Zombie Apocalypse

Zombie Lord

We were trying to run away from the zombie of Wentao. This zombie was not like any other zombie we have ever seen. It was actually extremely fast, as if it was an enhanced version. I didn't carry a gun with me. It didn't seem like Josh had one. We had to manage to make it back home to get some weapons.

Wentao was catching up to us. I thought I could have still felt his hot breath on my neck. I turned my neck around and I saw that it wasn't slowing down at all. It would be on us in about thirty seconds since we were running out of energy. I grabbed Josh by the arm and forced him to stop.

"What?" he asked. "That thing is going to catch up to us.

"Exactly." I said.

He looked around and cursed. "Darn it. What should we do?" he asked. "We only have a few seconds left."

"I'll stay here while you get back home." I said.

"No. If anyone's staying it's me."

"But-" I started to say.

"Listen, I have no desire to live. You might as well kill someone without the will to live than someone with one."

I didn't like it, but I knew that there would be no point in arguing with him. He truly wanted to die. "Fine," I said. "But if you don't make it back alive, I'm gonna kick your ass in hell."

"Sure." he said. He winked and saluted me. He ran toward Wentao, trying to buy me time to escape. I wanted to watch and help him, but I couldn't. I didn't want to put his death to waste. I ran away to our home.

It was hard to concentrate on finding our home. My head was confused and I was panicking. Were my friends in trouble?

After twenty minutes of running around, I finally got to the street where our home was located at. I knew my friends were in trouble by the fact that there was about eight zombies surrounding the house.

I looked behind me. There was no one there. I ran to save my friends. The zombies spotted me when I was about two houses away from them. They began to charge at me. I ran through them, elbowing them when I ran past them, even though I knew it couldn't hurt them. They lashed at me with their claws on their hands, these zombies were as powerful as Wentao. I managed to open the door and make it inside the house, cut up and bruised, but alive. I shut the door as one of the zombies reached in for me, and it's hand fell off. It was still moving and twitching.

I ignored it and ran for my friends. I went to my room first to get this sniper gun and searched for my friends. I found them huddling in a corner, each holding a gun, except Natasha. None of them had any fatal injuries. There were zombies laying dead on the floor, dead.

"Josh?" Clint said bluntly.

I looked at the ground. "He's off fighting a zombie."

"Did he have anything with him?" Jack asked.

"No." I said.

'Stupid." Jack said. "Are there any more coming?"

"Well there was about 8 outside." I said.

"Then we will wait here until they come." Jack said. "You and Clint go lure the zombies into this room."

"On it." I said. "Clint."

He lowered his gun and followed me to the front door. I put my hand on the door and slowly opened it. Once I opened it fully, I looked outside. Nothing was there. I heard the windows breaking, and I knew that we were trapped.

The zombies quickly ran to us. I could only see five, and the other three probably went to get Jack and Natasha.

"What should we do." I whispered to Clint.

"Trade guns." he said.

I obeyed him and I gave him my awesome sniper gun while he gave me this revolver-like gun.

"Don't ever try this." he said, smirking.

He ran to all the zombies, and fired the gun blindly. The recoil was extremely high, and he almost killed himself numerous times. But the plan worked, and he killed three of them within the first 10 seconds.

"Go help the others!" he shouted at me.

He didn't have to say it twice. I ran past him and the zombies, almost taking a hit. I went to the room with Jack and Natasha. I spotted Jack wrestling with a zombie, with Natasha watching. I aimed the revolver carefully, and fired at the zombie. I missed, and the zombie turned around at me, releasing a hand.

Jack took advantage of that and pulled out his favorite pistol, and shot at the zombie. He twirled his gun around and stuffed it back in his pocket.

"Thanks for trying to help." he said as I walked toward him.

"Come on, help me help Clint out."

"Got it." he said.

Jack and I ran to where Clint was. He was standing on top of a zombie,admiring the gun I gave to him. He turned at me and began to talk.

"Where did you get this baby?" he asked.

"Found it." I said.

I stared at the dead zombie, and it looked like Jonathan. In fact, it was Jonathan. Jonathan was with me when I stepped on the bird. I heard someone screaming. Natasha.

"Crap," Jack said. "If only she agreed to learn how to use a gun." He shook his head and began to run to help her.

We all followed him and we found her, being held by two zombies. One of them was Albert. Jack lifted his gun and aimed at the other zombie.

"Wait." the zombie of Albert said in a strange, deep, and a wheezy voice.

"You can talk?" Jack asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Only the higher leveled specimens." the zombie of Albert said.

"Interesting." Jack said. "I don't give a damn. Let go of Natasha and everything will be alright."

"Why should I?" Albert said.

Jack pointed his gun at the other zombie and shot at it. The zombie slumped to the ground, dead. "That's why." he said.

Albert didn't even twitch. "I don't care about him. I don't even know who the hell that guy was. Go ahead shoot me." he said.

Jack aimed at and shot Albert. Albert was still standing there. Jack was surprised and stepped back.

"Stupid weaklings." Albert said. "You think you could kill a zombie lord that easily?"

"What might that be?" Jack asked.

"I am one of the lord of the zombies." he said. "It's as simple as that. I wish I could kill this lovely girl, but I can't. I don't want to upset our master. He doesn't want me to kill anyone. Only to introduce you to the new world. I assumed that you notice the lack of our appearance the last couple months?"

"Yes." Clint said.

"We were busy conquering the world." he said. "It was a successful mission and soon, the whole world will be ours. Anyways, I have to leave now to be greeted by a new master. Delighted to meet you."

He let go of Natasha and walked past us, calmly. Jack began to lift his gun at him after he left the room, but Clint lowered it.

"Don't." he said.

Jack didn't like it, but he threw it on the floor. We sat there in complete silence for about half an hour. I suddenly remembered something I needed to do.

"Josh." I said, disrupting the silence. "I need you guys to come with me to check on him."

"Think he's all right?." Jack said.

"No." I said quietly.

We stepped our of our house silently and went to search for Josh. I remembered the neighborhood exactly, so I knew where he was at.

We went to the exact place where I last saw him. I saw a puddle of blood, bones, and flesh, either his or Wentao's. I looked at it, trying to see something that would confirm who's it was. I spotted an ear in it, and I knew who's it had to be.

"Damn." Clint said. I could tell that his eyes were beginning to water.

I fell to the floor, telling myself that there was no point in going on.