Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Justice For Girls

After gaining the sympathy from the guys at Hot Topic and bought our t-shirts, we decided that we should sit down somewhere, since we were all shaking from crying so hard. We ended up sitting by JC Penny in a big pile, hugging anyone who was near us.

We eventually calmed down, but didn't stop cuddling our t-shirts. We held on to them like it was the end of the world. Suddenly, Veronica jumped up, startling our Pity Party.

"They wouldn't want us sitting around crying! They would want us to be having fun!" She yelled, punching the air. We all stood up, knowing happiness was very important.

"Where to now?" Donny asked. Nobody knew.

"We could go to...FYE!" Zoe yelled, running in that direction. We must have looked like quite the group, running for the nearest FYE with tear-streaked faces. We entered the store, gaining many disapproving looks from bystanders. I automatically walked to the poster section of the store, followed by Zoe and Veronica. We flipped through. I found a Panic at the Disco poster, but Zoe was faster, grabbing the last one. I also grabbed it, and we glared at each other for a moment.

Zoe suddenly took off running toward the counter with the poster, trying to get there before me.

"Oh no you don't!" I hissed as I chased after her. She stuck her tongue out at me. I could hear my friends giggling and could see the other people there giving us weird stares. The lady at the counter glared at us, obviously not happy that we were running in the store, but we ignored it. I just ran faster, but Zoe was already at the counter.

"Shoot!" I muttered, walking back in defeat. Jag held his arms out to me and I walked into them.

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I'll buy the one that's in the case for you," Veronica offered.

"You would do that?" I asked, hopeful.

"Yeah, I have that one, anyway, and so does Kori. Plus, you need a gift," Veronica smiled. I wonder what had gotten into her, she was never this nice or generous. Normally, she would be hoarding the poster, laughing at my sadness. I guess it was just the events of that day that gave her a change of heart.

"Then let me buy you one," I said.

"No, it's fine." Veronica waved the offer away. I just shrugged, not bothering to push it any further. I was getting something and didn't even have to pay for it.

"Wanna come look at CD's with me?" Jag asked, looking down at me. I nodded, looking around the room to see where Zoe was. She caught my eye and stuck out her tongue. I stuck mine out at her in return.

Jag led me to the music section. We looked at the rock CD's, debating which ones were better.

"Pocky-sicles." Someone hissed in my ear. I whipped around to see that it was Veronica. She smirked at me.

"What about them?" I smiled, remembering the time she and Zoe had come up with the idea for pocky-sicles.

"We're making them tonight. Me, you, Zoe, Kori. Even Donny and Jag. And Bryce and Adam if I can get ahold of them. My mom just said I could have a sleepover, and we can get the whole trailer to ourselves," Veronica said, waving her cell phone. She didn't live in a trailer, she just had a thing like it that she had sleepovers in. It was way rad.

"What if I don't wanna come?" I challenged.

"Too bad. If you don't come, I'll have Ray come and kidnap you," she smirked. Yes, she was referring to Ray Toro, guitarist for My Chemical Romance. Yes, we talked about them like we knew them. Yes, we were weird.

"Well, then I'm coming," I said.

"Good, because we're gonna have a ceremony for Panic at the Disco," she frowned.

"Hey, don't I get a say in this?" Jag asked, looking helpless.

"No!" Veronica and I snapped at the same time, then laughed at how close our minds were. Jag just shook his head.

"Well, I guess it'd be boring without you at my house, anyway." Jag smiled, squeezing my hand.

"Veronica! Jag! Roxie! Come on! We're gonna go scare the kids at Justice!" Zoe shreiked from the store entrance. We all followed her to Justice, where we entered, talking loudly and hissing at little girls who then cried to their mommies that we were scary.

"Do you think this would fit me?" Donny asked, holing up a very small pink bra. We all gave each other a weird look, then laughed really loud. This time I could hear the echoes resonating from the walls. It was pretty sweet.

"Excuse me sir, but that isn't appropriate for this store," a lady wearing a very revealing gold top and a tag that claimed she worked there murmured to Donny. She put her hands on her hips.

"Well, neither is that top, but you don't hear me complaining about it." Donny replied. We all snickered as the lady gasped, her face turning a shade of red that probably wasn't 'in' for that season.

"Well I...g-get out of here! Right now! And take your friends with you!" she fumed, pointing at the door. This was so much fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to the store.
This is fun to write, because I'm basically just reminiscing. :D
Almost 50 readers!
xoxo.