On the Formation and Habits of Vampires, and other creatures

Told from the First-person point of view, the protagonist becomes a vampire and must then learn about himself, and the creatures that he will have to fight. The story deals with the generally unexplained scientific side of Vampires and the like, explaining things such as transmission of the virus, reasons for changed traits, as well as introducing some new and untraditional aspects. (On this note, I realize that many may be displeased with my portrayal of vampires as unaffected by sunlight. Rest assured, this does not sit well with me, and I may very well change it later.)

Feedback is greatly appreciated, this is my first work of any sort in this genre, or even one remotely close, so please let me know how I'm doing.
  1. Chapter One: Strange Changes
    The introductory segment, in which the main character is turned.
  2. Chapter Two: The Darkness Within
    The second segment, in which the protagonist begins to learn of his new circumstances.
  3. Chapter Three: Shadow
    The third segment, in which the protagonist learns about one of his newly acquired abilities, matter manipulation.
  4. Chapter Four: Creatures
    The quaternary segment, in which the reader and our protagonist are made aware of the science behind vampires and other creatures, to an extent.
  5. Chapter Five: Through the Looking Glass
    The fifth segment, in which the protagonist falls down the metaphorical rabbit hole, becoming truly entangled in his circumstances.
  6. Chapter Six: Doctor Who?
    The sixth segment, in which the protagonist becomes aqcainted with a Doctor and researcher, and is informed of his upcoming death.
  7. Chapter Six and a Half: My Response
    Partway between the sixth and seventh segments, where the protagonist utters a single word.
  8. Chapter Seven: I Hate Writing Tests
    The seventh segment, in which the protagonist sleeps, is tested, and learns.
  9. Chapter Eight: Important Things
    In which the protagonist becomes further aware of the nature of the viruses, and the doctor...
  10. Chapter Eight and a Half: My Response - Take Two
    Once more, One word.
  11. Chapter Nine: Consequences
    In which a nervous breakdown, several demands, and a refusal are made.
  12. Chapter Ten: Afterglow
    In which an important fact is discovered about multiple viruses.
  13. Chapter Eleven: Meet the Family
    In which another abnormal being is met, a fable is told, and ten thousand years seem to fly past.
  14. Chapter Twelve: The Fifth coming...
    The fifth creature takes root in this chapter, and daemeon is further explored (sort of).