Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Her Nose Starts To Bleed

We talked through webcam for about a half hour more before we heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll go get it," I said, and ran down the stairs to answer the door. When I flung it open, what I seen surprised me. Brandy was there, obviously wasted and high from what her pupils told me.

"You said you could k...kick my ass. Let's see it...bitch," she slurred.

"Well, I'll feel just terrible kicking your drunk slash high ass," I told her, sarcasm thick in my voice.

"If you...c-can," she slurred.

I turned into the house and yelled, "Jag! Brandy's here and she's begging me to kick her ass, so I'll be outside."

"Alright, have fun," he called back. I smirked and went outside with Brandy. We walked into the backyard. She tried to hit me, but her reflexes were too slow. I caught her hand and threw it away from her.

"Fucking...hit me. Or are you too s-scared?" she taunted me. I smirked.

"Can't say you didn't ask for it," I said, then punched her square in the face. When you spend your childhood around Veronica, you learn how to fight. Brandy screeched and made a sad attempt to fight me. She slapped and kicked, nothing hurting me. Blood poured from her nose, soaking her pink and white Hello Kitty t-shirt. Her eyes became panicked as each of her hits missed me. So she resorted to verbal abuse.

"Jag was so sexy when he was naked. Oh man, he fucked my brains out. Mmm, he was so damn fine," she purred, smirking as I stopped moving. But that was only the beginning. As she advanced in her next pathetic attack, I growled. Well, I guess it was a mix between a shriek and a growl, but whatever. I ran at her full force, tackling her to the ground. She gasped.

"You never say that again, do you fucking hear me?" I hissed as I clutched her neck.

"I'll say what I want," she gasped. So, I punched her. And then I did it again. And again. You get the point. She started to bawl, the tears mixing with blood from her nose. After I was satisfied that she wasn't going to be talking about that shit anymore, I got off of her. She was bawling on the ground, not able to get up. I looked up at the house. Jag was there with the webcam, showing everyone what had happened. I waved to them to show that I was okay, and then went into the house. I needed to call Zach to tell him to come pick her up. I remembered that Jag had taken his phone upstairs with him, so I ran up.

"Hey, can I use your phone?" I asked as I entered the computer room.

"Sure thing," Jag said, handing me his phone.

"Thanks," I said, and sat down on the chair.

"Nicely done," Zoe complimented me. I grinned at her and dialed Zach's number. He answered after two rings.

"Hello? Zach? This is Roxie. I was just calling to tell you that Brandy, in a drunken stupor, has fallen down the stairs of my current residence and collapsed outside. She requires your assistance. She's a bit delusional from all the alcohol and drugs, saying that I beat her. That's obviously a lie. Anyway, I need you to come pick her up," I told him.

"Oh, shit! I'll be right there," he said, then hung up. I knew that his 'right there' would be about forty five minutes because he wasn't old enough to drive, so he'd have to walk here and get her. Everyone started clapping for me.

"It's no biggie," I said, trying to be modest.

"What did she say that set you off?" Abbie asked me. I hesitated, but answered.

"She started talking about Jag fucking her. So I got pissed off and attacked her," I shrugged.

"How bad did you get her?" Veronica asked, intrigued by the though of violence.

"Not much. Probably a split lip, broken nose and some bruises," I said, although I hadn't assessed the damage.

"Oh man, you should've gotten her worse than that," Kori complained.

"I would've, but I couldn't pass much more off for an accident," I explained. Actually, I hadn't really thought about that. I was just thinking about teaching her a lesson.

That's when I heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it," I said, for the second time that day. I ran down the stairs quickly and answered the door. It was Zach.

"Hey, where's Brandy?" He asked, peering into the house.

"I need to tell you something first. In the morning, its best you tell her you don't know how she got that way, or where. See, she's deathly afraid of falling down stairs, which is why she's making up stories, so if you remind her, she'll probably have a panic attack," I whispered to him.

He nodded, "Anything. Anything." I led him into the backyard where Brandy was laying, still bawling. Zach picked her up and started walking off with her.

"You be safe now, and have a great day," I called after him, then went into the house. I climbed the stairs and went into the computer room once again.

"What did you tell him?" Zoe asked.

"I told him that she's got a fear of falling down stairs, so don't bring it up. Just say he doesn't know how or where she got that way," I told them. They applauded again.

"You're like...an evil genius," Abbie complimented.

"Why thank you," I said, not being able to keep the smirk off of my face.

What makes you think she'll believe Zach?" Kori asked.

"Well, she was drunk. And high. So she probably won't remember it anyway," I said. They all nodded, and we sat awkwardly for a few minutes.

"Well, we all know not to bad mouth Jag," Zoe said, then burst out laughing. We all laughed with her. Her laughter was infectious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Slow Motion by Third Eye Blind.
I'm almost out of ideas for this story, so if you want to see something, please let me know.
It would be greatly appreciated.
xoxo.