Status: Hiatus

Is It Too Late to Say I Hate Change?

11:00

Dani's POV

Jimmy and I continued to play cards most the night. We talked little about present times, and much about the past. We talked about about the times we would sneak out late at night and run down to the park. We practically lived at that park. We talked about how when Jimmy got his new pocket knife, he carved "JS+DE=BFF", into the big oak tree by the small duck pond. We both openly wondered if it was still there, or if over the years it was chipped at, and it wore away. Talking to Jimmy used to be so easy, but now it felt that it had gotten hard. I didn't want to bring up our fall out, and I didn't want to bring up our friends. I wasn't sure, how that conversation would go. Would he remember that he was supposed to hate me? Would he get mad and leave? Would he tell me he missed talking to me too? I wasn't sure, so I didn't bring it up.

My mom came up to the room a little while later. She had in her hands two plated, both of which held a few slices of pizza she made in the oven. She set them down in front of Jimmy and I telling us to eat, and that the Sullivan's may spend the night if the power didn't come on by 11:00. We ate our pizza in peace before resuming the card game.

When 11:00 finally came, the power still hadn't come back on; our generator was running low on fuel, and my dad told me to find a place for Jimmy to sleep, before he turned it off for the night. I led Jimmy to my room and offered him a spot on the floor. He looked at me, then at the floor, and then back at me.

"Are you serious?"

"The only other place, that I know to sleep is my bed."

"I'll take it," he smirked.

"Hell No. I am not sleeping on the floor."

"Me neither."

"Well then I guess it sucks to be you, and you don't get to sleep," I said sitting on my bed and crossing my legs.

"Your seriously going to make me sleep on your hard wood floor?"

"I guess I am," I yawned.

"Move over," Jimmy instructed walking over to my bed.

"Don't tell me what to do James Sullivan," I said sticking my tongue out at him.

"Wow you haven't changed much have you?"

"Nope, I'm still the same me."

"Well then you shouldn't mind if we share your bed."

"Psh, why would I share with you?"

"Because If you are still the same you, you won't care," he reasoned, sitting on the side of my bed.

"Fine...but if you tell anyone I was nice to you I'll personally go over to your house and ruin your drum set."

"Why would I tell anyone? That would mean that I was nice to you."

"I don't know how your evil mind works," I defended.

"Its not to complicated up here," he said patting his head.

"Oh, I'm sure of that," I smiled.

"Did you just call me dumb?" he said looking at me shocked.

"Maybe," I giggled. I reached over and turned the lamp, on my bedside table, off and crawled under the blankets.

"I'm offended..." Jimmy said still sitting up.

"I don't really care. Good Night Jimmy," I said closing my eyes.

"Night Dani," he said.

I felt the bed shift and Jimmy lay down. we had school tomorrow, and Maggie was picking me up, in the morning. How would she react if she saw Jimmy leave my house. Maggie is not a dumb girl, and she would insist I tell her whats going on. As much as I love the red head, I am not ready to admit to her, that I used to call Jimmy my best friend. I would have to make something up.

I started making excuse inside my head, running over every excuse thoroughly, finding any flaws that Maggie could possibly find. When my excuse was found to me flawed I would start over and think of another. Before long I fell asleep, dreaming up what I was going to tell Maggie.