Sequel: Jagged Edge

Painful Lullaby

Four O'Clock In The ***ing Morning

I knew I had fallen asleep, because I woke up in the lap of very possibly the hottest guy in the entire universe. My dreams never let me see things that fantastic.

"I see you're awake," Jag whispered, still stroking my hair.

"Yep," I said, sitting up. I tried to stretch, but the badages wrapped around my left shoulder made that impossible.

"Do you want some breakfast?" he asked me.

"Can you cook?" I asked, doubtful.

"You'll have to find out," he replied, pulling me off the bed. It felt nice to hold his hand, and not out of pain. It felt...natural.

"What do you want to eat?" Jag asked.

"Can you make...a scrabled egg?" I asked.

"Why not?" he answered, setting my on the dining room chair. I watched him enter the kitchen, which was connected to the dining room. He opened the refrigerator and got out an egg and some butter. He pulled a pan out of a cupboard and got to work.

"What time is it? Oh, and can you make me some coffee? Please?" I asked, feeling helpless just sitting in the chair.

"It's 4:03, and yes, I can make you some coffee," Jag smiled, pulling a mug out of another cupboard. I played with the sleeve of my sweatshirt while Jag cooked. The smell of eggs filled the room, and I realized how hungry I was. I hadn't eaten in almost 3 days. My stomach rumbled. Very embarassingly, I might add. Jag smirked at me.

"Huh. I guess I can cook," Jag said, admiring the eggs as he dumped them out of the pan and onto the plate. He put some salt and pepper on them and brought them over to me. I dug in quickly. They were very possibly the most delicious eggs I'd ever eaten.

Jag put the coffee in the microwave, and waited for it to get heated up. I slowed down, I didn't want to choke on the eggs. That would be really embarassing. Jag brought me a coffee cup and sat in the chair next to me. He had some coffee, too, and sipped it while watching me eat. It made me self-concious. I've never liked people watching me eat. Jag smiled at me, and I sipped some coffee.

I finished my egg in silence, seeing as how my mouth was so full that conversation would be impossible.

"Aren't you gonna eat something?" I asked.

"Not many people eat at four in the morning," he replied.

"I do," I smiled, and gulped down my coffee. Jag had already finished his, and was taking his empty mug and my plate over to the sink. When I finished my coffee, I brought it over and placed it in the sink as well.

"Well, it's too early for anything good to be on TV, so do you want to...like...dance, or something?" Jag asked, almost too quietly for me to hear.

"That sounds great, but be warned, I'm no dancer," I laughed. Jag smiled as he pulled me up to his room. I sat on his bed as he searched his bookshelf for something to dance to. His bookshelf was filled with movies an CD's, and his books were piled on his dresser. I found that kinda weird, and I laughed to myself.

Jag apparently found something, because he popped it his large stereo, and the sounds of Find A Way by The Used flooded through the room. It kind of confused me, because no The Used CD started out with Find A Way.

"Mix tape," Jag explained, seeing the confusion on my face. I nodded, and stood up. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I tried to wrap mine around his neck, but my left arm couldn't make it up that high, so I wrapped my arms around his waist, too.We swayed back and forth, staring into each other's eyes. He was so beautiful.

He hates you. He's just doing this out of pity. Nobody likes you. Even your friends hate your guts.

"Roxie, are you okay?" Jag asked, once again saving me from my bitchy mental mother.

"Yeah, I"m fine," I mumbled, leaning closer to him. He smelled so wonderful. I couldn't place it, but I loved it. Jag leaned in to me, and placed his lips on mine just as Famous Last Words by My Chemical Romance began. I pulled myself closer to him, not getting enough of his lips.

Suddenly, his tongue ran across my bottom lip. It suprised me enough that I gasped, allowing him entrance. His tongue explored my mouth, and I felt so weak. I didn't even know we were moving until I felt the bed buckle my knees. His kiss deepened, and I started kissing him back.

Eventually, he pulled away, and we were both gasping for air. His love was so demanding, that for a while, I couldn't speak. I closed my eyes. My head was spinning.

When I opened them, I could see Jag lying next to me, smiling.

"I really think I like you a lot," I said.

They were words I thought I'd never speak.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to The Taste of Ink by The Used.
If you're smart cookies, you could see some references to My Chem hiding somewhere in there.
This chapter is dedicated to xSpunkyx.
Just cuz she's been patiently waiting for this. (not)
And she told me how to kiss.
Kinda.
Comments?
xoxo.