Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

That Girl's A Trick

Veronica eventually called, asking to come over. I hadn't talked to her much lately, so I let her come. I didn't tell anyone that she was coming, so that it would be a surprise. She knew Donny was here, so maybe we could play a nice game of truth-or-dare and get them to kiss.

I walked back into the bedroom and plopped onto the bed. The guys were having a conversation about some TV show that I'd never heard about. The door rang about fifteen minutes into the conversation.

"This place is gonna be packed with people," Jag sighed, but got up and went to answer the door.

"Who is it?" Bryce asked me.

"Oh, you'll see," I said. I heard two sets of footsteps trudging up the stairs, and then Jag appeared with Veronica behind him. Jag layed on the bed, making sure that the only available seat was in Donny's crossed legs. She wouldn't sit down, she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at everyone.

"Real fucking funny," she hissed. I started laughing when she said this, and so did Jag. Donny looked a little bit scared, and Bryce looked like he didn't know what to do. She walked over and slapped me, then climbed onto Donny's lap. I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped to the floor.

"How about truth or dare?" I exclaimed. Everyone agreed.

"I CALL FIRST!" Bryce yelled, sitting up. He turned to Jag, "Jag, truth or dare?"

"Truth," he replied.

"Do you know what a hooker tastes like?" Bryce asked him.

"Yeah, I've licked your cheek before, haven't I?" Jag retorted. I started laughing and Bryce's mouth fell open.

Before Bryce could say anything, Jag turned to me, "Roxie, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to lick Hooker Bryce," Jag said.

"Alright Bryce, unzip your pants, let's get this going," I said.

"WHAT?!" Bryce and Jag yelled at the same time.

"I was kidding, calm down," I said, then leaned over and licked Bryce's cheek.

"Ew, you do taste like a hooker! I'm just kidding," I said. Then I turned so that I was facing Veronica and Donny.

"Veronica-"

"No."

"Okay...Donny. Truth or dare?" I asked him.

"Dare, I guess," he shrugged. Wrong answer, fool.

"Donny, I dare you to make out with Veronica," I said, smirking. I definitely did NOT expect the reaction that I got.

Veronica grabbed Donny's face roughly and started making out with him. Donny's eyes were wide open with surprise, but then he loosened up and kissed back. My mouth wasn't the only one that was wide open in shock.

"Ew, stop it!" Bryce shrieked, smacking Donny. Donny pulled away, and Veronica crudely wiped her mouth.

"Oh my Jesus," I mumbled, my mouth barely able to form proper words. Jag was staring in disbelief, and Bryce looked scared.

"I think I'm going to go throw up now," Bryce said, his voice filled with torment. I started laughing at his genuine horror.

__________

After a lot of gagging noises and fake puking, we were finally serious enough to start talking like normal human beings again.

"So, Roxie. When's your baby due?" she asked me.

"Psh, I don't know. I just know I'm like, 8 weeks," I said. She nodded, but I don't think she knew what I was talking about.

"Are you keeping it? I mean, raising it?" Donny asked.

"I dunno yet. It depends, I guess. It's too early to plan on that stuff, though," I answered.

"Who's up for dancing?" Bryce asked randomly. We all agreed. Well, except for Veronica. She sat and glared at us from the bed. We thrashed around to random songs on Bryce's iPod when suddenly, a Hannah Montana song started playing.

"Bryce! What the fuck!?" Jag yelled. Veronica whipped one of the pillows from the bed at the iPod. The pillow hit its mark, knocking Bryce's iPod from my iHome.

"It was for Kori, I swear! I SWEAR!" He yelled as Jag and Donny jumped on him. Jag gently slapped him, and then Donny started tickling him.

"No, Donny! No, STOP IT!" he screamed as he laughed. "Noooo!"

I went and sat on the bed with Veronica to observe their tickle battle.

"Kori would be so proud," I said sarcastically. Veronica cracked a smile, and we watched the battle continue.

Finally, Jag and Donny retreated, leaving Bryce limp on the floor. He was sprawled out in the shape of a star and there were tears running down his cheeks from laughing so hard.

"You guys...are...dicks," he gasped, slowly and carefully sitting up.

"Shit. I've got to get home. Who needs a ride?" Donny asked. Veronica and Bryce stood up to leave, and we said our goodbyes.

"That was fun, huh?" Jag murmured, laying next to me on the bed after they had left.

"Oh, yeah!" I exclaimed. He leaned down and kissed me gently, but pulled away.

"I never expected Veronica to kiss Donny," Jag said, laughing at the memory.

"I can't wait to tell Zoe," I giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to This Girl's a Trick by This Providence.
Thanks for reading!
xoxo.