Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Strategically Placed Notes

Donny drove slow, painfully so, obeying the speed limit. I was extremely hyper, and I was having trouble maintaning the sitting postion.

"Donny, can you speed up a little?" I begged, folding my hands and looking into the rearview mirror. He looked back at me.

"Do you want to die?" He asked.

"What?"

"I said 'Do you want to die?'"

"Uh, no..."

"Well, then I'm not driving any faster."

"But if you go too slow, someone might run into us, then that would just eliminate that entire purpose." I whined. Jag turned my head and kissed me. I was suprised, but I kissed back.

"God, keep it PG!" Donny yelled at us, signaling Jag to smile into our kiss. He pulled away slightly, making my stomach flip. I just wanted him to kiss me more. I smiled and put my head in Jag's chest. I realized that we had sped up.

"You're going faster." I pointed out.

"We're almost there, so we can break the law a little bit," Donny smirked. We pulled into a small, white house. It was kind of cute, like a storybook house. It was on a dirt road, the only house in sight, it had a sense of serenity. Until, of course, a boy that I recognized as Bryce pushed open the door and ran to the car, letting the door slam shut. He practically ripped open the door and slid in next to me.

"Hey Donny, Jag, Roxie!" He greeted, out of breath. I smiled at him, Donny and Jag shook their heads. We listened to Bryce chat away about everything he did that day, in detail, as we drove to pick up Adam. Jag stared out the window, I had to admit, the scenery was beautiful. But I had a feeling he wasn't looking at the scenery, he was thinking. Donny started driving faster. Bryce was talking as much as me and my friends combined, and let me tell you, that is no easy feat.

Adam's house was not much farther away, so we got there in time to spare us the pain of Bryce overtalking. Adam's house was an expensive looking two-story house, it was beautiful. He was sitting on the front step of his porch and came up to meet us, taking shotgun. It was quieter now, which was a nice change from all of the previous talking.

I dialed Veronica's phone number, which rang until it got to the voicemail.

"Hey, Veronica, I'm assuming you're home since you don't have your phone with you, but we're on our way. See you in a bit," I hung up my phone.

"Hey, Roxie, I need some help on where to go..."Donny admitted from the front seat. I gave him directions, Veronica's house was pretty easy to find if you knew the area. And Donny knew the area, so that made things so much easier.

We pulled into her driveway to see signs directing us to where we needed to go. On the garage, it said "ENTER THE CAMPER"

So, we didn't go into her house, we went into the camper. On the door it said "OPEN THE DOOR." And we did as it said. On the chair there was a small Post-It that said "CLOSE THE DOOR AND PUT DOWN YOUR THINGS." The door swung shut automatically, and we set down our bags. We couldn't find any more notes, so we turned and looked at the door. On it, there was a sign that said "COME TO THE POOL!" Nobody but me knew where the pool was, so all the guys followed me.

We got there and couldn't see anything of interest except a little inflatable boat.

"There! There's a note in the boat!" Bryce pointed at the boat. I climbed on the ladder and tried to fish the boat over to me, but it just floated farther away, so I took off my sweatshirt and had Jag hold on to me as I leaned to the extreme over the side of the pool. I grabbed the edge and pulled it to me, letting Jag help me so that I wouldn't fall in at any given moment. I read the note out loud.

"Turn around."

We all slowly turned to see Kori, Veronica, and Zoe with their noses pressed against the glass of Veronica's sliding door. I burst out laughing and ran over to greet them. They struggled with the sliding door, but finally got it open, coming out of the house and also laughing.

"L-let's go in...the...camper," Veronica struggled out between laughs.

At last, the party was starting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holycrap, 50 readers and almost 10 subscribers!
That's so amazing, thank you so much for making my day!
I love you all, keep up the good work!
And check out my friend Sephiran, he's really awesome.
xoxo.
P.S. I'm on chapter 20! I never imagined getting here!