Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Looking For A Lifeline

"I brought you some medicine and some water. You look like you need it," Jag blushed, handing me the pill and the water. The pill proudly declared that it was Tylenol, so I popped it into my dry mouth. I washed it down with water, and it felt amazing. It was cold, and it instantly cooled me off.

"Thank you very much," I said to Jag, relaxing into the chair. Jag took the towel and started wiping the sweat off of my forehead. It was extremely embarrassing. Donny stood up, grabbing his box.

"Well, I'm leaving. Roxie, I'll tell you when to change your bandages. Until then, don't fuck with them. Anyway, if they feel infected, go to a real doctor, don't call me back here. I don't want to deal with that. Try not to lose any more blood, so that means no cutting for a while. I'll see you tomorrow. Oh, and I'll leave these here. Later," Donny said, setting a pack of cigarettes on the table, and walking out the front door.

"Bye," Jag and I called. Jag wiped the still-almost-fresh tears away from under my eyes. I assumed that there was eyeliner, too, because it probably ran. I sighed contentedly and relaxed into the music.

"I really don't think it's good for you to smoke," Jag murmured.

"Me either," I said, "which is why I'm quitting."

"Really?" Jag asked, his voice sounding stunned.

"Really. You've kind of...made me realize I shouldn't do some things. So, that also means drugs and alcohol," I assured him. He sat back in a chair across from me.

"Wow...I guess your medical logs are gonna be pretty empty," Jag smiled. I giggled and nodded.

"Um, do you think you could help me get dressed?" I asked awkwardly, wiggling my now immobile left arm.

"Yeah, sure," he agreed, also awkwardly. He picked up my skinny jeans, and helped me put them on. We were both giggling and blushing like maniacs.

"You realize this is backwards, right?" I asked, giggling into my hand as he picked up my t-shirt.

"Yeah, I do," he replied, smiling at me. He helped my left arm in, then my head, and finally my right arm. He pulled my t-shirt down, and looked up at me. We both stopped giggling, and the only thing to be heard was the music. We both started breathing a little heavier, and he put his finger under my chin and pulled me closer.

Oh. My. God.

He was going to kiss me.

And he did. Our lips met, and before I knew it, he was kissing me. Through the ringing in my ears, I could hear Lifeline by Papa Roach playing in the background.

I've been looking for a lifeline
For what seems like a lifetime
I'm drowning in the pain, breaking down again
Looking for a lifeline


He pulled away, and looked down. I think I had found my lifeline.

"I-I'm sorry," he whispered.

"I'm not," I said. He looked up at me and smiled. We stood there for a minute before either of us said anything.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Jag asked.

"Well that depends on the movie," I replied.

"Well, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I have a whole ton of awesome movies in my room," he smiled.

"Alright. Let's go," I said, and he pulled me up to his room. He hadn't lied. A whole shelf in his bookshelf was for his favorite movies. They ranged from Twilight to The Crow.

"Ah, this is so hard. They're all so amazing!" I complained, scanning the shelf.

"Well, pick one that you haven't seen," Jag said, also looking. I grabbed The Nightmare Before Christmas.

"I wanna watch this one."

"You've never seen The Nightmare Before Christmas?"

"No."

"You must have been a very deprived child."

"Tell me about it."

"Where do you wanna watch it at, in the living room, or in here?" Jag asked motioning at his bed.

"Here will be fine." I answered. Jag smiled at me and put the movie in the DVD player and turned on the TV. I stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, not knowing where I should sit. Jag turned and pulled me on his bed. It was a very...different.

Jag sat on the bed, and I layed with my head in his lap. He absentmindedly stroked my hair while the movie played, sometimes singing along with it.

It was the best time I'd had in years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Lifeline by Papa Roach.
Amazing song.
Comments?
xoxo.