Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Such A Simple Day

We watched TV for a little while before we decided to get a movie. Zoe and I ran upstairs to Jag's movie collection. I tripped Zoe, and she fell down the stairs. Then she grabbed my leg and dragged me down and ran ahead of me.

"I am the master of the wicket!" Zoe exclaimed, quoting Gerard Way.

"Don't quote Gerard!" I screeched, jumping up but tripping.

"Oh shit!" Zoe exclaimed and ran over to catch me. She grabbed one of my arms, which hit her in the face. She dropped me out of surprise, and I accidentally clawed her with my fingernails, running it down her face. She gasped and touched her face.

"I'm so sorry!" I yelled, jumping up to make sure she was okay.

"It's all good," she said, and ran into Jag's room.

"Don't pick something girly!" Adam yelled up to us.

"Okay!" I screeched, making Zoe cover her ears. I laughed.

"What do you wanna watch?" I asked her. I led her towards the shelf with the movies on it. She scanned it, then grabbed Twilight.

"I haven't watched this in forever!" she exclaimed. "I'm gonna go see my face," she said.

"Bathroom's right there," I said. She walked in, and I followed her. She turned on the light and looked at her face. She gasped. I could see the long red line that marred her face.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY FACE?!" she shrieked. We both burst out laughing.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed between laughs.

"It's okay, it'll go away," she laughed. We raced each other down stairs and into the living room. I ran, jumped over Adam, and landed with one leg on the ground. It gave out underneath me, and I fell onto the ground. Hard. Zoe jumped on top of me.

"Ah!" I yelled, "Get off of me!" I pushed her off, and stole the movie from her. I put it in the DVD player and turned it on. As soon as the DVD menu came on, both of the guys groaned.

"Not Twilight!" Adam whined.

"Hey, it was in Jag's movie collection. Talk to him about it," Zoe said. I broke out laughing. Jag's face turned bright red.

"Ethan. Is this true?" Adam said, turning to Jag. Jag closed his eyes and nodded. "I thought you were better than that!" Adam yelled.

"My mom bought it for me!" Jag yelled in his defense. We laughed at him some more, and I played the movie. Zoe and I were still hyper, so we acted out some of the scenes.

"I know what you are," I murmured along with Bella. Zoe was standing behind me. She was usually Edward because she was taller.

"Say it," she said, then started laughing. I laughed with her. The guys thought it was amusing that we had the movie memorized. After that we sat quietly and watched the movie.

When it finished, Zoe yelled and jumped on Adam. That's when we heard the door open. Jag's eyes widened.

"Ethan, honey?" I heard a female voice ask. Zoe climbed off of Adam and sat next to him.

"Yeah, mom?" Jag asked. He looked calm, but I knew he was on edge. His mom had come home and surprised him.

"I'm home for a day or two, your dad is staying in Japan," she said, walking into the living room. "Oh, you have people over."

"That's okay, we were just leaving. Bye Jag," Zoe said, pulling me up with her. We pulled on our shoes.

"Can I have a hug?" His mom asked him. I mentally cursed.

"I, uh...can't," He told her.

"Why? Too old to give your old mother a hug?" She asked.

"I'm not supposed to move much. See, there was this accident, and I happened to get...shot," Jag explained to his mother. I heard her gasp. Zoe pulled us out of the house and led us to Adam's car. Zoe and I climbed in the back.

"Where to?" Adam asked.

"Let's go to the park!" Zoe exclaimed. Adam mumbled something, but I couldn't hear it. The car ride was short, and when we got there Zoe pulled us along to whatever she wanted to do. Her and Adam climbed onto the teeter-totter, but Adam was a lot heavier than her, so she got suspended in midair.

"Get me down!" She exclaimed.

"Whatever you say," Adam said, climbing off of his side. I gasp-laughed as Zoe's side came crashing down.

"You bitch!" she exclaimed, and rolled off of the seat and onto the ground. "My ass will never be the same."

"Suck it up, bitch," I told her and kicked some sand in her direction.

"We could totally re-create Famous Last Words here!" Zoe exclaimed, standing up and kicking some sand at me.

"We could!" I kicked sand at Adam, and pretty soon Zoe joined in. Adam was screaming and shielding his face from the sand. Suddenly, Zoe stopped.

"To the swings!" she yelled. We ran to the swings, and I jumped on the tire swing. Zoe did, too.

"Push us, Adam!" Zoe demanded. Adam sighed, but did as Zoe asked him to.

"It's weird how he does everything for you," I giggled. Zoe shrugged.

"I think it's cool," she said. I started laughing at her, but there really wasn't a reason to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Classified by Breathe Carolina.
Wow, 150 readers and 25 subscribers!
I LOVE YOU ALL!
xoxo.