Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Lightsaber

Mom Smith pulled open the door, a rush of air flowing into the camper, sending shivers down my spine.

"Veronica, your father and I are going to an appointment. Here's the home phone," Mom Smith said, coming into the camper to give Veronica the phone.

"No, no, I'll get it," Veronica said, scrambling to grab the phone and kicking one of the guys in the face in the process.

"OW!" One of the guys, Donny, I think, hissed from under the table.

"What was that?" Mom Smith asked.

"I just stabbed myself in the face," Abbie replied, quick to answer and rubbing her face. Mom Smith shook her head and handed Veronica the phone. She peered at the table over Veronica's shoulder.

"Why are there so many plates and chairs?" Mom Smith's voice was thick with suspicion.

"I was hungry," I said through a mouthful of eggs.

"And I like having a lot of room to stretch out," Kori motioned to the chairs.

"Well, be good. We'll be back in a little while," Mom Smith said, closing the door. We waited a safe amount of time before letting the guys out from under the table. Donny emerged from under the table, his face covered in blood.

"When you were running out, you kicked my in the face and gave me a bloody nose," Donny explained to Veronica.

"I'm sorry! Here, lemme help you with that," Veronica said, wetting a rag an leading Donny over the the couch. She shoved the blankets off of them and onto the floor. She pushed Donny onto the couch and sat down next to him.

"This isn't necessa-" Donny objected, but Veronica started wiping the blood off, anyway. I giggled, knowing that this was the start of something bigger, or else Veronica would be yelling at him for almost getting blood on everything. I heard someone's ringtone go off from the bunk beds and Jag sprang up to get it so I assumed it was his.

"Hello?" his muffled voice came from the other room, "Oh, hey mom!...I'm at Donny's friends house...I'll be home soon, bye."

Jag came into the main area of the camper with a look of frustration on his face.

"My parents are home, but they're leaving tomorrow and they want me home to say hello and goodbye to them. They want me home ASAP." Jag rolled his eyes, sitting down next to me.

"I'll take you guys home in a minute," Donny said.

"OH! Roxie, I forgot to ask, do you wanna come over tonight? Everyone else is busy, and now would be perfect since you can't be at Jag's," Zoe asked me.

"Do you even have to ask? Of course I'll come over!" I exclaimed.

"Shit, that skate park opening was today!" Jag cursed.

"Dude, that got postponed until tomorrow, they weren't ready yet or some shit like that," Bryce said, looking up at Jag.

"Oh, man, we should go shopping!" Zoe shouted. I nodded in agreement. Zoe and I looked at Donny, giving him our best puppy dog eyes. He rolled his eyes, then flipped us off. We knew he had given in, he wouldn't say no to us.

__________

Donny had just dropped Adam off, and now we were headed to town to go to Wal-Mart and the mall. Zoe grabbed my bag and rifled through it, grabbing my notebook and pens. Yes, I brought a notebook, but only so that we could write down memorable quotes that we could use when we become rockstars. Some quotes include Sex: form 6!, How do you spell 'vagina'?, and COCK! They were all from a long night and a dictionary in sixth grade. Zoe flipped to a clean page and wrote me a note.

Did you use protection? She handed me the notebook and a pen so that I could write back.

No, it was so spur of the moment I didn't think of it!

Then we need to get some pregnancy tests. When's your next period?

"What day is it?" I asked aloud, my cheeks tingling with the blush that I knew had found its way there.

"June 6th" Donny replied. I nodded at him in thanks.

Today, then. But I should probably wait for a little while before I do the tests. Just to be sure.

Zoe nodded at me, then put my notebook away.

__________

So here we were, in Wal-Mart searching pointlessly for the place where the pregnancy tests were at. We were wandering the halls, looking at every aisle to try to find out where they were at.

"There!" Zoe yelled, dragging me into the aisle that she pointed at. I was soon surrounded by millions of tests. I stared in confusion at them, not knowing what to get.

"Which one do you want?" Zoe whispered to me, also staring wide-eyed at the mass amounts of tests.

"I don't know! I've never had to look for something like..like this before!" I hissed as I motioned to all the pregnancy tests.

"Don't get snippy, jeez, I was just asking. I think you should get one of each, just so that you can be sure that it didn't malfunction," Zoe said, grabbing a few off the shelf.

"True, true," I said, also grabbing some.

"We should probably get some, uh, condoms too, while we're here. I think they're in the next aisle," Zoe said, coughing the word 'condom' instead of saying it.

"Oh, yeah. That," I said, walking with her to the next aisle and being surrounded by condoms.

"Shit..." Zoe muttered, both of us staring wide-eyed at the mass amounts of condoms.

"Get the glowy ones," I giggled, handing her a box of glow in the dark condoms.

"No! That would be like getting fucked by a lightsaber!" Zoe hissed, smacking the box out of my hands. It landed on the floor with a loud smack, which sent us doubling over in laughter.

After we calmed down, I suggested that we buy the neon colored ones that didn't glow in the dark because being fucked by neon was a much more attractive than being fucked by a lightsaber. Zoe went and got some new perfume, too. I looked at her incredulously.

"You can't just buy condoms and pregnancy tests! You have to make it look like you just picked the other stuff up while you were here," Zoe explained. I didn't know this, it was all so foreign to me...
♠ ♠ ♠
Holycrap, my goal has been met!
I have 10 subscribers!!
Thank you all for being AWESOME!
xoxo.