Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Haven't Seen Him Smile In A While

_____1 Week Later_____

If there was one thing that I'd noticed this week is the fact that Jag hasn't smiled. He always looks deep in thought, and no matter how hard I try, I cannot make him smile. Not even Donny could make him smile. Yes, I called Donny over. Jag barely talked, let alone sang. At the moment, we were sitting stiffly on the couch, watching the weather channel. Jag's phone vibrated on the table, so he reached to answer it. It was a text message. He handed the phone to me. The message said 'Webcam now." I handed the phone back to Jag and ran up to start the webcam. I didn't hear Jag coming upstairs, so I assumed he was staying downstairs. Too bad for him.

I switched on the webcam and was immediately joined to a conversation with Brandy, Abbie, Veronica, Kori, and Zoe. Zoe was rubbing her eyes, apparently being woken up by Brandy's message.

"Good, we're all here. Now, I have some news for you guys," Brandi said. Her voice was indifferent. "Well, I broke up with Alex, and now I'm going out with Zach. And you know I'm pregnant. I found out who the father was."

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. She'd claimed it was Jag's, so who could it possibly be.

"Who is it?" Zoe said with just an ounce of bitterness hidden behind it. Brandy, of course, didn't notice.

"It's Bryce," she said, her lip curling in disgust. Okay, why did she fuck him if she thought he was gross? Kori's mouth fell open and she grabbed her cell phone and started feverishly texting. I figured she was bitching out Bryce. Her eyes were watering and she bit her lip to keep from crying.

"Are you keeping it?" Veronica asked. Brandy's mouth fell open.

"Ew, no! I mean, if it were Jag's then that would be different, but Bryce's? Ugh, not a chance," she said, "Jag is damn fine, and I'm sure he'd be with me after that."

"Excuse me, but we're together," I said, pointing at myself.

"Oh, I think that Roxie has an announcement that she'd like to make," Zoe said. Nice. She'd put me on the spot, forcing me to either tell them or make up a lie. Suddenly, everyone's eyes turned to me.

"Uh, well...um. I'm pregnant," I mumbled. Abbie, Kori, and Brandy didn't know this yet, and their mouths fell open in surprise.

"You...you copied me! You wanted attention!" Brandy accused. I knew that this was a bad idea. I heard Kori's gasp as she looked at her phone. Bryce had confirmed it, he and Brandy had fucked.

"She was actually pregnant before you. She's five weeks along," Zoe said. Brandy's mouth fell open again as she stuttered, searching for a way to tell us off.

"Well, at least I can afford an abortion," she said, smirking at her own dis. Rage flooded my body. I thought I heard the door creak open, but I couldn't hear very well.

"Alright, bitch. You're being fucking selfish, not keeping it because it's Bryce's. Y'know what? I don't care, because this is just gonna happen again. Some other guy is gonna get you knocked up. Your parents aren't gonna keep paying for your abortions, you know," I yelled, letting all my fury out.

"Whore," she said. I laughed out loud.

"Me? A whore? HA! You've got that backwards. I'm not with a different person every week, am I?" I laughed.

"Slut," she said.

"I hope you know that if I were there, I'd be beating your fucking ass, pregnant or not," I seethed.

"You could try," she scoffed.

"I could try and win," I shot back.

"I fucking love Jag," she said, desperately trying to change the subject.

"No, you love fucking Jag. There's a difference. I love Jag," I said.

"As I recall, you fucked him, too."

"As I recall, you tried fucking Alex on his couch not three days after you fucked Jag," I retorted. She ran out of excuses then and resorted to putting on her best pissed off face. She flipped me off and left the conversation.

"E-High Five," Abbie announced. Everyone lifted their hands and high fived the air. Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me. I turned and seen Jag, a small smile on his face. This small gesture sent my heart into a frenzy. My smile was so huge that I thought my lips might crack. He seemed amused by this as he took a seat next to me. I wiped the hair away from my face and received four gasps.

"RING!" Veronica screeched, pointing her finger at the computer screen. Zoe, Abbie, and Kori screamed in unison and I had to cover my ears.

"Did you propose?!" Abbie asked Jag, all of them bouncing up and down in excitement.

"No, it's a promise ring. I've got one, too," Jag explained, holding up his hand.

"What's the promise?" Zoe asked, still excited.

"I promise to stay with her and help her take care of the baby. She promised to stay off drugs and other bad things. And stay with me," Jag explained.

"Aww!" They all cooed. I blushed but smiled, I couldn't help it. I hadn't stopped smiling since Jag had smiled. He was still smiling. Jag looked at me, and I looked at him. He leaned forward and kissed me gently on the lips. We got a lot of 'awws' and gagging noises. Jag pulled away from me.

Kori growled and pitched her phone across the room. We all stopped and stared at her through the screen.

"Are you okay?" I murmured.

"I'll be fine. I'm just pissed off at Bryce right now."

"He did that back before you were going out. You know how Brandy is. She can get inside anyone's pants if she wants it. Besides, she's getting an abortion, so it's not like there's gonna be any of his babies running around," I tried to console her.

"I guess that's true," she said, getting up and picking up her phone. When she came and sat back down, she wiped her eyes and smiled at me.

"You're so good at giving advice," Veronica said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Sound Effects And Overdramatics by The Used.
Wow, chapter 50!
xoxo.