On the Formation and Habits of Vampires, and other creatures

Chapter Twelve: The Fifth coming...

Over the next few days, (or maybe weeks, I can't remember) I talked with Daemeon whenever I could. He told me all about his life, but that is a story for another time. I also talked with the Doc as often as possible. She told me a lot about the viruses, their interactions, and different theories she had about them. I tried to find my friend, but she seemed to have disappeared. Eventually, I decided I should find out what had happened.
"Hey, Doc!" I shouted, as she was hovering near the ceiling, doing something to some piece of equipment. "Do you know where she is?"
The Doc descended down to my level, setting down on the floor and tucking her wings slightly behind her. "Who?"
I raised an eyebrow at her, and said "Who do you think?"
She opened her mouth as if to answer, then stopped. After a brief pause and a look of consternation, she said, "Oh. Sarcasm." I laughed below my breath, thinking - "This gal is a nutcase!". What I said was "Yes, sarcasm."
She exhaled slightly, which I think was her idea of a laugh in her current mood, then replied with "No."
I was about to question further, but decided against it, and went off on my own way. I walked around for a while, then went back to my room and decided to take a nap.

I woke up later (still no clocks), and looked around. Things looked different. Not really different, just a little...grayer, a little less colourful. It's difficult to explain, but I got a definite feeling that something had changed. Again. Hooray.
I was still a little groggy, and it took me a while to get up, as if I had been anaesthetized or something like that. I gradually became aware of an alarm, and someone swearing.
I got up, and went to the door. When I went through into the other room, it was immediately apparent that something was wrong. All of the screens were flashing red symbols and messages, and the Doc was swearing like a sailor. A drunken, especially foul-mouthed sailor. I'm going to replace her words with other ones, and let you use your imagination.
"PUPPY! SAUSAGE! Son of a TREE! What the TURKEY!? MUFFIN, COFFEE, SANDWICH, HAM, PENCIL!
"Eh, what's up doc?" I said, trying to imitate Bugs Bunny. Apparently she didn't get it. She did, however, turn to me and continue screaming. That was nice.
"I'll tell you what the BREAD is BRIDGING wrong! The HAIRNET zombie virus has just broken out over the entire SPEAKER city! THAT'S WHAT'S JUMPING WRONG, YOU COOKING DUMB PROGRAM!"
I cringed from all the swearing. Don't get me wrong, I've said my fair share of 'Oh shit, what the hell,' and I'm normally pretty tolerant, but you have never heard anything like this, I promise you. She was combining swears in ways they were never meant to be combined.
"STICKCOINBAGSUITCASEBOTTLEDESKFLASHLIGHTCLOCKSUCKINGHORSESTEERINGMOTHERDEALINGLEAFHUNTERS!" She screamed, letting out a continuous string of swears which would have killed a nun, had there been one close by.
"Doc, hey. Hey! HEY!" I shouted, trying to get her to stop screaming and swearing. Finally I shouted as loud as I could, "SHUT THE HELL UP!!", and slapped her. Hard.
She put a hand up to her face, and when she looked at it, there was blood on it. I looked down at her red hand, and then up at her now red eyes. "Oh, shit, I'm sorry," I said, backing away and looking apologetic.
It didn't work.
She stabbed her nails (though they really were talons) into my chest, and lifted me up. After holding me there for a few seconds, she drew back her other hand, and punched me across the room.
I hit the opposite wall upside down, seeming to freeze there for a moment before sliding down onto my head. As I crumpled into a heap on the floor, the door slid open and Daemeon walked in. He didn't even look around, and without missing a beat, said "Ah, things are going quite well, I see," clasping his hands together behind his back as he walked.
"Shut up," came the muffled words from the lump on the floor which was me.
He carried on with only a slight nod. "Ah good doctor! Things are not well, correct?" She snapped back at him, "YES THAT'S SKIPPING CORRECT!"
"Oh, such language! I'm hurt," he said, and he certainly looked so. When she saw his face, she seemed to calm down. "Sorry," she said, brushing some hair away from her face. "It's just that things are going really wrong right now."
I had recovered from my flight, and joined them in front of a console. There were red dots everywhere, moving around, superimposed on a map of the city.
"Those are...?" I began, but trailed off.

The doc picked up my train of thought, however, and finished it off. "Zombies."

After a short while, I said, "She's still out there, and I'm going after her."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, zombies. What fantasy creature tale would be complete without them? Well, certainly not this one.

At the beginning of this chapter, he says `That is a story for another time`` referring to Daemeon`s life story. I plan on writing that as another story, so keep a look out for that if you like the character.

If some of the doctor's sentences seem odd, that's because those words are swears. I mainly did this to try to make you laugh. Did it work?