Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Just Like Heaven

I stretched carefully. My body was sore in places it never had been before. I shivered, where the hell was I?

"Good morning, beautiful," Jag murmured. I nuzzled my head into his naked chest. Wait, what? Naked chest!? My eyes fluttered open. I was in Jag's arms, naked, and laying on a blanket outside. Suddenly, the past events rushed back to me, sending my head spinning. God, that was so amazing...

"I think we should get dressed. I'm cold," I whispered, not quite able to talk yet. My stomach flipped, not with regret, but with the reality of the situation. I wasn't a virgin anymore, and I was fourteen years old. I mean, Kori and Brandy were still thirteen. I grabbed my underthings and quickly pulled them on. Jag already had his boxers on and was now pulling on his jeans.

"Fuck it," I whispered, tackling Jag to the ground and kissing him roughly. Jag kissed back, but pulled away.

"Not right now, everyone'll be waking up soon," Jag murmured. We cuddled up together, not bothering to finish dressing or pull up the blanket. We watched the sunrise, the light pinks and oranges flicker up and take control of the sky. There was a low fog on the ground, making it all the more beautiful.

"The view from here is getting better with you by my side," Jag murmurs. I think my heart melted right then and there when he quoted We The Kings. But that lasted only a moment. The door of the camper swung open. I turned to see Adam with his arm around Zoe, both of them giggling. They looked over, seeing Jag and I half dressed. Adam gasped, and shielded his eyes with his hand as he looked away.

Zoe's eyes got to be the size of the moon as she shrieked, "JAG, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY VIRGIN!?"

Jag's face turned about four hundred shades of red from embarrassment as Zoe's turned about four hundred shades of red from anger. Zoe ran at us full force, Adam trying to catch her.

"YOU PUT YOUR SHIRT ON RIGHT NOW BITCH, WE ARE HAVING A TALK!" Zoe shrieked, throwing my shirt at me and pulled me away from Jag and Adam, who were apparently also having a talk. I slid my shirt over my head, it was damp from dew. I couldn't stop smiling. We sat down on the very edge of Veronica's property, Zoe glaring at me the entire time.

"Did you pay no attention to health class?" Zoe hissed at me. Her shirt was different from last night, but it looked familiar.

"It looks like you didn't pay attention, either from the looks of your shirt," I smirked.

"Well, I uh...that's different!" Zoe stuttered, blushing.

"How so?"

"Uh...this isn't about me, it's about you, so stop it!" Zoe yelled.

"Well if you didn't do it, what happened?" I asked.

"We had a little fun, that's it. Now stop talking," Zoe said.

"So you like Adam?"

"I WILL SLAP YOU!" Zoe yelled, sending us into a short lived fit of laughter. I wiped the tears away from my eyes, and steadied myself on the steep ground.

"Let's just go back, I can't be serious now," Zoe laughed. I nodded, helping her up so that she didn't fall down the hill. Trust me, we've been there, done that.

We walked back in silence, Zoe shooting me glances every so often, usually accompanied by a smirk. I just shook my head each time she did so.

When we got back to Adam and Jag, Jag was sadly wearing his shirt and Adam was wearing Zoe's. It was noticeable. I'm sure there aren't many guys who would wear a hot pink v-neck t-shirt with black polka dots and lace at the bottom.

"You have a very nice taste in shirts," I told Adam, trying to keep a straight face, but I failed miserably at this which made everyone start laughing. Especially me. Adam slid off Zoe's shirt and handed it to her. Zoe pulled it on over top of Adam's shirt and wrestled Adam's shirt out from underneath it, handing it to him once she got it out. Jag had gathered up all the blankets that he'd brought outside the night before. It was kind of sad that we had to give them back. We all walked back to the camper, smiling contently. We walked in to find everyone in the master bedroom sitting on the bed and whispering to each other.

"We need to talk to you guys," Veronica said, obviously pissed off. She motioned for us to come into the bedroom, too. Jag looked around and dropped the blankets on the couch. I bounced into the bedroom and sat on the bed. Jag came and sat next to me, and Zoe and Adam sat by the window that was above the bed.

"What is this?" Abbie asked, holding up a bra that she was pinching between her thumb and forefinger, looking disgusted. It was pink with dinosaurs on it, something that any of us could have.

"It's a bra..." I said, stating the obvious.

"Well I know that! But who's is it?" Abbie rolled her eyes.

Adam coughed, "I may know where that came from." Abbie and Veronica's suspicious gaze turned from Jag and I to Zoe and Adam's clasped hands.

"Hey, we just had some fun, we didn't go all the way like some people I know," Zoe accused, glaring at Jag and I. Everyone's gaze automatically turned to us.

"Well we respectfully went outside and were organized enough to get all our clothes on the correct people!" I yelled, making everyone's eyes turn to Zoe. Zoe sputtered, but couldn't come up with anything.

"YOU DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION IN HEALTH CLASS!" Zoe pointed her finger at me.

"NEITHER DID YOU, SO SHUT THE HELL UP!"

"IF IT WEREN'T FOR OUR GODDAMN MENTAL LINK, I WOULDN'T HAVE FORCED ADAM ONTO ME!"

"OH, DON'T BLAME THE MENTAL LINK!"

"I BLAME WHAT I PLEASE!"

"STOP FUCKING YELLING!!!" Veronica shouted over us, making us stop yelling at each other.

"Thank you. Now, let's make something to eat," Veronica suggested, opening up the refrigerator that was in the camper. She pulled out a carton of eggs and then got a frying pan out of the cupboard.

As soon as the eggs began cooking, my stomach grumbled and my mouth watered. They smelled so amazing, and I really was starting to get hungry. Jag smiled at me, and I hugged him. He hugged back tightly, making me smile.

Veronica finished the eggs quickly, dumping a large portion of them on each plate. She put the on the table and pulled up a few chairs so that everyone could sit down at the table and eat. Jag, Abbie and I crammed onto one side of the table, Zoe, Adam, and Veronica crammed on the other side, and Bryce, Donny, and Kori sat on the chairs that Veronica had pulled over. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Get under the table, Veronica hissed, shoving Adam under the table. Jag, Donny and Bryce all crawled under, too.

"Why?" Zoe whispered.

"The guys weren't supposed to spend the night!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to The Cure.
Very special thanks to xSpunkyx for giving me this idea in her comment:
The sun started to rise, and all of a sudden we heard a giggling Zoe and Adam walk out of the camper together.
They both spotted me and Jag, still naked.
Adam gasped, and put his hand over his eyes, looking away.
Zoe's eyes got wide as she yelled,
"JAG! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY VIRGIN?!"

And for the idea about the guys not being allowed to spend the night.
Without her, this story wouldn't be so amazing.
xoxo.
P.S. I'm thinking about getting a Twitter or MySpace or IM/e-mail account for my stories. What do you think about that??