Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Laugh Until We Cry

______1 Week Later_____

Jag had been let out of the hospital yesterday but was told to rest. Right now he was asleep on the couch, and I was hungry. I was dying for some chocolate. And pizza. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a chocolate bar and ate that in the living room, watching the TV quietly. Jag's phone rang from somewhere in the house and I jumped up to get it. I didn't want him to wake up.

I found the phone on the kitchen counter and answered it quickly.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Roxie! Can you talk?" Zoe asked me.

"Yeah, sure thing. Whatcha need?"

"Just checking up, making sure you're okay. How's Jag?"

"He's good. Taking a nap right now, but his stomach is okay."

"And how are you?"

"Ugh. I'm dying for some pizza."

"I'll bring some over. If that's okay. Me and Adam just bought two pizzas."

"Oh my gosh, come over." I almost drooled.

"Alright, bye.

"Bye bye," I closed the phone and set it down on the counter. The only thing that I could do now was wait. I walked back into the living room to find that Jag was awake.

"Hey there," he smiled at me. I could tell that he was still tired, but I'm not sure how much sleep he possibly needed.

"Hi. Roxie and Adam are bringing pizza over. I hope that's okay," I said.

"That's awesome!" he said. I smirked at him and sat on the floor next to the couch. He grabbed my hand, and I kissed him gently. I could feel him smirk into the kiss. Then he ran his tongue along my bottom lip and I parted my lips slightly. Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"Aw," Jag sighed, and pulled away. I stood up and went to answer the door. Zoe pushed her way past me, and I stood off to the side to let Adam in. Zoe was wearing her neon pink skinny jeans and a black cami. Adam had borrowed a pair of Zoe's skinny jeans, they were black and white checkered. He had on a purple Cobra Starship t-shirt. Zoe pulled off her Converse, and Adam kicked off his Vans.

"You can go ahead and go in the living room. I'll get some plates and such," I said. They walked into the living room, and I went into the kitchen. I grabbed a couple of paper plates and four Coke Zero's. They were my favorite. I headed back into the living room, where I found Zoe messing up Jag's hair.

"What the hell, Zoe?" I demanded, laughing at the same time. She looked up at me guiltily.

"He's all..." she made random movements with her hands, "immobile. So I figured that I would mess up his hair." We both started laughing and Adam and Jag joined in. I set the stuff down on the coffee table and dragged it over to Jag's couch-side. I helped him prop himself up so that he could eat.

"Thanks," he said, kissing me.

"Aw!" Zoe cooed. I pulled away from Jag and smiled at him. I sat down at the opposite end of the table, next to Zoe. Adam was sitting diagonally from Zoe. I practically ripped open the box, the smell was tormenting me. I grabbed two pieces before anyone else.

"Jeez. You're like...a...beast!" Zoe exclaimed. We started laughing at that. Zoe also grabbed two pieces and I glared at her. We started laughing harder.

"Dude, what the hell are you watching?" Adam asked, looking at the TV with disgust.

"It's The Young And The Restless, God," Zoe and I exclaimed at the same time. We looked at each other, then started laughing again.

"I'm sorry, but I'm changing it," Adam said, snatching the controller from the couch.

"NO!" I shrieked, "I'm not going to know what's happening!"

"Too bad, you can watch it on the Internet," Adam said, and changed the channel to Fuse. I guess this wasn't too bad. Actually, it was my favorite TV channel.

"You're so mean!" I fake cried, and buried my face in my hands.

"Look, I'm sorry, if you want I can-"

"HA! Got you!" I exclaimed. Adam just glared at me and shook his head, which sent me and Zoe into another fit of laughter. I bit into my pizza, trying to chew through giggles. The pizza was amazing tasting, and I basked in it for a moment before swallowing and taking another bite.

"So...how pregnant are you now?" Adam asked.

"Seven weeks," Zoe and I answered in the same time. Adam nodded, as if he understood, but really didn't.

"Your mindlink is really weird," Jag said through a mouthful of pizza.

"Don't talk about it like it's not here!" Zoe exclaimed in a hushed tone. I started laughing hysterically, and ended up on the floor with Zoe, doubled over and clutching our stomachs. I started crying, because I was laughing so hard.

It was amazing how we could take a pizza break and make it into something awesome.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Drive There Now! by The Almost
xoxo.