Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Living Hell

I groaned and rolled over, rolling right onto Zoe.

She moaned, "Get off me, piggy!"

I laughed, knowing that she meant it as a joke, but I couldn't help feeling hurt by it. I rolled off of her and sat up, stretching my arms above my head. Zoe yawned and opened the door.

"Oh, shit!" She exclaimed, walking outside.

"What?" I asked, following her. The sun was low in the sky but the colors surrounding it were that of a sunrise, not a sunset.

"We're gonna be in some deep shit!" Zoe exclaimed, closing the door and pulling my hand. We started runnning to her house as quickly as we could. We reached the house quickly, rounding around to the front of the house to see a car pull in the driveway.

"Fuck!" Zoey hissed, pulling me behind a bush so that we would't be seen by who ever was in the car. It was unfamiliar to me and by the look on Zoe's face, it was unfamiliar to her, too. The car parked and the door opened. Jag stepped out and walked to the front door. I sprang out of the bushes and hugged him, causing him to squeal.

I giggled, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to pick you up. Skate park opening, remember?" Jag asked. I nodded while Zoe tried the front door. It was apparently locked, so she rounded the house and came back with my bag.

"How did you do that?" I asked.

"I always leave my window open. I get locked out a lot," she admitted, then pulled me to the side and whispered, "I put the one box of condoms in your bag. I left the extra test here just in case."

I nodded and we said our goodbyes, entering the car that Jag had driven here.

"Who's car is this?" I asked, running my hand across the dashboard.

"It's mine. My parent's got it for me as a coming home present. Of course, they left this morning, so it's safe for you to come back." He smiled at me, and I layed my head against the cool glass of the window.

__________

I felt my arm being shaken and moaned. I just wanted to sleep.

"Hey, we're here. It's time to wake up," Jag murmured, kissing my cheek. My eyes fluttered open automatically, waking me instantly. Jag smiled at me and got out of the car. I also got out, linking hands with Jag. We walked to the skate park, which was 2 blocks away from where we had parked. There wasn't much going on yet other than a band playing, their stuff seemed familiar but I couldn't quite place it.

There were skaters everywhere and Jag pulled me through the mass of them to get to the band. Their banner claimed that they were Your Best Friend, one of my favorite local bands. I smiled at Jag and he smirked at me. He knew I liked Your Best Friend.

As we stood, listening to music, a guy walked past me. I mean, there were a lot of guys walking past me, but this one was different. He was older than a lot of the people there, and he looked me up and down, smirking at me. As he walked by, he stopped and did a double take. My heart sped up and I wrapped my arm around Jag a little bit tighter. He must have noticed, too, so he pulled me tighter.

Jag and I swayed together. I was seriously starting to have to piss. It was bad. I realized that I hadn't gone since I'd done the pregnancy tests and the pop had started to get to me. I'd seen some portable toilets, and as unappealing and insanitary as they were, I needed one.

"Jag, I'm going to the bathroom. Stay right here, and I'll be back in two minutes. If I'm not back by then, come get me," I said, pecking his cheek and pulling away from his grasp. He smiled at me and nodded.

I wandered to the bathrooms, finding them quickly and going in. I did my business and walked out, making sure that I didn't take too long. As I shut the door, the guy who'd done a double take of me earlier dived at me, covering my mouth and pulling me behind some bushes. I sucked in air, getting ready to scream.

"Make any noise, and I may just have to slit your throat," he smiled, pulling out a switchblade knife and tracing my throat. I whimpered, hoping that it was acceptable. He yanked down my pants and underwear, doing the same to himself. He laughed, and I couldn't help but think it was insanely evil. He shoved himself into me without any warning. It hurt like fucking hell, and I could feel the tears streaming down my cheeks. I closed my eyes, trying to imagine a place, any place, that was happy. That was better than this.

"Get the fuck off of her!" Jag snarled. I opened my eyes in time to see Jag rip the man off of me, kicking him in the face several times. He dropped the man's limp body to the ground and came over to me. He pulled my pants back up and helped me to my feet, catching me when my legs collapsed.

Jag was murmuring something to me, but I couldn't hear what it was. I pulled myself together slightly, trying to avoid any unwanted attention. Suddenly, the two blocks that we walked seemed like two miles.

After what felt like forever, Jag set me in the seat of the car and buckled me in. Jag climbed in next to me, pulling out of the parking lot quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
As of right now, I have 69 readers.
I think it may be a sign.
xoxo.