Charisma

Twenty.

I took the long way around Gilman, feeling less enthusiastic about anything at this point. A lot of people were sitting outside smoking, waiting for Jesse's band to set up. I decided to sit down and have a cigarette myself.

"Hey, you're Charisma, right?" I looked up in front of me as I lit up and saw a girl standing nervously in front of me.

"Yeah, that's me." I smiled weakly, inhaling on my cigarette.

"We work together at the Coffee Corner, I'm Amy. I've never actually had a shift with you, but I know that you're friends with Mike." She blushed as she smiled and I arched an eyebrow. Looks like someone has a crush.

"Yeah, I am. Are you?" Her blushed deepened and I smiled.

"No, no! I talk to him sometimes at work, but other than that, it's only me wishing." She admitted; her face deep red.

"Would you like to sit down? I could use the company." I smiled politely and she sat down across from me silently.

"Can I ask you a question?" She played with the hoodie sleeve as she smiled sheepishly.

I smiled. "Of course."

"Are you and Mike dating?" I coughed on smoke as I looked at her like she was crazy.

"No," I coughed; feeling my eyes water. "No! I'm dating his friend, Billie."

"Are you alright? I'm sorry!"

"No, I'm fine. Your question just was not what I was expecting it to be. But, no, we're not dating. Mike is single."

"Really? Oh, that's great. I was planning on talking to him tomorrow since we have the same shift and I didn't want to be too flirtatious if he was seeing somebody." She smiled, her blush reappearing.

"You're really interested, aren't you?"

"Yeah. He's such a great guy and he always makes me working days better."

"I can set the two of you up, if you want. And who knows, he may be interested as well." I winked; she blushed.

* * *

After I finished my cigarette, Amy and I made our way back inside but she had to go meet some friends, so I found Trevor, Slick, and Andrew sitting at a booth in the corner.

"Hey leading lady, where have you been?" Trevor smiled, scooting over to make room for me.

"I ran into a few people outside. Is Jesse's band ready to play soon?"

"Yeah, they're coming in now," His eyes widened and he laughed. "Look what he's wearing!"

I followed Trevor's finger and I felt my mouth fall open in surprise. Jesse was wearing the checkered pants from the Operation Ivy days.

"Oh, my god!" I exclaimed between laughs.

Jesse walked up to the microphone stand and people cheered.

"How many of you here have been to an Op Ivy show in the past? And how many of you recognize these pants?" He smirked; listening to the cheers and whistles. "How many of you enjoyed the first band tonight? Especially that girl, what a voice! But, how many of you would believe me if I told you these were her pants?"

I blushed. "Oh, Jesse."

All three of the guys turned to me with the same expression: shock.

"Those trademark pants are your pants?" Slick asked, pointing his thumb behind him.

"Yeah, I gave them to him when I was fifteen." I smiled sheepishly; blushing more fiercely.

"Are you just the coolest person alive, or what?" Andrew asked; his voice serious.

I rolled my eyes. "No, I'm really not."

I turned my attention back to the stage and Jesse was singing their first song. I loved watching him move around the stage, he had a different way of moving and the way he held his microphone was just his style.

My phone vibrating in my pocket stole my attention away from the show and I looked at the caller ID: Dad

"Hello?" I asked, plugging my free ear.

"Charisma! Honey, how did your show go?"

"It was really good, dad. People seemed to like us." I smiled.

"That's great, pumpkin! I'm sorry I wasn't there to see it. I don't know where this Gilman Street is."

I rolled my eyes. "Dad, it's okay. We'll bring you to the next one, alright? Hey, guess who's performing right now!"

"Who, darling?"

"Jesse Michaels! You remember him, right?"

"I do remember him." My dad laughed, causing me to smile.

"He's wearing those checkered pants I gave him. I think it's because I played a show with him tonight, not sure, though."

"You mean the pants your unfashionable father bought for you?" He laughed harder this time, still causing me to smile nonetheless.

"Yes, those very unflattering pants. He love 'em, though and that's what important. But, dad, can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can, sweetie."

"After my show tonight, Billie was feeling pretty intimate after I sang the Lovesong, more or less, directly to him. He wanted to go celebrate but I had already promised the guys I'd hang-out with them. I know he was hurt, and I feel upset. What should I do?"

I waited patiently as my dad thought through my situation. I had completely forgotten I was sitting in Gilman, around my band mates, no less.

"I think the best thing for you to do would to take him out, say, tomorrow. Let him know he's just important as your mates. When I was talking to him, I got the feeling he was feeling second best. I know your both in bands, and those are both your top priorities, but you gotta make sure you take time to be with the one you love. I learned that the hard way, Charis."

I smiled. "Thank you, daddy! You always know exactly what to say. I should get going now, though, I'll see you later tonight."

"Bye Charis, glad I could help."

After hanging up, I set my phone on the table and found Andrew looking right at me.

"I'm sorry guys, did I ruin the show?" I smiled sheepishly and looked at the guys.

"No, no, you're fine. So Billie's feelin' pretty bummed?" Trevor asked, smiling sympathetically.

"Yeah, but I'm going to take him out somewhere nice tomorrow to make up for it." I smiled, catching Andrew's sour face. Trevor and Slick both liked Billie, but Andrew seemed a bit hesitant about him.

"That's nice of you, you two make a great couple." Trevor smiled. Trevor was slowly making his way to be a brother I never had.

"Awe, thanks Trev."

I smiled to myself as I turned my attention back to Jesse's band. Billie was going to love me so much when he sees what I've got in store for him.

* * *

[Next Day]

I had a four hour shift with Mike, and when I clocked out, Amy came in. I figured it'd be a good chance to talk to Mike about her before she came around.

"Mike, do you know a girl named Amy? She works with you sometimes." I eyed him as I wiped down the counter. He smiled and turned his attention my way.

"Yeah, I know Amy. Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering what you thought about her." I stopped wiping and turned to him.

"Well, she's pretty cute. She seems really shy, so it's hard to talk to her sometimes. She's seems like fun to be around."

"Date-able?" I smirked.

"What's going on?" He picked up his mug of coffee.

"Well, I ran into her yesterday at Gilman and she was talking about you a lot and asked if we were dating," Mike choked on his coffee and spit some out of his mouth. "Exactly my reaction, by the way. But she was planning on flirting with you today, and she seems really interested."

I felt bad for ratting out Amy, but if Mike was at all interested, it would help push the process of getting them together far along.

"Amy? Really? Yeah, I'd say she'd date-able." He smiled; I clapped.

"Good! Well, I'm going to go on my break now and run down to Little Tony's for lunch." I untied my apron and set it underneath the counter.

"Hey, I spent most of last night with Bill, are you two gonna be okay?"

I smiled. "We're going to be fine. I'm going to take him out tonight, but it's a surprise, so don't tell him."

Mike nodded. "My lips are sealed."

~ ~ ~

I pulled the door open to a surprisingly cool Little Tony's. A tall brunette girl greeted me at the hostess table as I walked up to her.

"Hi, just one for today?" She asked, smiling.

"Yeah, but could I make a small request?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Could I have a specific waiter? Billie Joe? He's my boyfriend. I won't steal his attention, I just need to ask him a question." I smiled politely.

"Of course! Just follow me." She grabbed a menu and led me through the fancy reastaruant to a small, cozy booth in the corner. She turned and smiled as she pointed to the booth.

"Thank you." I smiled as I slid into the booth.

"I'll send Billie to serve you right away." She smiled and I thanked her once again before she disappeared down the aisle.

I watched as Billie appeared from around the corner a few minutes later. He didn't seem to know I was going to be his next customer and I silently thanked her.

"Hi, I'm--Oh, Charisma! Hi!" He smiled.

I looked at him in his formal uniform attire. "Siete bello, Billie Joe!"

He chuckled. "What did you just say?"

"You are handsome!" I giggled; smiling.

"Well, it sounded sexy as hell."

"How about this, then? Posso prenderlo voi una data?" I watched as he started to blush.

"Oh, can I kiss you please?" He begged, smiling.

"If you answer my question first." I looked up at him and smiled.

"I don't know what you said, baby girl."

"Can I take you on a date?"

He smiled. "Of course! What's the occasion?"

"No occasion, I just want to spend some quality time with my babe, if that's alright with you." I smiled, wiping my hair behind my ear.

"That's most definitely alright with me. But did you want to order some food? I'm assuming you're on your lunch break."

"That I am. I'll take the personal cheese pizza and a ice tea."

"A whole pizza? Damn, you must be hungry."

I rolled my eyes. "when's your lunch break?"

"After I bring you your food, why?"

"Care to eat with me today?"

"I'd love to! Let me go take care of this, okay?"

"Okay." He smiled before disappearing back down the aisle.

It was nice knowing Billie and I were going to be okay. My stomach fluttered as I thought about having the whole night with him to myself, and realizing he's the only one I want.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh what's gonna happen? :)