Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Something Has Gone Terribly Wrong

I awoke to more sobs, yet again. I opened my eyes to find Jag fast asleep next to me. I couldn't figure out who was crying. I rubbed my eyes, trying again to locate the sobs. I seen Adam crying into Donny's chest. Donny's eyes were rimmed with red. Well, I never expected Donny to be one to cry. I yawned and tried to stretch, but Jag's arms were wrapped tightly around me. He stirred slightly.

"Adam, stop crying. You're gonna get over it," Donny snapped. I thought he was talking to me at first, but he was yelling at Adam. I wonder how hard this was for him.

Adam said nothing, he just started crying harder. Donny sighed and looked at me. His eyes got wide, and he tried shushing Adam, but Adam wouldn't stop.

"If you can't stop, leave. Roxie's awake and we don't need her freaking out or something," Donny said, prying Adam off of his torso. Adam took a shaky breath and wiped the tears away from his face. He sat down on the floor and covered his face.

"Adam I'm so sorry," I breathed. He just nodded, but wouldn't look up. Well, that was a shitty feeling.

"How are you feeling?" Donny whispered, sitting on the bed next to me.

"Oh you know, I've been better," I said.

"Seriously, does anything hurt?"

"Uhh...it's like, a muscle ache. I've been through worse, trust me."

"I don't see how it could get worse than trying to kill yourself."

"At least it was a choice."

"Alright, then. Are you hungry?"

"Not really. How long ago did I...do that?"

"It's been three days. Jag stayed up with you the whole time, he wouldn't leave you."

"I guess you were right when you said he liked me a lot."

"Yeah. Well, I'm starving, so I'm gonna eat. Tell me if you change your mind."

"Sure thing. Oh, and Donny, why have you been crying?"

"Oh, well...You're pretty cool, you know? Besides, I don't know if I could handle Jag if something really did happen."

"Okay. You can eat now."

Donny walked out of the room, taking Adam with him. Well, he didn't take Adam, it was more like dragging. I smiled, that was so much like my friend Veronica. I gasped. I hadn't talked to them since that day. I wonder if Jag told them...

"Mmph...I lo...Roxie."

I turned over to see Jag stretching. He looked like he was still half asleep. Then, suddenly, his eyes snapped open and he looked at me. He looked scared and kinda worried. And frantic, you can't forget frantic.

"Did you...hear anything?" He asked.

"Well, good morning to you, too, and I heard you groan, then you said my name," I smiled.

"Okay. Good morning," he said. He leaned over me and pecked my lips. My stomach growled. Perfect timing, stomach! Jeez. Jag smiled at me.

"Let's get something to eat, I'm starving," he said, helping me up.

"Why were you so upset about me hearing something?" I questioned. He looked suprised.

"I don't know...sometimes I talk in my sleep, and I don't wanna freak you out or something," he blushed.

"Oh, well, okay. Donny and Adam are downstairs getting something to eat. We could probably catch up with them."

Jag took my hand and cautiously led me downstairs. He was treating me like I could just...fall apart at any second. I wasn't going to do that. Plus, I sure as hell wasn't going into shock about what happened. It didn't even suprise me that I did it. It shouldn't suprise Jag.

"Donny, you makin' something?" Jag yelled when we got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah, but you can make your lazy ass something!" Donny yelled back.

"That's no fucking fair!" Jag whined, pulling me into the kitchen/dining room thing.

"Yes it is." Donny declared. Jag sighed.

"What do you want?" Jag asked, turning to me.

"Um, toast?" I answered, sounding like an idiot.

"Awesome!"

"You better be eating something, too, Jag."

He nodded and put four pieces of toast in the toaster and got out two coffee cups.

"Do you want anything on it?" Jag asked me, yet again.

"Hm...peanut butter." I answered, not sounding so much like an idiot this time.

"Alrighty."

I sat down at the table. It was very awkward. There were only six chairs, four of them to be taken soon. Adam was sitting alone at one end of the table, Donny at the other. This was gonna be tough. I sat down next to Adam so that Jag could sit next to me and Donny. Adam shot daggers at me with his stare.

Well, this was going to be fun!
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit to A Boy Brushed In Red...Living In Black And White by Underoath.
Sorry about the wait, I went to Warped Tour, and I couldn't think straight for a few days.
And then xSpunkyx wanted me to read this Ryden, and who can refuse that?
Oh, the part where Donny and Jag were arguing was inspired by an amazing MSN conversation me and xSpunkyx had last night.
Comments are doin'.
=D
xoxo.