Charisma

Thirteen.

As I stared out into the sky as Billie pumped gas into his car, I realized I had only known Billie Joe for a week. I wondered if I'd come off completely irrational to someone if they asked me how I felt for him. Seven days was not a long time, but the chemistry between us was strong and I knew how I felt. I knew that I would fall deeply in love with him and soon if things kept up the way they were.

"Hey, do you want anything? I'm going in to pay." He leaned into the window and smiled at the fact that he'd caught me off guard.

"I kind of want some Twizzlers, to be completely honest." I smiled a cheesy grin and he chuckled.

"Tre will just love you. But, yeah, I can do that. Need any cigs?' I laughed and shook my head.

"No, I've got a full pack, thanks." He smiled and pushed off the car.

"Alright, be right back."

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back into my seat. I started singing 'Clampdown' by the Clash absentmindedly.

"Sing a lot when you're alone?" A familiar voice asked, causing me to almost jump out of my skin. Maya was leaning into my window with an amused look on her face.

"Maya! What the hell are you doing? And here?" I looked around the gas station as saw her car parked at the next pump.

"Relax, Charisma. I was almost out of gas, so I got some. Then I saw you sitting here and thought I'd come see what was up. Whose car are you in?" She looked around the interior and smirked.

"Billie's."

"Ah. The guy who has been occupying a lot of your time since our arrival in California. How's it going with the two of you?"

"Good. Very good. I could say the same for you, though, you haven't been around much either."

"I made some friends, just like you have. But I miss you over at home. At least I sleep there." She snickered and winked.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Have you two...you know, had sex?" I scoffed at the audacity of her question and rolled my eyes.

"What business is that of yours? But no, we haven't."

"I heard you suggesting doing something else, you know, while you two were sitting on the porch."

"You're such a creep." She laughed and shook her head.

"Are you planning on it soon? I know you're crazy about him."

"Maybe, it's not something I'm planning. And, yes, I am crazy about him."

"Is it scary?" She sounded so curious, I could almost think she was someone else.

"Is what scary? Knowing you feel deeply about someone? I guess..."

"Well, you two are the cutest, so be good to him." I glared at her and she looked taken aback.

"Trying to bring up the past, are we, Maya? Sod off." She laughed and pushed off the car, just as Billie had done.

"Here comes the boy. See you later." She smiled and waved as Billie walked to the car and opened his door.

"Weird seeing your sister here, huh?" I looked out my window and watched Maya climb into her car. She winked and blew a kiss as she pulled away from the pump.

"It really was."

* * *

I had gotten about three twizzlers by the time we got to Gilman, and when Tre saw the candy in my hand, he snatched them away like a greedy child.

Billie and I were sitting against the back wall of Gilman, tangled in each others arms, and watching the surprised show.

"I want my twizzlers." I muttered as I watched Jon, the singer of the band move around the stage as he sung. Billie gave me a light squeeze and kissed the top of my head.

"I don't think Tre has eaten them all, just ask for them back. They are yours, anyway." He chuckled and kissed me again.

"Eh, maybe. I'm too comfortable here with you." I turned my head and kissed the middle of his chest. His chest vibrated as he chuckled and I smiled into his shirt.

"You know, it is traditional to kiss somebody on their lips, not their chest." I looked up at him and sneered.

"I'll kiss you wherever I want, Armstrong."

He pulled me up so I was sitting next to him and he smiled.

"Is that so?"

"It is." I smiled devilishly and he chuckled.

"Well, for the time being, can you kiss me on the lips?" I pretended to ponder and smiled slyly as I locked eyes with him.

"I guess." I leaned in and smiled into the kiss after a few moments.

"Hey, hey, hey! We're here for a punk show, not your make out sessions!" Tre scolded as he came and stood in front of us. I slowly looked up at Tre; my lips departing from Billie's in the process.

"Hi, Tre." I smiled sheepishly and he winked.

"Hot. Now get up, woman!" I raised an eyebrow and Billie chuckled.

"Why? I'm so comfortable." I sunk back down the wall and laid my head onto Billie's chest. His arms wrapped protectively over me and he rubbed my back.

"They've got one hell of a pit going! Come on, Billie will still be here when you get back!" I smiled.

"If you give me my Twizzlers back." He bit his lip nervously and chuckled slightly.

"Yeah, about those? Er, well, I gave them to random people." I rolled my eyes and pulled away from Billie; who whimpered in protest.

"I'm just going to make him happy. Save me a spot?" He nodded and Tre took my hand and led me away into the crowd of sweaty, moving people. I felt a bit lonely not being around Billie. Why was I so dramatic when he was away?

Tre and I started skanking as the band broke out into a Specials cover. I started singing along and was rather enjoying myself. More people joined in and for a mere second, I was reminded of shows back home. It was a pleasurable feeling.

I eventually made my way through the crowd of people once losing sight of Tre. I caught sight of Billie talking to Mike against the back wall. I smiled to myself; I hadn't seen much of Mike tonight.

"Hey!" I cheered, standing in front of the two boys. Mike smiled and nodded to acknowledge me without breaking conversation with Billie.

"Yeah, and I figure about that time we could get an apartment of our own." Billie smiled at the thought and turned to look at me. He reached out his hands as he scooted away from Mike to make room for me. He pulled me down and wrapped his arms around my waist, I cuddled into him and laid my head on his chest so he could continue to talk with Mike.

* * *

Billie and I ended up at his house alone that night. His mom had left him a note saying she was going to be working late.

"Does Mike not like me?" I asked, sprawling across Billie's bed as I watched him remove his shirt.

"What? Of course he likes you, Charisma!" I sat up and threw my legs over the side of the bed.

"I don't know. I just get the vibe that he thinks I'm up to no good." Billie smiled sympathetically and sat down next to me on his bed.

"Care to elaborate?"

"He didn't seem to interested in talking to me today. And now that I think about it, he seems to be quiet when I'm around." Billie sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"He's not used to somebody with your lifestyle." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"My lifestyle? What lifestyle?"

"The rich life. Famous dad. We're from working class families, if you haven't noticed. Not used to having things handed to us." He was defensive of Mike, that was evident, but in the process he had managed to severely insult me.

I stood up from the bed and felt nauseated. I couldn't believe he had just said that to me.

"Excuse me? Just because my dad is Joe Strummer you think I am from a fabulous life? Are you kidding me, Billie Joe?" He stood up when I added Joe to his name; I never really used it.

"I obviously have upset you within the last minute, so please tell me what I did."

"You're accusing me of having the perfect life! Yes, my dad may be who he is, but my life is nowhere near perfect. If I were rich, why would my dad be renting a fucking house from Simo?"

"I'm sorry, Charisma. I wasn't thinking when I spoke, I shouldn't have accused you of anything." He tried to walk toward me but I backed away.

"You think I'm spoiled, don't you?" My voice was low; I felt sickened. When he didn't reply right away, the nauseated feeling grew in the pit of my stomach.

"Charisma, that's not what I said." His voice was just as low.

"But you're not denying it, are you? Well let me telling you something, Billie, I am not spoiled. I lived in a fucking squat the first few years of my life, before my father had The Clash money to fall back on. My dad was gone up until five years ago. I might as well say he passed away, like your dad, because I grew up without a father figure. My mom had to support my sisters and I by putting herself through university and working two jobs. Our nanny was her sister, who wasn't paid because we didn't have the money. I understand your economical situation in life, Billie, because I've been there myself. I am there."

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked out his window as silence engulfed us. I knew he felt bad, and to honest, I wanted him to. He insulted me when he had no right nor did he have the facts about my life. He stepped closer, slowly, and this time I didn't step away. He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head. I hugged him back and felt tears sting the corner of my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Charisma. I really am. My foot can live in my mouth and I'm a blunt asshole at times, I'm so sorry." He kissed the top of my head again and I pulled away slightly. I looked up at him and he looked so sincere I could almost feel bad for wishing him to feel bad.

"I understand you defending your friend, I'd do the same. But, can you please just be kissing me now?" He raised his eyebrows in surprised but smiled nonetheless.

"I'd fucking love to."

Without breaking our kiss, I pushed him back onto the bed and he fell, wrapping his arms around my waist as I straddled him. He flipped us over, so he was on top now, and I pushed myself up to the head of his bed.

"I love your fucking kisses." He breathed in my ear; his breath hot on my neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

Thanks for reading!