I Remember When

only chapter

Sweat dripped down forehead as the sun beamed down on Vick-T and I. We received odd looks as we got out of the small kiddie pool to dump out the now hot water.

"It's your turn to filler up," I said as I handed her the hose. "I'll go and get more drinks." As I turned, I noticed a sly grin plastered on her face, but I noticed too late. Suddenly, I got a cold shot of water to he back. At first I gasped in surprised, but then hunched over. "Mm, that feels good. Do it again."

Did I mention how friggin' hot it is?

"Ew you sick freak!" Vic yelled, while I laughed. "You keep that between you and your little boyfriend."

"i wouldn't call him small. He is so far from that. I mean his-"

"No, I don't want to know about Bill's cock. Now shut up and go get drinks so we can chill." She made a few shooing motions and turned back to the task of filling the pool. When I came I returned she had moved the pool into a more shaded spot. Vick was also taking up the whole pool.

"V, move the fuck over," I commanded. She just laughed at me and moved over so we could once again attempt to fit in the tint pool. "Ah, this is the life," I commented as soon as I settled in.

"Ha yeah, squished into a pool in the shade of a tour bus."

"Never said it was a wonderful life." She mumbled something, and went back to drinking her Sprite.

In the distance I could see William walking towards us. I see you're cooling down." I nodded and started to close my eyes. "Wake up Gabe." I opened my eyes briefly to see him smile, but they started to slip close again. "Please Gabriel, wake up for me?" Will sounded so set on me staying awake.

I tried to open my eyelids, but they wouldn't budge. I started to flip out. I couldn't open my eyes or move, though I tried. All I could do was listen to my boyfriend begging me to wake up and that her loved me. I wanted to wake up, or at least move. I 'wiggled' and the more I did, the more I could move.

Suddenly my body jerked forward and my eyes snapped open, only to be met by an unbearable white color. There was also a searing pain through my whole body. I let out a cry.

I found myself wishing that I couldn't move or feel anything again Hell it hurt to breath. The only thing that made me not wish I were dead, was hearing William's voice; seeing William's face above mine.

I started to ask about what happened and where I was, but only a faint whisper came out. Though, I'm sure he saw the fear in my eyes.

"It's going to be alright, Gabe. They're trying to take the pain away," He tried to assure me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a doctor messing around with a drip. Slowly I felt a numbing sensation spread through my body.

I asked the previously posed question again and this time I got an answer.

"You're at the hospital." He sounds like he's been crying. "You- you got in a horrible w-w-wreak when you were coming h-home. Someone f-found you in the snow and c-c-called 911. I-I though I was g-going to l-loose y-you G-G-Gabey," he paused and let out a choked sob. "Th-hey say you broke four r-ribs, a leg, an a-arm, and you h-hit your head p-pretty hard. They s-s-said you w-would've d-die-died if you weren't wearing your seat belt." I wanted to hold him and tell him that everything would be alright, but I couldn't. "Then go to sleep, babe. I'll still be here when you wake up."

I guess I said I was tired? Before I went to sleep though, a doctor put an oxygen mask on me (or at least I think it was) and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

It took weeks upon weeks until I was healed enough to sit up and talk to a doctor about what happened.

"What's the last thing you remember before waking up here?" she asked.

"I remember a bright light and feeling cold, but then I was looking into the sun while in a kiddie pool filled with cold water." I took a breath and continued, "Then it was just black. Couldn't move or see. All I could do was listen to Will's voice telling me to wake up." I felt his hand grasp mine. "Then I woke up to the worst pain I've ever felt and just wanted to go back to sleep." Will's grip loosened somewhat. I don't blame him though; it's the first time he's hearing about it.

"Hm," the doctor nodded. "I think that's all for today. I'll come back tomorrow to see if you can remember the dates that I asked about the other day. Have a good evening, Gabe, My. Beckett." She left.

Will crawled back next to me and lightly hung an arm across my middle. It was still slightly bruised.

"Hey, Will?" He didn't reply. "I-I think I remember something. I remember when we first mer, and kissed, and a few other things. I didn't want to tell the doctor until tomorrow."

"Really?" He whispered. I could see in his eyes that this perked him up.

"Yeah. We first met during Cobra's fifth show during our first ever tour. We kissed three months later. Then we-"

He stopped me with a kiss. "Thank you," he whispered.

I think the was the first time in a long while that he fell asleep with a smile on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for mistakes. Please don't point them out, I know about them. I don't have any kind of spell check at the moment or anything to word count. When I do get that kind of stuff, I'll get to it right away.

nevermind errors are fixed