Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Without A Sound

I slipped through the front door, making sure that I locked it behind me. The light blinked again and I pulled out the lighter that I had stashed in my backpack. I ran towards the area where the flashlight had been, starting my lighter as I went. I hoped the dull glow of it would be enough to help Jag find me.

"Roxie!" He hissed. I ran for the noise, my eyes not yet adjusted to the darkness. I held a hand out in front of me, feeling my way through the trees.

"Jag, where are you?" I asked, getting desperate. I knew he could hear it. Something grabbed my hand and I stifled a shriek. Had Eva woken up and come to get me?

"I'm right here, sweetheart," Jag murmured, pulling me through the trees. We moved swiftly. I tripped on a tree but Jag caught me. We gripped each other's hands like our lives depended on it. The full moon peeked through the tops of the trees and I could see the stars.

"Roxie!" Eva shrieked. My heart sped up faster than it already was. She knew, she knew. She already woke up. She knew. But I knew that she wouldn't be able to find us. Jag's flashlight was off and so was my lighter. Still, I shouldn't be able to hear her footsteps, should I?

"Hurry!" Jag whispered, almost inaudibly. We sped up, her footsteps and heavy breathing coming from behind us. I could now see every tree in front of me, and there weren't many left.

We broke through the trees and onto the dirt road, but we couldn't stop yet. Jag kept running with me down the road. I could see his car. It was parked on the edge of the road quite a way ahead.

"Roxie, please!" Eva begged. I wouldn't look back. It was like a scary movie and Eva was the chainsaw killer that had only one soft spot, and that was for the girl who didn't love them. I shook my head. I could feel the tears run down my cheeks as I gasped for air. I couldn't run much longer.

"It's only a little way ahead. You can make it, I believe in you," Jag murmured soothingly.

So I made it. I ran and wrenched open the passenger door and climbed into the front seat. Jag started the car and pulled away just as Eva reached the back bumper. I wiped the tears away that were streaming from my eyes. Not because I missed Eva, but because I was relieved that we made it.

"We made it...we made it!" I laughed incredulously. Jag started laughing, too. I started crying again. I looked at Jag, and he looked back at me.

"I love you, Jag. I love you," I slurred, my manic laughter and tears making it hard to speak.

"I love you, too, Roxie." He grinned at me through his own tears. I took a few deep breaths.

"She raped me, Jag," I whispered.

"What!?" Jag yelled at looked at me. His eyes were wide. Terrified.

"She raped me today. After we left the park. I made sure that I Was wasted, but she did it," I whispered.

"S-She...you... Roxie, you're pregnant!" He informed me.

"Oh. Right," I mumbled. My hand automatically moved to my stomach. I lifted up my shirt and looked at it, the scratches that tainted the pale skin.

"What the fuck did she do?!" Jag demanded, tracing the claw marks gently. I shrugged and looked at him. His lip ring glinted in the moonlight. I hadn't seen his lip ring in so long...

Jag pulled into his driveway soon after that. He took my bags and my hand and led me into his house. When we got in we were greeted by a moan. Jag looked confused, so we went to check it out.

There was another moan, "Alex. Oh God, fuck me." Then there was a giggle. It was coming from the living room, where the door was closed. Jag looked at me hesitantly, then opened the door slowly.

The opened door revealed Brandy and Alex on the couch together. Brandy was wearing nothing but a bra and underwear. Alex was shirtless and Brandy was unbuttoning his pants as he sucked on her neck.

"Brandy! What the fuck!?" Jag yelled. Her head snapped up. She glared at Jag and I.

"Fuck is right," She mumbled, then went back to unbuttoning Alex's pants. Jag stared at her in horror.

"You're not just gonna fuck on my couch! No! Get out!" Jag yelled, pointing at the door. Brandy grumbled as she grabbed her clothes and walked out the door, Alex trailing after her like a puppy. I couldn't help but giggle. That was pretty funny.

"You might need to burn that couch," I giggled. Jag wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed the top of my head.

"I know..." he trailed off, looking like he wanted to say something else.

"And...?"

"And I'm so glad you're back."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Drowning Lessons by My Chemical Romance.
Two pages of comments?! w00t!
xoxo.