Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Short Shorts

After we ate the three boxes of pizza that Mom Smith bought, we decided that we'd go swimming in the pool. Nobody had enough sense to bring a swimsuit even though it was summer so we all ran up to Veronica's room, trying to make as little noise as possible. We failed miserably at this. Veronica's room had changed since the last time I'd seen it. It was cleaner and the walls were painted black and plastered with posters. Her bed had so much stuff on it that there was barely any room to sit or lay on it. She'd gotten rid of the old mirror that had been on one of her dressers and replaced it with a lighted one.

Veronica went into her closet and dug around in a box, looking for swimsuits I guessed. Apparently Kori was the only one who'd brought a swimsuit, so Veronica didn't have to get one for her. But finding enough swimsuits for four girls wasn't an easy task. She pulled out two bikini tops, taking one for herself and holding one out behind her. Zoe and Abbie grabbed it at the same time then glared at each other. They both pulled it at the same time. I seen a few of the guys back up.

"It's. Mine." Zoe said through gritted teeth, pulling it towards her. The bikini top was black and had studs around the top, I could see why they liked it so much, but it wouldn't matter in an hour or so when they take it off.

"Bullshit," Abbie hissed, yanking it out of Zoe's hands. Zoe shrieked and tackled Abbie to the ground. Of all moments, now would be the time for a camera. Veronica had fished out another top and threw it on top of Zoe, who then grabbed it and rolled away from Abbie. It was white with pink skulls on it.

"Hah! Mine's cooler!" Zoe taunted, waving the top in front of Abbie's face.

"No fair!" Abbie whined.

"Shut up! Abbie, you can have the bottoms to the one that Zoe's got and Zoe can have the bottoms to the one that you have!" Veronica shook her head and handed them both their bikini bottoms. While they were fighting, she had also gotten bottoms for herself and a bikini top and bottom for me. Veronica's was pink and black zebra striped.

I examined my bottoms, which were lime green. My top was black and had skull hands making it look like they were grabbing my boobs. Nice. I shot a look at Veronica.

"It was my sister's," she shrugged, then looked at the guys, "I don't have anything for you."

"Jag, you can borrow a pair of my shorts," I offered, taking his hand. We went back to the camper to change since we figured Abbie and Zoe's wrestling had caused enough noise, plus running down the stairs also made a lot of noise.

The camper was crowded with all of us as we tried to find somewhere solitary for us to change. I fought my way to my bag so that I could pull out why shorts for Jag to wear. I smirked to myself, knowing that since he'd already agreed to wearing them, he'd feel like he had to. I couldn't wait to see him wearing them. I fought my way back over to Jag and shoved the shorts into his hand, pecking him on the cheek. Zoe, Kori, and Abbie were also sharing their shorts.

"Okay! Girls are changing in the bedroom, guys can pull that curtain and change back there. NO PEEKING!" Veronica announced, herding all the girls into the master bedroom and sliding the doors closed. Each of us took a spot to change. It was sort of awkward, but we were used to changing in gym class and changing in front of each other since we first went to each other's houses. We changed quickly, being skilled in such things.

"Are you guys ready?" Zoe called. We heard some grunts and assumed it meant they were. We slid the door back open and stifled our laughter at the sight. All the guys were wearing our shorts and not looking the happiest about it. Jag was wearing my A Skylit Drive shorts that say 'DOIN' on the back, Bryce was wearing Kori's purple Metro Station shorts, Adam was wearing Zoe's black and pink custom made Fall Out Boy shorts, and Donny was wearing Abbie's black My Chemical Romance shorts. They weren't bad to look at, so that was a plus, but they were all sulking.

"Well stop sulking and let's get in the pool!" Kori said, opening the door and running for the pool. We all chased her, shrieking in delight. Kori started climbing the ladder, but Zoe pulled her down, wanting to be the first person in the pool.

"No! I shall be first!" Abbie screamed, pulling on Zoe's bottoms. She retreated before they came all the way down. While this was happening, Veronica and I were helping each other climb over the side and get into the pool. Why not be nice and help people instead of fighting over who gets in first. Even the guys were climbing over the edge to avoid the girl's fight. I jumped in first, loving the way that the cold water rushed over me. It was very refreshing. I heard five splashes while I was underwater. I pushed my way to the top to see that Veronica, Jag, Donny, Adam, and Bryce had jumped in. Zoe, Abbie, and Kori were still fighting about who got to go in first.

"Hey," Veronica called but they refused to pay attention, "HEY!"

They all looked at her now. "We're already in the pool, so you can stop fighting about who gets to go in first."

Abbie, Zoe, and Kori all glared at us, jumping into the pool to gain revenge. They shrieked bloody murder as they slowly sloshed their way over to us.

"We will have...REVENGE!" Abbie yelled before diving at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got 60 readers! That's super cool!
Here are the shorts that Jag is wearing.
They're amazing.
xoxo.