Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Surprise!

I woke up to a terrible stomach ache. I moaned and looked around. I was in Jag's car, the clock read 10:12. How in the hell did I get into his car?

"Good morning. You woke up just in time," Jag murmured. I groaned, trying to stretch out my back.

"Where are we?" I mumbled, not yet ready to wake up. Jag pulled up to some dude who asked him for money to park. Honestly, where would we need money to park at? I'm thinking it would help if Jag told me where we were going.

"Do you remember me bringing you in here this morning?" Jag asked, smiling at me. I thought back and found the memory, hazy from my half-unconscious state. Jag had carried me bridal style into the car, banging my head against the door. I'd slapped him.

"Yeah. You bashed my head on the door and then I slapped you," I giggled.

"You make it sound worse than it was. It was a tap," Jag smiled at me.

"I know, but you woke me up," I admitted, making myself laugh. Jag pulled into a parking space. The lot was immense, and there were other lots just like it. Jag turned of the motor and handed me a piece of paper.

"You'll need this," he said, his grin was huge. I didn't know what to do with it.

"What is it?" I asked, my lip curling.

Jag laughed, "Just read it, silly."

So, I read it. I examined each word, making my heart race. Then I read it again, realization hitting me this time. My jaw flopped open and I couldn't find the will to close it.

"Eh!" Was all I managed to say, turning to look at Jag. He nodded.

"You got these...?" I found the will to make my mouth move.

"Yep," he confirmed.

"For us?"

"Yep."

"Oh. My. God."

"Yep."

"OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO WARPED TOUR!" I screeched, unbuckling myself and throwing myself on top of Jag.

"Yeah. Do you like it?" He asked.

"I love it!" I kissed Jag quickly. He unbuckled himself and reached into the backseat and pulled out a backpack. I looked at him questioningly.

"I don't think you wanna carry a whole bunch of shit around all day," he explained.

"Oh, okay." We both got out. I was eager to get inside, but Jag pulled me back.

"Close your eyes," he directed, rummaging around in the backpack.

"Why?"

"Do you want a sunburn?"

"Ew, no."

"Then close your eyes," he said, pulling out the sunscreen that we'd bought yesterday. Now it all seemed to fit together, the sunscreen, the snacks. I squeezed my eyes shut and held my breath while Jag sprayed me with sunscreen. It was cold and slimy and it smelled like coconuts. It was gross.

"Okay, you're done. Now spray me," Jag said, handing me the sunscreen. He shut his eyes, and I thoroughly sprayed him with the sunscreen, making him shiver.

__________

After two long hours of line-waiting, we made it into the venue, heading straight for the merch booths because Jag and I wanted a t-shirt. We went to the A Skylit Drive booth first. I seen the t-shirt that I wanted right away, and Jag did, too. We bought them, earning a 'thank you so much' from the guy selling them. There was something unsettlingly familiar about him. Then it hit me, that was Cory La Quay, they're drummer.

"Can we get a picture with you?" Jag asked, beating me to it.

"Yeah, sure thing," Cory agreed, posing with me as Jag took our picture. Then we switched places, Jag posed with Cory and I took the picture.

"What's your names?" Cory asked us after we finished with the pictures.

"I'm Roxie, this is Jag," I introduced, my stomach filling with butterflies.

"Those are some rad names," Cory smirked. Unfortunately, we had to go. There were other places to go.

Underoath was the playing in fifteen minutes on the main stage, so we went over there. There was already a build up of people, so we were pretty far back. As soon as the music started, a pit with those people who think it's cool to thrash like an idiot and ruin everybody else's day.

__________

Right after we seen Underoath, we went over to the tent that they were doing a signing at. We were near the front of the line, but we had over an hour's wait. The heat and the sun were getting to me, and my head started spinning.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jag asked, his voice a little fuzzy.

"I think I need some water," I said. Jag quickly handed me a bottle, and I drank most of it. It felt amazing to say the least. My head started to calm down and I could hear correctly now. Luckily, Underoath had just come, and we got their autograph. It was so cool to see them up close.

"Let's go sit down," Jag suggested, taking my hand in his. I nodded, it seemed like a good idea.

Then it hit me, this was the first time in over a week that Jag hadn't asked permission to hold my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think that her faintness is only from the heat...
But that may just be me.
xoxo.