Jack tried to save him. He killed the zombie and grabbed the boy back and ran to our little house, the same one we were in since about half a year ago. When I woke up I found the kid trying to bite my ear off. We had to take care of him.

The zombies were actually very simple to kill. They usually die in one bullet from most guns, and I once found this sniper gun that blew it's legs off. I kept it in one of our closets. Ammo was a problem to find though, so we mostly just try to run up to it and yank it's head from it's delicate strands of skin.

I believe that the government is the cause of all of this. The fact that George Bush came to my house was the biggest reason. They didn't even try to stop them. They kept on saying that they didn't believe the "crazy" event, even though all the evidence was stacked against them. Eventually, the zombies grew into the millions and I think they took over the whole country. It's pretty hard to tell when you don't have any source of information coming to you.

Jack was trying to invent a cure. Jack was extremely smart, and somehow knew all about vaccines and stuff. We find the occasional infected mice and gave it to Jack so he could experiment on them. He won't tell us anything that happens though. He was still pretty down about his father.

Natasha was a loner and didn't talk to any of us. Josh was too busy trying to drive a car and getting injured all the time. Clint just played card games with me. It didn't feel like the earth was in danger. Well it was.

Josh and I were walking around town, searching for some food. The electricity still worked and we could actually do many things such as going on the internet, but all the websites didn't change at all. Food was very simple to find, but they had to be edible and not rotten, and that was what made it hard to find.

We picked out this one house that seemed like it should have some food and supplies in it. We broke into it like we did to other houses and searched around.

"Let's go check that room." I said.

"Anson..." Josh said.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think that there is a point in life now?" he asked. "I don't see the point in it anymore. I would rather be dead then walking around town, knowing that probably everyone in this earth is dead."

"Don't be stupid." I said. But inside I knew that he actually had a point. "There is a point in life. We could probably help save the world. Besides, I don't think zombies could swim to other continents."

"Yeah...but... never mind." he said.

We walked on in silence, searching for the fridge. We finally found one in a huge kitchen and I opened it up. Inside there were two containers of peanut butter, some fish, and some milk, but only the peanut butter wasn't expired. We took both jars and closed the fridge.

"Gees, food is getting harder and harder to find." I said.

"We might as well give up." he said, sounding depressed.

"Oh stop talking like that." I said. "Life is life."

We stepped out of the window and walked home. I memorized the exact location if it. We could have gotten a different one, but it would have felt awkward to live in someone elses home.

We were walking home and we passed this one pizza shop. We broke in there once, but there was nothing safe to eat. Josh and I stopped to look at it.

"I wish that shop was still open right now." I said. I felt someone's hot breath on my back. I looked at Josh, but he was looking dully at the window. I tapped him and I turned my neck a little. Behind me, there was a zombie that looked strangely similar, yet different from the rest of them, but I couldn't tell the difference. It had long flowing hair. Blood was dripping out of what was left of his jaw. Flesh was falling off of it's body. The simple touch of clothing on skin that delicate must be hell.

We stared at each other for a minute. I knew that zombie. His name used to be Wentao. He was this fat kid at my school that was one of the first people to change. After I thought about what I should do with him I finally decided to kill it. I tried to yank it's head off, but it wouldn't work. It stared at us, licking it's lips, and then we both decided to run. To freedom. To hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Setting up