Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Shopping Confusion

_____Time Lapse: 6 Days Later_____

"I still don't see why we need to go shopping," I whined from the passenger seat of Jag's car.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out," Jag smiled. He'd been being so mysterious today, it was kind of freaking me out.

I don't remember much of what happened after I blacked out, it was basically a blur, but when I woke up I was clothed and bandaged. Jag was being extra careful about my leg, making sure I didn't walk on it too much those first few days. I found that if I glare at him, he won't say anything about it.

We pulled into the parking lot of the same Wal-Mart that Zoe and I had went to a week before. Jag shut off the motor and locked his door. Before I was even unbuckled he had come around and opened my door.

"Jeez, that was quick," I commented, sliding out of the car.

"Can I hold your hand?" Jag asked. He'd been like this since I flinched away from him. Extra careful, asking me if it was okay for him to touch me. He hadn't kissed me since then.

"You don't even have to ask," I reminded him, taking his hand in mine. We walked into Wal-Mart together and Jag pulled out a list. I grabbed a basket as we walked by, knowing that we'd end up needing it. Jag started pulling me to the back of the store. I had no clue where we were going, and by the way that Jag was looking at the sign over each of the aisles, I didn't think he did either.

"You could tell me where we're going so that I could help you," I suggested.

"I'm looking for sunscreen," Jag informed me.

"Sunscreen?"

"Yeah."

"That's near the front, over that way," I said, pointing to the left. Jag looked relieved.

"Oh, thanks for getting a basket. I didn't even think of it." Jag spotted the sunscreen aisle, dragging me into it.

"What SPF do you want?" Jag asked. God, was it really necessary to have millions of different brands of everything? I grabbed an SPF 80+ because I really didn't want a tan. Hell, while we're at it, why not get another spray bottle?

"Alright. Now we need to get some ponchos," Jag said. Pulling me to the rain gear section.

"May I ask why?"

"You have to figure it out." Jag said, yet again being mysterious. I sighed as we walked the distance to the rain gear.

"We need to get something compact," Jag said, leading me to the area where there were the most compact ponchos. We both grabbed a black one at the same time, then laughed at our similarities.

"What's next?" I asked, almost scared to find out. Jag smirked at me, sensing my unease.

"Uh...snacks," Jag said. I was surprised, this seemed like a normal enough thing.

"Cool! What did you have in mind?" I asked, hesitant again.

"Oh, I don't know. Chips, fruit maybe."

"Can we...eat this stuff?"

Jag laughed, "Eventually. When I tell you that you can eat it."

Jag laughed even harder at my expression, making the old ladies look at us like we shouldn't be at Wal-Mart. Which made Jag laugh harder. We grabbed a few small bags of chips and some apples, then went to the self checkout so that we didn't have to be checked out by the annoying people who talked you ear off.

The drive home was a quiet one, accompanied by a light drizzle. Jag wouldn't let me take any of the bags in, he took them himself. I rolled my eyes at him, I wasn't disabled. I think I could handle a bag of chips.

"Well, do you wanna watch TV?" Jag asked. I agreed, TV was a good way to keep my mind off of why we went shopping. I sat close next to Jag on the couch, but we weren't quite touching. He wouldn't let me. He turned on the TV and flipped it to SpongeBob SquarePants. I realized how tired I was, I had been getting cramps and couldn't sleep. It was the shock of the events a couple days ago that kept me up, I was sure. Jag never noticed, he was such a heavy sleeper. He was probably still catching up on his missed sleep from when he stayed up for three days after I was recovering from my suicide attempt.

I leaned my head on Jag's arm as I drifted to sleep. Just before I was out I could feel him move away from me, resting my head on a pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, I wonder what Jag is planning!
xoxo.