Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Sweet Darkness

"Escape the Fate is playing in an hour, so we should probably sit down for a little while," Jag said, this time not looking at the schedule. He must have memorized it.

"That sounds amazing," I said. I was tired, my arms and back ached, and my feet were killing me.

"You wanna go in the warehouse thing?" Jag asked, motioning to the big building. I nodded, anxious to get out of the heat of the sun. We walked into the building, greeted by somewhat cooler air and shade. I sighed, this was so much better than the sunshine.

The place was jam-packed with people. The only place for us to sit was way in the back where there were no fans. I layed down on the dirty floor, not caring. I just needed to stretch out and relax. Who cares what person was here first? Jag lay next to me, keeping a distance because you could literally feel the heat radiating off of our bodies. I was sweating like crazy and there was no breeze in the warehouse.

After I cooled off, I realized how badly my throat was hurting. I needed something to drink, but we only had thirty bucks left, but that was in the car, reserved for gas money. I tried biting my tongue because the pain always made my mouth water. I don't think that's healthy, but I did it anyway, trying to get some spit in my mouth and swallow it. A cheap version of water.

Then I realized how stuffy it was. It started getting harder and harder to breathe. I sat up and stretched, acting like there was nothing wrong.

"You wanna get outta here?" Jag asked.

"Yeah," I croaked. Jag grabbed our bag and took my hand. We quickly left the building, going outside. It wasn't quite as hot now, thank heavens. Jag and I sat under a small tree, trying to soak up as much shade as we possibly could.

"When's Escape the Fate playing?" I asked, it was easier to breathe now.

"Ten minutes. On that stage." Jag pointed to the Hurley stage, which wasn't very far away. At least we didn't have to go on a treasure hunt for their stage.

"We should probably get over there, then," I said, standing up quickly. Too quickly, because my head spun and it felt like I would pass out. Jag jumped up and grabbed onto me, making sure that I didn't fall.

"Wait for it...wait for it...Alright, it's all good," I said, smiling. I dragged Jag over to the stage, pulling him up as close as we could.

They came out, and my heart sped up. These guys were my heroes, and I finally got to see them up close. I sang along to every word. We were close to the side that Max was standing on, and I think I died inside. Again, I know that I shouldn't think about guys other than my boyfriend, but in this case I'd never be with them, so it didn't matter. Craig was an amazing singer, I don't care what most people say. But he looked sunburned. I felt for him.

They got to their last song, The Guillotine II (This War Is Ours) and Craig wanted people to do a wall of death. I had no idea what that was, but Jag dragged me away from whatever it was. The name didn't sound very appealing, to tell you the truth. I watched as Craig said 'go'. Everyone ran at each other full force. It was amazing, but I was so glad that I wasn't part of it.

By the time that they finished, my head was spinning. Jag had to pull me out of the crowd, but I couldn't see anything. My stomach was churning and my vision had black spots all over it. I could hear Jag saying something, but it just sounded like muffled static. My legs gave out and I collapsed to the pavement, my pounding head finally giving way to sweet darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are amazing!
xoxo.