Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Don't Trust A Ho

Jag and I had fallen asleep together on his bed. He'd woke me up at about noon because he wanted me to eat something. I was exhausted.

I was washing the dishes when Jag's phone rang. Jag answered it, made a funny face, then handed it to me.

"Hello?" I asked, wiping my hands off. Jag took over the dish washing.

"You. Me. Webcam. Now." It was Zoe. After she said that, she hung up. I stared at the phone, confused, before I set it down on the counter.

"Zoe wants me and her to do a webcam chat, so I'll be upstairs," I told Jag, kissing him on the cheek. I ran up the stairs to the computer room and started up the webcam. Zoe was on already, so she started a conversation thing.

"Hey, bitch," she greeted me. I smiled at her.

"Wow, hello to you, too. How did you know that I was at Jag's?" I asked her.

"Brandy told us about how she was trying to fuck Alex when you two barged in," she said, trying to stifle her laughter. She failed miserably. I started laughing, too.

"We're burning the couch," I told her, which made her laugh even harder. We were already wiping the tears away from our eyes when I realized something.

"Zoe, why is your shirt on backwards?" I asked.

"IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT!" She yelled. I held my hands up in the air, signaling my defeat.

"Okay, okay. You're sure-"

"Positive."

"Alright then."

"Brandy said that Jag-" Suddenly, someone walked into the room with only his boxers on. "SHIT!" Zoe cursed.

"Who is-?"

"ADAM, GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY ROOM!" Zoe answered my question, standing up. She didn't have any pants on. She knocked over the webcam when she did so and it fell on the table, pointing at her bed. I bit the sleeve of my hoodie to stop from giggling. Her bed was all messed up and there was a pile of clothes beside it. The wastebasket was filled with condom wrappers.

"Okay, okay!" Adam said, then walked out of the room. Zoe picked up the webcam at about the time that Jag came into the room and sat in a chair next to me. Zoe took a deep breath, collecting herself.

"That's not what it looked like," she said seriously. I couldn't help it, I let myself burst out laughing.

"How are condom wrappers 'not what it looks like'?" I giggled. Zoe glared at me.

"It's not what it looked like, Fischer!" She was angry now.

"Oh really, Peterson?"

"Trust me.

"3OH!3 says not to trust you," I said. Jag started laughing from beside me.

"Shove it, Ethan," Zoe warned, but started laughing, too.

"Okay, why did you have a webcam chat if you just fucked?" I asked.

"We didn't just fuck. And Brandy said you were home, so I wanted to talk to you."

"Why is your shirt on backwards?" Jag asked. Zoe rolled her eyes.

"Did you not just hear our conversation?" Zoe laughed. There was a knock on the door from Zoe's end of the conversation.

"WHAT?" Zoe yelled.

"Can I come in now?" Adam's muffled voice asked.

"Are you decent?"

"Yes."

"Then come on in," she said. Adam was fully clothed now, wearing green skinny jeans and a black Bring Me The Horizon t-shirt.

"Uh, Zoe. You shirt is kinda...backwards," he pointed out. Zoe turned and glared at him.

"I KNOW!" she yelled, but her voice broke with a giggle right in the middle of the sentence.

"Oh, hey Jag. We're having band practice at Donny's soon. Girls can come, too," he said, grinning at me, "And hello to you, too, Roxie. Glad you're back with Jag."

"Hi, Adam. I am, too," I grinned. Jag was blushing.

"So, I heard Brandy was fucking Alex on your couch last night," Adam said.

"Adam, we already covered that topic," Zoe said, turning to him. I broke out laughing again. This was epic.

"Sorry, sorry," Adam apologized. Zoe's phone rang and she answered it, standing up and walking out of the room. Adam and Jag talked about music while I listened politely. Zoe suddenly burst back into the room.

"Veronica's getting online!" she shrieked. I screamed, and Adam and Jag looked very confused.

"We're just very excited," I explained as Veronica signed in and joined our conversation.

"Hi Zoe, Roxie, Jag, Adam," she greeted us all. She was carefully examining something that was in her lap.

"Whatcha got there?" Zoe asked her. She whipped her hand up and smacked it into the webcam, knocking it over. She swore and picked it back up. She held up a picture of Gerard Way.

"APE MAN WAY!" she cried. Everyone joined in on a fit of laughter. I don't know if I'd ever been happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Don't Trust Me by 3OH!3
I have to wrap up this story in less than three weeks!
Love you,
xoxo.