Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Hey, Baby.

"Well, what's the plan for today?" I asked.

"I was thinking we could hang out here," Jag replied quietly.

"That sounds good," I nodded. Things were still awkward between us.

"Tomorrow there's a skate park opening, and if you want to, we can go to that." Jag offered.

"Oh, that sounds like fun!" I agreed. Anything to get me out of here, out of this uncomfortable atmosphere, would be fun. Even hanging out with Miley Cyrus today. And we remained silent.

__________

After much persuasion, Jag agreed to my plan, going to the mall. Of course, we had to persuade Donny to drive us, and eventually, he readily agreed. I dug through Jag's pile of CD's until I found one of my favorite bands; A Skylit Drive. The CD was Adelphia, and that was my favorite. I fixed my hair and makeup, grabbed my purse, and then we were ready to go.

We walked the short distance to Donny's house holding hands. I was ecstatic. Going to the mall was one of my favorite things, and I felt like seeing the new stuff at Hot Topic.

When we got to Donny's house, we found that he was already in his car waiting for us. Jag and I climbed in the back seat.

"Donny, can you put this CD in?" I begged.

"Sure thing, Roxie." Donny agreed, taking my CD and putting it in the player. I asked him to change it to number 5 (which is Eva the Carrier) and I began yelling along with the song. Eventually Jag started singing along, too.

When the song finished, I looked at Jag and laughed.

"Wanna know what's weird?" I asked.

"What?"

"Your name is the same as the singer for A Skylit Drive!"

"I know."

We smiled at each other. Donny skipped back to the begininng, and I quietly sang along, resting my head on Jag's shoulder.

The car ride took about an hour, and we listened to Adelphia about 2 times. When we got there, Donny parked the car, and I practically ran in, dragging Jag behind me. The mall was a sanctuary even though I always wasted my money on something I thought I needed but really didn't.

When I entered, I sighed, looking at all the familiar sights. I used to come here so much with my friends, but after things started getting worse, I stopped coming, saving my money for when I decided to ditch this town and start over again.

"Where do you wanna go?" Jag asked, out of breath.

"Hot Topic!" I exclaimed, pulling him in that direction.

"Roxie!" Someone yelled. I was tackled by whatever person that had yelled.

I turned to see Kori and Zoe piled on top of me. That was a nice surprise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Eva The Carrier by A Skylit Drive.
Sorry if this one's not that good. :(
Comments are the new black.
xoxo.