Charisma

Eleven.

"We're going to Gilman for your surprise?" I asked as Billie turned onto Gilman street.

"No, Tre is here for a Crimpshrine show and he wants to buy some joints." He parked a little ways down the road from Gilman's and I suddenly felt very overdressed.

"Oh, do you want me to come with you?" I watched as Billie watched a homeless man cross the street.

"Please. I don't want you getting stolen." I laughed and shook my head as I turned in my seat and grabbed my leather jacket from the backseat.

"I wouldn't get stolen, Billie." Billie just rolled his eyes and reached underneath his seat and pulled out a bag of joints.

"Gilman is an old warehouse, Charisma. There are some crazy homeless people around here." With that said, Billie opened his door and climbed out of the car. I opened my door and he joined my side a few seconds later. I put on my jacket and Billie took my hand as we begun to walk.

"And what, you think the streets of London were safe?" Billie laughed and gave my hand a light squeeze.

"Touche."

As we walked closer to Gilman I spotted Tre leaning up against the wall smoking a joint with a girl, who in my opinion, made them look like the most adorable couple.

"Billie, hey! Oh, Charisma, you look beautiful!" He smiled cheerfully as we stopped in front of them.

"Thanks Tre," I looked at the girl next to him and smiled. "Hi, I'm Charisma."

She seemed blazed out of her mind but she looked at me kindly.

"Sarah." She turned her attention back to Tre, stealing the already lit joint from him.

Billie turned to me then, smiling excitedly and grabbing a hold of my hand once again.

"Ready to go, babe?"

"Yeah," I turned back to Tre and Sarah and smiled. "Bye you two, be good." Tre winked as we started to walk back toward Billie's car.

* * *

We had merged onto the Eastshore highway and Billie was talking about the beautiful scenery we'd be witnessing soon.

"Are we going to be crossing any bridges?" I asked nervously. I was scared of heights, especially ones that went over water. Billie sensed my hesitation and laughed at the pleading look I was currently sporting.

"Yes, two actually."

"Oh, oh, my God. This is how I'm going to die." Billie took his right hand off the steering wheel and placed it on my thigh and patted reassuringly.

"Don't fret, babe. It's all worth it in the end, you'll see." He took his hand off my leg and I looked out my window to see only buildings and houses after buildings and houses.

"Billie, where are we going?"

"Charisma, honestly, I think you need to learn the meaning of the word surprise." I tore my eyes from my window and planned on glaring at Billie but was distracted by the gorgeous water that was appearing on his side.

"Wow. Is there going to be more of this?" I pointed toward his window and he smirked.

"The San Fransisco Bay? Plenty more. There's a toll coming up, can you go into the glove compartment and grab six quarters?" I was reluctant to look away but did so as I saw the toll booth approaching faster with every second that went by.

After we paid the toll booth fee and Billie warned me, though he didn't need to, that we were about to be crossing the bay, I figured we weren't going to be staying in Berkeley anymore.

I slouched down further into my seat and rolled down my window as we crossed the Richmond San Rafael bridge. I stuck my hand out a bit and was mesmerized by how the sun was sinking into the horizon and reflected onto the ocean. The sky was a orange and pink and I wished I had my camera at the precise moment.

Billie turned on the radio and the car was suddenly filled with The Ramone's 'Pet Sematary' and it completed the moment.

"Could this be any more perfect?" I asked Billie, who was singing along with the song. I smiled to myself at the sight and answered my own question.

The drive to our destination hadn't been very long, not as long as I thought it would be. I managed to stay alive while crossing the Golden Gate bridge, but not without reassurance from Billie.

I felt excitement burst within my stomach as I watched Billie pull into a parking lot in front of the beach. He switched off the ignition and opened his door, turning to me before getting out.

"Ready for the best part?" I nodded and he laughed at my enthusiasm. I took off my shoes before getting out of the car.

Billie walked around to the trunk of his car and I watched as he opened it up and pulled out a guitar case.

"What's the guitar for?" He slammed down the trunk and joined me by my door.

"Just in case," He handed me the guitar and bent down to take off his shoes. "This is Baker beach, by the way. It has a really beautiful spot and that's where I am taking you."

He stood up with his shoes in his hands and he threw them in the car through my open window. He took the guitar out of my hand and replaced it with his own. I had to let him lead the way since I didn't know where in the hell to go.

We ended up walking along the shoreline for about a mile before one lone sand dune came into view. There was a light breeze which caused my hair to blow back and I noticed it didn't have any effect on Billie's hair.

We walked in silence until we stopped in front of the sand dune and Billie placed the guitar onto the sand.

"Look into the sky." Billie whispered into my ear and he stood behind me and wrapped his arms around to my stomach.

I looked up and could see the sunset a lot more clearly than I could in the car. I silently took in my surroundings: the sunset, the silent water, the light breeze, Billie's arms around me, the beautiful spot. I turned into Billie's grasp to face him and slowly looked up as the wind blew my hair to the side.

"I think I might be in heaven." I smiled as I looked into Billie's soft eyes and he smiled right back at me.

"I think so." His voice was soft and sincere; different than how I was used to hearing him speak. He leaned down slowly as he tucked my blowing hair behind my ear and placed his lips lightly onto mine.

* * *

Billie was smart and had put a rolled up blanket into the guitar case as well and had laid it down for us to sit on.

"You know, I hate ties." He laughed as he gave it one last tug and watched it fall into his lap.

"Billie, I'm having such a great time tonight." He smiled and took off his jacket and pulled the guitar out of the case.

"I am as well. I'll never forget this day. It's one of those that come only once in a while and leave these permanent memories, you know? Not to mention, I met one of my idols today!" I smiled and Billie started strumming his guitar. I recognized the tune and started singing without even thinking about it.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today


I closed my eyes and felt the wind blow my hair around as I sung.

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace


I opened my eyes when I heard Billie join in. We held perfect harmony and I smiled as we went into the chorus.

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one


I closed my eyes once again; letting my voice get lost with the guitar.

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one


I opened my eyes when I heard Billie stop strumming; he was staring right at me.

"Hi." I smiled, wiping my flowing hair out of my face.

"You're incredible." He placed the guitar back into the case and extending his arms for me. I crawled into his lap and wrapped my legs on either side of his waist.

"You've got quite the voice, too, you know." I kissed him quickly and he chuckled.

"You're kidding, right?" He tucked my hair behind my ear and his stare was causing my cheeks to turn hot.

"No! BJ, you have a beautiful voice and one day you're going to whoo people with it," I played with the back of his hair as I laid my arms on his shoulders. "And you're going to be this sexy musician that cause girls who scream for you and stand outside your tour bus after a gig and beg you to come out."

He burst into laughter after my story and he stared at me in amusement.

"What about you, sexy, unattainable British-accented singer with the voice of a fucking goddess." I smiled his favorite smile and pulled at the hair I was playing with as I kissed him.

"Why am I unattainable?" I asked, kissing him quickly again. I brought my hands to his face and he smiled.

"Because you're with me." He teased, smirking proudly.

"I can live with that."

And I kissed him like it was the last time I'd ever be able to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this couple. Hahaha.

Comments? Feedback?

Thanks for reading!