Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

MakingDamnSure

We pulled into the driveway, Adam and Zoe were already there. Zoe was carrying a pink and black leopard print purse. My heart started pounding again.

"Zoe and I will be upstairs," I told Jag as I quickly unbuckled and shoved open the car door. As soon as I was out, I swung it closed and grabbed Zoe's hand, dragging her into the house and up the stairs. I dragged her into Jag's room before I stopped and looked at her.

"What's going on?" Zoe asked, looking at me with wide, frantic eyes. I took a deep shaky breath. I didn't know how to tell her.

"We went to Warped Tour and I passed out and the doctor said that I was pregnant but I want to see for myself," I replied in a rush. I couldn't look her in the eyes.

"But...but they said the first day of your missed..."

"I know, but it might have come the next day! Do you have the test?" My started burning with the tears that I knew were coming.

"Yeah, here," Zoe quickly unzipped her purse and pulled it out. She handed it to me. I hesitated before taking it. I didn't want to take it. I just wanted time to freeze, never knowing what was waiting for me underneath the cardboard of the box.

"I'm not gonna hold your hand while you do it," Zoe said softly. I glared at her and pulled the box open.

"Wish me luck," I whispered before closing the door to the bathroom. If she did wish me luck, my ears were ringing too loud for me to hear. I won't give you the details, but I peed on the stick, then went back out into Jag's room.

"What's the verdict?" Zoe asked quietly.

"I don't know yet. We need to wait another five minutes," I whispered. I sat down on Jag's bed, clutching the test. My hands were shaking violently, and they were cold. Zoe grabbed the test out of my hands and held it in hers, flipping it upside down.

"You're not allowed to see it until the time is up so find a way to pass the time," Zoe said.

"You're evil, you know that?"

"That's what Adam said last night," Zoe grinned.

"Oh, ew. Too much information!" I yelled covering my face and laying back on the bed.

"Adam didn't think it was," Zoe said, still going.

"Stop!" I said. I smacked her lightly on the back of her head.

"Well, that's one thing that he didn't say," Zoe grinned even bigger. By now I realized that saying something would just get give her something to say that was pervy, so I just glared. She looked away, then looked back to see that I was still glaring at her. She did this again, then rolled her eyes at me.

"Five minutes is up," Zoe said, after what felt like five hours. She handed me the test, still upside down. I took a deep breath, trying to steady my racing heart. I flipped it over. My heart stopped.

"Oh, fuck," Zoe whispered from next to me. I felt the tears roll down my face, the only thing that I could process was the little pink plus sign. I threw it on the floor and shreiked. I curled myself up in a ball and started crying. Zoe hugged me close to her, trying to comfort me.

"Do you want me to leave so that you can talk to Jag?" Zoe asked, pulling away and looking at me.

"S-stay until I c-c-calm down," I whispered. Zoe pulled me back to her, being extremely careful.

After a while, Zoe pulled back, "I'm gonna head home. You need to tell Jag and I want to give you your privacy."

I nodded. Zoe pecked me on the cheek and picked up her bag. "Good luck," she whispered, then closed the door. I was left alone, shaking and trying to calm down. I could hear Zoe yell to Adam that she was leaving and he had to drive her home. She also told Jag to wait for me in the living room, I'd be down in a minute. She was set on having me tell him.

I took a deep breath, wiped the tears from my eyes. I moved slowly off of the bed and grabbed the stupid little test off of the floor. I walked slowly across the room, then slowly down the stairs. I walked even slower into the living room, my heart feeling like it was beating out of my chest. My head spun as I opened the door, looking at Jag.

"Jag, we need to talk," I whispered. I hid the test, only wanting to show it to him when it was nessecary.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Taking Back Sunday.
Comment/Subscribe?
xoxo.