Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Not For The Faint of Heart

Jag and I found a sidewalk and sat down on that because pretty much everywhere else was crammed with people.

"That was amazing," I mumbled, smiling. Jag smiled at me, handing me another bottle of water. I tried to say 'thanks' but nothing came out of my mouth. I rested my head on Jag's shoulder and automatically felt him tense up, so I pulled away. God, he kept reminding me of that fucking day. It's almost like he regretted what we did at Veronica's.

"I'm sorry, Roxie," Jag apologized. It was silent for another moment.

"Do you regret what we did...at Veronica's?" I asked so quietly that I'm sure he had a hard time hearing me.

"No! That was the best night of my life. Why would you think that I'd regret it?" Jag asked. I wasn't able to look him in the eyes.

"Because you don't let me touch you. If I do, you get all tense. Or you ask my permission, like you don't want to, so you have to ask me if I think it's okay," I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want to hurt you. I don't know if you want me to or not, so I want to ask. When you flinched away from me that night...when I found your cut...I didn't know if you wanted to be with me anymore." Jag whispered the last part.

"Are you serious?" I asked, finally looking at him. He didn't reply, he took my face in his hands and kissed me. I heard a noise of disgust from one of the people beside us. Jag pulled away and blushed.

"See, that's the way it should be, no questions asked," I mumbled, so surprised I couldn't form words. Jag laughed at me and I smiled. It felt like a big weight had been removed from my chest.

"Come on," Jag said, grabbing my hand and leading me to the Hurley stage. I could hear The Maine playing before I could see them. Jag and I swayed together and sang along to the music. Again, it was amazing, but the people around me were making me immensely claustrophobic and insanely hot. We only caught the last half of the set because we came in late, but that doesn't even effect the awesomeness. Before they ended, Jag pulled me out of the mosh pit so that we could sit down to make sure that I didn't pass out. We'd already drank all the water and spent most of the money he brought, so we just relaxed as well as we could.

"What's next?" I asked, curious to know when I had to get back up. My feet were already killing me, not from standing but from the heat of the asphalt. It was insane.

"Well, Escape the Fate is doing a signing in an hour, so we could probably go get in line now," Jag said. How he knew this stuff was beyond me. I looked at him to see he had a schedule pulled out and was looking at it.

"Let's go!" I said, dragging Jag up from the sidewalk. Escape the Fate was my favorite band of all time. The line wasn't that long yet, so we jumped in it. Jag pulled out a CD of theirs and handed it to me to get it signed.

__________

We walked away from the signing and headed straight for the Smartpunk stage. Jag said that A Skylit Drive was playing. My head was spinning. I had seen Escape the Fate up close and Max Green had touched my hand. I was so happy that I think that I could explode. But I don't think that's possible.

We listened to some guy rapping for five minutes before A Skylit Drive played. Who ever was rapping wasn't that good.

When he finished, A Skylit Drive came out and played right away. I sang along to every word, Jag and I had pushed our way up to the front. Nick reached into the crowd and held my hand during Eva The Carrier, I just about died.

They finished after a half an hour and there was a signing soon. Jag and I rushed to get over to their merch tent so that we could make sure to get their autograph.

A Skylit Drive came out earlier so that they could get more signing done and we were close to the front of the line. Again, I was starting to feel faint from standing. It must be the heat and the fact that I'd been standing a lot more than usual.

When we got to the front of the line, I got a handshake from Kyle and Brian.

"Hey Roxie, Jag." Cory smirked, looking at Jag and I and shaking our hands.

"Hey, Cory," I smiled, I couldn't keep the grin off of my face. We moved down the line to Joey, and then to Jag (the singer, not my boyfriend). He smiled at me and hugged me and Jag (my boyfriend). I swear I died inside a little bit.

We walked away, deciding what we would do next.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOH!
I met my goal, 13 subscribers!
Thank you all so superduper much.
xoxo.