Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

I Could Use A Vacation Myself

I groaned and attempted to roll over. Something beneath me crinkled and there was something holding my left arm back. Where the hell was I? Whatever I was laying on wasn't all that comfortable...

I decided to open my eyes, that would give me a better view of what was going on. The room was almost completely white, there were some spots of pale yellows and blues, but not much else. The smell was that of chemicals and gauze, there was an IV in my arm. My stomach started churning, I hated needles. As the door swung open my heart started pounding harder than it already was. If that was possible.

"Miss Fischer...ah, there you are," a man in a white lab coat said, "I'm Doctor Maylene."

"Uh, hi?" It was more a question than a greeting.

"You're probably wondering why you're here. You passed out from heat exhaustion and dehydration, nothing more. You're fine to go home. I noticed the...cuts on your arm. I was wondering how you got those," Doctor Maylene sat down on the chair next to me, referring to a clipboard several times.

"I...fell," I said, my heart felt like it was in my throat, making it harder for me to breathe.

"Alright, that's was Ethan said, too. Now, I also have some news for you. I don't know if you'll consider it good or bad," the doctor looked from the clipboard to me.

"What is it?" I whispered, a lump forming in my throat. They must be sending me to one of those correctional facilities for teens. They must know that I lied about my cuts.

"You're pregnant."

"Wait, can you repeat that?" I asked, not sure if I heard him right.

"You're pregnant." He repeated himself, looking at me, "I didn't tell your boyfriend, but I can if you want me to."

"No! No, I'll tell him," I said. Now I wish I was going to that correctional facility.

"Alright, well I'll get the nurse in here to take out your IV, and you'll be all set to head home." The doctor stood up and walked out the door, motioning to someone. A nurse walked into the room, smiling widely at me and removing my IV.

"You're all set Miss Fischer. Remember, be careful now that there's a little one inside you," the nurse winked at me and led me to the door. My heart was pounding harder now, I was concious of each motion that I made. Each motion that could affect the little being inside me. Tears sprang to my eyes.

"Roxie!" Jag jumped up off of a chair and pulled me to his chest. I hugged him back, trying to push the tears into the back of my skull.

"She's all ready to go. Just make sure she takes it easy," the nurse said to Jag before walking off. Jag smiled at me and took my hand in his. We walked out of the hospital and into Jag's car. I buckled myself in, trying to be extremely careful with my stomach. I didn't want to hurt it. Jag climbed into the driver's seat and started the car.

"Can I use your cell phone?" I asked hesitantly. I hope he didn't ask what for.

"Yeah, it's in the bag in the backseat," Jag replied. I reached back and pulled the cell phone out. I positioned myself so that I was facing Jag. The last thing I needed was for him to see what I was texting.

Zoe's number was already programmed into the phone, so that was the easy part. I texted, "It's Roxie, u home alone?"

I waited for the reply, which came sooner than I'd expected. She wrote, "No, Adam's here. Wut u need?"

"Jag, how long will it be until we get home?" I asked.

"Uh, about a half an hour, why?"

"Can Zoe and Adam come over then?"

"Sure thing."

I texted, "Cum over. Bring Adam and the test. 45 min."

"Kay" was her response. I deleted the text history and put the phone back in the bag. I curled up as well as I could, favoring my stomach. I tried to clear my thoughts, trying not to think about what the doctor said. I took deep breaths and thought about all the amazing things that happened at Warped.

But I had to plan, I had to know what to tell Jag and when to tell him. My heart started racing faster, pounding harder. I don't think that's very healthy, I mean, I could probably have a heart attack from this.

God, I really need a vacation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Run In The Front by Dear And The Headlights.
I altered the layout.
Heehee.
xoxo.