Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Teenagers Scare The Living Shit Outta Me

_____1 Week Later_____

I'd spent the week at Zoe's, coming with only the clothes on my back. We'd had a blast. We'd forced Adam to stay and listen to us practice our screams, had a squirt gun fight, and got lost in the woods. We'd stayed out an entire night because we couldn't find our way back.

But today I was going home to Jag because his mom had left the night before. Apparently his gunshot wound was doing better, but not completely. But he could get up and walk around now. Zoe and I were sitting on her front lawn in lawn chairs, eating Popsicles and listening to music. Suddenly, I'm Not Okay by My Chemical Romance came on, and we both looked at each other. Then we started singing along to the song.

"Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say," Zoe sang, looking straight at me.

"I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way," I sang, using my Popsicle as a microphone.

"For all the dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took," she sang.

"REMEMBER WHEN YOU BROKE YOUR FOOT FROM JUMPING OUT THE SECOND FLOOR? I'M NOT OKAY!" We screeched, jumping off of our lawn chairs and singing into our Popsicles.

"Um, what are you guys doing?" Someone asked. We both stopped and looked at the person. It was Jag, standing there and smirking at us. Zoe walked over to him, as she finished her Popsicle. She put her hands on his shoulders and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Trust me," she whispered along with the music, leaning closer to him. Then she screamed, "I'M NOT OKAY!"

Jag jumped back in surprise, his face turning bright red. Zoe and I burst out into laughter, eventually having to sit back on our lawn chairs. Jag sat on the ground, still gasping for breath.

"Oh man, that was awesome," I said, wiping the tears away that had formed in my eyes.

"We should do this more often," Zoe said, sprawling out on the lawn chair. Teenagers by My Chemical Romance started playing.

"Remember that one time we sang this at school when the lights went out?" I asked Zoe. She started laughing.

"Oh yeah! And The Source?" She said, and we both started laughing harder.

"What's The Source?" Jag asked after we'd calmed down.

"It was this smelly eraser that Zoe had and we thought that if we smelled it, we would get high. We kinda did," I explained. Jag looked at us like we were crazy, which we kind of were.

"Do you need to be anywhere soon?" Roxie asked Jag.

"No. Why?" he asked cautiously.

"You could spend the day with me!" Zoe yelled. Jag looked at me, and I bounced in my chair to show him that I was excited.

He sighed, "Fine."

"YAY!" Zoe shrieked, then gave us both hugs.

"What should we do first?" Zoe asked. We sat and thought about it for a minute, then Zoe jumped up. She opened her mouth like she was about to say something, but closed it and sat back down. Then she jumped back up.

"MAKEOVERS!" She yelled, "Stay right here!" She exclaimed. She jumped up and ran into the house. After five minutes, I was just about to get up to find her, but she came bustling out.

"What took you so long?" I asked, eying her empty arms suspiciously.

"I had to set up the makeup station, now come on," she said, grabbing the stereo and bringing it inside with us. She ushered us into her bedroom where there was a whole table full of make up and hair products.

"Jesus Christ, when did you get so much shit?!" I asked her incredulously. My eyes were huge.

"Sit down," Zoe directed me, pointing at a chair. First, she put on some music, letting Jag choose what we could listen to. She started with my hair, brushing it out and then straightening it. She poofed it a little bit, then set the stuff down. She picked up some kind of foundation and put that on me. Jag snickered, and I flipped him off. Zoe worked quickly, and then she was tapping on my shoulder.

"You can open your eyes, I'm all done," Zoe said. I opened my eyes, and she shoved a mirror in my face. I had to admit, it looked good.

"That's awesome! You should be a makeup artist!" I exclaimed. Zoe blushed, then motioned to Jag.

"Your turn," Zoe smirked.

"Oh no! No, no, no! I am not getting a makeover!" Jag exclaimed.

"Oh well. I guess I'll just have to tell everyone about that one time..." Zoe trailed off. I knew that she didn't have any idea what she was talking about, but Jag didn't know any better.

"Fine," he said, then sat down on the chair. Zoe smirked at me, and we got to work. We put blush on him, the mass amounts of black eyeliner, not on his eyes but all over his face. We gave him lipstick, but he opened his eyes.

"Oh, what the hell?!" He demanded. Zoe snapped a picture of him before he had time to process what had happened. Zoe got a few more, the shoved the camera down her pants.

"Alright, Jag. We've got what you want. Now, if you don't let us give you a proper makeover, then we're going to post these pictures on the Internet. Plus you have to wear your makeup around," Zoe said.

"Fine, just don't put them anywhere," Jag said. Zoe started wiping off the makeup, and I helped. We couldn't get some of the eyeliner off, but that was okay.

Zoe held up two pictures, one of Gerard Way and the other of Frank Iero. I chose the Frankie look, and we began. First, we painted his hole face white with some face paint that Zoe had left over from Halloween. We had to pin back his hair because it was all over his face. After we did that, we drew two X's across his eyes, completing the look. We stood back to admire our work. I unpinned his hair while Zoe pulled the camera out of her pants. As soon as I was out of the way, she snapped a few pictures of Jag. He opened his eyes, and she got a few more, then stuck the camera back into her pants.

"Give me the camera!" Jag whined, diving at Zoe.

"You really want it? It's in my pants," Zoe giggled.

"I don't care! Give it!" He exclaimed, holding out his hand.

"You have to get it," Zoe said. I burst out laughing, causing Zoe's straight face to give way.

"I'm going to start the car, we should go," Jag said. I could tell that he was frustrated with Zoe, but relieved that she wasn't going to post them on the Internet. But Zoe's evil smirk said otherwise.

"Are you still going to put them on the Internet?" I asked.

"Yup," she nodded, and we started laughing again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Teenagers by My Chemical Romance.
I know I'm skipping around a lot, but it'll all make sense in the end.
xoxo.