Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

How I Love What You Do To Me

"Holy shit! It's 10:30!" Veronica exclaimed, throwing her phone down on the table. We giggled at her anger management problems even though it's not something to laugh at. The back of the phone that covered the battery popped off, and the battery fell out.

"Oh no! Please don't be broken!" Veronica yelled, running over to put the phone back together. We were still laughing at her as she snapped them back together. We all went into the master bedroom and sat on the bed, the place where all the serious conversations have gone down over the past years.

"Nothing leaves the room," Zoe said.

"Nothing leaves the room," we all replied, the guys a little later than everyone else. It had been our way of swearing secrecy between us so that we didn't have to stress over someone telling everyone everything that we'd said.

"Alright Roxie, you owe us all an explanation. What's been going on?" Zoe asked. Everyone automatically leaned a little bit closer to me, it weirded me out.

"Well, I couldn't take my mom beating me anymore, so I ran away. Then I found Jag at the park the next day, and I've been pretty much living with him since then," I explained. I left out all the gory details since they didn't need to worry about me that much.

"What about your parents?" Kori asked Jag.

"They travel a lot for their job. They're in Japan right now," Jag shrugged. I was glad that they were gone, it was a lot more fun without someone there to keep you in line.

"Is your name really Jag?" Kori asked.

"No. It's Ethan, but I like Jag a lot better," Jag admitted. I hadn't even known this. Jag was blushing. God, he was so damn cute when he blushed!

"How long have you been together?" Veronica asked, waving her hand vaguely at Jag and I.

"Since we met," Jag answered.

"How did you meet?" Abbie asked. None of the other guys were asking questions, they all knew this stuff already.

"Well, I woke up after I passed out the night before and Jag and his band were playing at the park. He was concerned about me and we went back to his place, and after that we were together," I said, leaving out the part where we broke up and he went out with Adam.

"Have you...you know..." Kori hinted, smirking at us.

"Excuse me?"

"She wants to know if you fucked," Bryce explained, sending a deep blush onto my cheeks.

"Have you?" Kori bounced excitedly, making me blush deeper.

"No, we have not, for your information," I replied, trying not to make it sound like we had, because we had not.

"They haven't," Zoe confirmed. Everyone nodded. They all knew that Zoe and I had a mental link.

"Why do you trust her so much? No offense," Donny asked.

"We have a mental link. We have had one since we first met. It's weird, but it's true. So I'd know if and when they fucked," Zoe explained. Donny nodded, apparently understanding this.

Abbie yawned, then Veronica yawned, sending us all into a yawning frenzy.

"Let's go to sleep so that we can get up really early and make an epic breakfast," I suggested.

"Sounds good," Veronica yawned again. Jag and I went over to the bunk beds, claiming the top one to ourselves. Zoe and Abbie took the one below us, bickering about who had more blanket than the other one. Donny claimed the couch, leaving one bed and Kori, Veronica, Adam, and Bryce to decide who got to sleep in it. Finally, they decided that Veronica, Kori, and Bryce would sleep on the bed as long as Bryce slept next to Kori. Adam had nowhere to sleep.

"You can come share our bed!" Zoe called from the bunk bed and Adam was quick to agree. I fell asleep soon after that, snuggling close to Jag.

__________

"Roxie, wake up," Jag whispered, gently shaking me. I groaned, but Jag shushed me. "There's something that I want to show you, but you have to be quiet."

Jag climbed quickly and quietly out of the top bunk and helped me get down just as quiet, but it wasn't quick. We tiptoed past a snoring Donny and crawled out of the camper and into the misty night. Jag took my hand and led me out into the yard, far enough that we wouldn't be seen by anyone from the house or the camper. There was a blanket on the ground with a few on top of it. The ground was wet with dew. My heart was beating extremely quick with anticipation of what was to come. Jag turned on some quiet music, but I couldn't tell what it was.

"We're alone out here," Jag pointed out, sitting close to me.

"...Yeah," I murmured, intoxicated by his presence. I leaned close to him, brushing my lips on his. He kissed me deeply, pressing his tongue into my mouth right away. His hands made their way around my waist, pulling me so that I was sitting on top of him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling us as close together as I could possibly manage. Jag slid his hand up my shirt, making me gasp. He quickly moved it away, but I moved it back, not breaking the kiss. I shivered at the touch of his hand. He cupped my left breast in his hand, making me moan into the kiss.

He leaned back so that I was laying on top of him, still kissing. Jag pulled my shirt over my head, tossing it aside. I pulled his shirt off in turn, and quickly unbuttoned his pants. It took a lot of effort to get them off, seeing as how they were skinnies, but the effort was well worth it. He flipped me over and kissed me passionately; it was so full of love that it made my heart stutter. He unbuttoned my pants and pulled them off with help from me.

"Are you sure you want to do this, because we don't have to," Jag stressed, looking at me with concern.

"Hurry up before I change my mind," I whispered, barely able to talk. Jag kissed me again and unsnapped my bra at the same time that I pulled off his boxers.

__________

Our naked bodies were tangled together on the blanket. I hadn't stopped smiling yet, and neither had Jag. We were busy staring at the night sky, the full moon, the millions of bright stars.

I never, ever wanted this moment to end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to The Only One by The Cure.
It inspired this chapter.
Sorry about the lack of the...interesting parts.
I have no experience and I didn't want to have to rate this any higher.
xoxo.