Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Falling Down

I groaned and rolled onto my side, making a sad attempt at getting away from whatever was poking me in the side. Apparently my mom woke up in a bad mood.

"Young lady, if you don't get up, I'm calling the police!"

The word 'police' made me suddenly become wide awake. My eyes fluttered open, and I had to shield my eyes from the bright light. What the hell? I looked over to see an old lady poking me with her cane.

"Young lady-"

"All right, all right, I'm getting up, Jesus Christ!"

As I stood, the lady backed away. Huh...I wondered if I actually looked that shitty. I walked around her house, trying to get back on the sidewalk. My legs were killing me, and so was my head. This light wasn't doing much for me, either.

"Roxie! Get back here!"

I turned quickly, and felt a sharp pain in my chest. I seen some guy run after his dog. My chest hurt with a pain that wasn't asthma, it was like a cut. I pulled the neck of my shirt out so that I could see what happened. My razorblade necklace had become lodged in the skin above my left breast. I grabbed it, took a deep breath, and pulled it out. It stung, and started bleeding, but I figured it would stop soon.

As I walked, I tried to casually assess myself. My legs were sore, like the muscle ache I got in gym class. I stretched my arms. My left arm was still sore, and a little tender, and my right arm was feeling fine. I had a headache, and my face felt stiff. I didn't want to look at any of the damage, but I knew I had to. I looked down at my left arm, and gasped. Apparently, the homemade tourniquet didn't do much for stopping the bleeding. My hoodie was stiff with blood, and it had stuck itself to my arm.

"Fuck." I whispered. I kept walking, but where to? My legs were taking me back home, and I knew that I had to go back. Where else was there to go? I couldn't keep sleeping in people's lawns and taking the risk that they wouldn't bother to wake me up, they'd just call the police.

I rounded the corner, and could see my house now, even without my glasses. I also seen a black pickup truck pull out of the driveway. That was my mom. She was the only person in town who had a black pickup. I jumped over a fence into someone's yard so that she wouldn't see me. I watched her drive by, and made sure she was at a distance where she couldn't see me anymore.

Just as I was about to jump back over, I felt a searing pain shoot through my right leg. I looked down to see a small dog, his teeth sunk into my leg. I pulled him off, and I was sure he had taken some of my skin along with him. I tossed him away, and jumped the fence back onto the sidewalk. I tried to land with most of my weight on my left leg, but I fell anyway, and had to pull myself up as quickly as possible. Who knew when my mom would be getting back? I could see the blood seep through my skinny jeans.

I made it to my house, and thanked the heavens that my room was on the first floor. I opened my window, which was always unlocked in case of situations such as these. I climbed in, and didn't know what to do. Do I stay here, or do I leave?

I chose leave. I grabbed two bags, my Skelanimals backpack that was in the shape of Jack the Rabbit and a My Chemical Romance messenger bag. I packed my Skelanimals bag with as much clothes as would fit in it. I packed some hair things, makeup, and an extra pair of shoes in there, too. I filled my My Chem bag with my glasses, 2 notebooks, a journal, pens and pencils, my purse, my camera and it's cord thing, and another pair of shoes. I contemplated bringing my flats, but I figured that they wouldn't serve any purpose other that being a major pain in the ass.

Just as I was about to climb back out the window, I realized I had forgotten something. I grabbed my iPod, iHome, and the cord thingy that you use to plug it into the computer. I crammed it into my My Chem bag, and left the house, taking one last look at my room.

I headed to the park, not knowing where else to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's getting to the good part, noww.
commentts?
xoxo.