Charisma

Twenty-three.

"My bike, my bike, my bike! 'Lets get going!', he'd say, and I'd yell, 'My bike, my bike, my bike!' That mother-fucking cunt, he didn't understand. What do we have for entertainment? Cops kicking gypsies on the pavement! Charisma, you're beautiful without makeup."

Billie's incessant rambles entertained and annoyed me on the drive home. He spoke quickly, spitting everywhere and looking in every which direction. I didn't respond to anything he said; he seemed to be in his own world. I noticed Ollie's car was absent as I pulled into their driveway, and I was thankful she wasn't here to see her son in this state.

"All right, Billie, are you ready for the long walk?" I turned the car off and looked him while I pulled the keys out of the ignition. Billie's eyes were half-shut and he muttered quietly to himself. I rolled my eyes and reached out with my free hand to poke him.

"Charisma, you are so beautiful." He opened his eyes the remainder of the way and smiled cheekily.

"You're just as beautiful, my sweaty boy." I smiled, pushing his falling hair out of his eyes.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He whispered; winking.

"I already am your girlfriend, Beej." I laughed at his confusion and stuck my keys in my pocket.

"I've never asked you, though." He offered, causing me to look at him. I furrowed my eyebrows as it dawned on me that had never asked me. I guess there really had been no need.

I laughed. "You're right. But, yes, I loved to be your official girlfriend."

"You know, you're very pretty after you've been beaten up." He reached out to touch my face, but failed to do so. His arm hit the emergency break and I stifled a laugh.

"I didn't get beaten up, Billie. But how about we get you inside, okay?" I smiled encouragingly and he rubbed his tired eyes.

"Okay." I watched as he rolled himself over and pushed the door open; tumbling right out.

"Billie!" I yelled, leaning over to his seat and started laughing once I saw his hand come into view.

"I am okay!" He hollered; sporting a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes and got out my side the proper way.

"We only have one more step, babe. Are you ready?" I asked Billie, who was leaning all of his weight against me. It had been five minutes since we had arrived home and we were still slowly making our way up the stairs.

"Ready." Billie muttered; leaning his head against my shoulder. His damp hair tickled my neck and I giggled slightly as we stepped onto the hardwood floor.

"Now, do you think you need to throw up? Because otherwise I'm just going to take you to bed." I smiled as Billie lifted his head off my shoulder.

"I really, really do." He spoke slowly, pushing off of me as he headed toward the bathroom. He stumbled the correct way to the bathroom and pushed the door open as he disappeared inside.

I walked to the bathroom slowly; giving him his privacy. I flipped the light on and watched Billie shield his eyes as he rest his forehead on his left arm.

"Ow." He muttered; lifting his head to look at me. I smiled nervously and flipped the switch back down.

"I'm sorry, babe." I sat back on my heels and Billie stared at me.

"I don't recommend this combination of drugs I've taken to anybody.' He said grimly.

"I thought we were even on the death scares, Billie."

"Death? I'm not going to die."

I rolled my eyes. "You get my point, Billie! But that's not what it looked like at Gilman, you laying on the floor covered in sweat."

Billie sighed. "I didn't mean to defend my drug use, I'm sorry. I got overheated at Gilman and everybody started to freak out and that's when Mike called you."

"Well I'm glad he called me. I'd hate for you to be alone all night long."

He smiled. "Yeah, there is nothing like waking up from a horrible night to a beautiful face."

"You're such a sap, Beej," I smiled; feeling a sense of comfort rush through me. "I'm going to go get you some water, okay?"

I stood up as Billie just nodded, turning his attention back to the toilet bowl. I felt the need to baby him, so he knew that I cared about him. I didn't want him feeling shitty, and I was going to help him any way that I could.

I knew Billie's house pretty well at this point so it didn't take me long to get back to him. He had his forehead resting back on his arm and he was singing quietly to himself.

"Here you go, babe." I said as I knelt down beside him and handed him the glass as he sat back up.

"Thank you." He took small sips of the water and I stood up, opening the medicine cabinet and grabbing a bottle of Tylenol.

"You don't have to do all this, Charis. I always feel a bit better after throwing up."

"Do you have a headache?" I asked, pouring out two caplets.

"Maybe." He smirked; flushing the toilet as he stood up. He set the glass on the counter and rolled his eyes as I handed him the two pills.

"You'll thank me later." I said firmly, picking up the glass and placing it in his free hand.

"You'd be a good mother, you know that? You're firm yet loving." He smiled as he popped the pills into his mouth and took a big gulp of water.

"And this is when I know it's time to get you to bed. You're not fully recovered from tonight's activities, and you should rest before you say even weirder things." I joked, reaching for Billie's hand and lead the way out of the bathroom.

As Billie striped down to his boxers, I changed into a plain white shirt of his and set all my clothes neatly on the floor in a pile. I heard Billie chuckle as he climbed into bed; exhausted.

"What are you laughing at, mister?" I asked as I climbed underneath the covers and Billie's arm pulled me closer to him.

"Nothing. You're cute, that's all." I rolled my eyes and let my arm fall over his bare stomach.

"Whatever, you're the cutest and you know it." I closed my eyes as I snuggled into Billie's chest and breathed in his welcoming scent.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven! Look for love! Look for love," Billie sang quietly. "Look for love! Oh, my little five-year-old self, I no longer need to look for love. I found it." Billie gave me a light squeeze before kissing the top of my head. I smiled to myself as I let sleep take over.

* * *

I decided to watch cartoons the next morning while waiting for Billie to wake up. He seemed to pass out right after he'd crawled into bed because he was in that exact same position once I woke up. I turned onto my side and the remote slid off my stomach onto the floor.

"Bleedin' remote." I muttered; feeling drained. If I didn't have the energy to pick up a remote, I could tell today wasn't going to be very productive.

"Charisma, I miss you." I lifted my head off the armrest and saw a freshly showered Billie walking toward me.

"I'm right here, babe." I smiled as I sat up; making room.

"I know, but I had a really good dream about you and waking up alone in my bed wasn't all that great." He pouted as he sat across from me.

I smiled. "How 'bout I make you breakfast to make up for it? Then you can tell me this dream of yours."

"Well I am feeling pretty shitty and lazy..." He leaned back into the couch as he ran a hand through his hair.

"So we've got ourselves a deal?"

"We do." He looked at me as he smiled; he seemed worn out as well.

"You can even stay here and continue to watch my cartoons for me. I'm going to make you a surprise breakfast." I smiled as I stood up from the couch. Billie extended his legs and laid down how I was on minutes prior.

"Thank you, baby." He yawned as I smiled once more before heading off toward the kitchen.

Ten minutes into cooking Billie's breakfast, he came into the kitchen and slumped down into one of the chairs around the table. He sprawled his arms across the top as he laid his chin down on the morning newspaper.

"You feelin' pretty lethargic today, huh, babe?" I asked as I turned down the flame on the stove and turned toward the table.

He yawned. "Yeah, my body just wants to rest, and I know after I eat, what smells fucking delicious, I'll want to do just that." I laughed as I turned the heat off and opened the cupboard to grab Billie a plate.

"You can always go back to sleep, Billie. I don't want you to strain yourself just because I'm around." I put together Billie's special breakfast and smiled as I walked over to the kitchen table.

Billie sat up and his eyes widened in surprise as I set his plate before him. He looked back up at me and licked his lips; excited.

"What is all of this? It looks so good!" He picked up the fork and cut a piece of his omlet and popped it into his mouth. I rolled my eyes as I walked toward the pantry and picked up a box of Rice Krispies.

"A cheese omelet, two pieces of french toast and a handful of grapes." I walked over to the counter and grabbed a bowl from the cupboard. I poured my bowl as I heard Billie start to laugh.

"I get this food and you make yourself a bowl of cereal?" I rolled my eyes as I walked to the fridge and grabbed the milk.

"You had the rough night, not me." As I put everything way and joined Billie at the table, he smiled and winked as he popped a grape into his mouth.

"What would I do without you?"

"Die at Gilman?" I joked; scooping a spoonful of cereal.

"No better place than there." He smirked as I reached across the table and swatted his hand playfully.

"I was being serious, Billie." He smiled sympathetically and ran a hand through his hair.

"I know, I was joking. Hey, how about we take a walk to the park after we eat? I'm in the mood for the swings." My eyes lit up at his suggestion and he laughed.

"I would love that! I can't remember the last time I even went to a park, but are you sure you're feeling up to it physically?"

"Something tells me you're worth it. I want to spend the day with you, and no strained of body of mine is going to stop me." He took another bite of his omelet and I smiled as I stared at the boy who I could feel myself falling for one moment after another. Was he where I was?

"Billie, look! Swings!" I yelled, running toward the swings as we walked across the parking lot. I heard Billie chuckle as the swings came closer with every step I took.

I hopped onto the closest swing and watched as Billie approached with his hands in his jacket pockets. He was smiling and the cool morning breeze blew his hair back slightly.

"If I haven't said it enough, you are the cutest fucking girl." He stopped a few feet in front of me so I didn't kick him as I pumped my legs. I giggled and brushed the hair out of my face with my right hand as I continued to swing.

"And you are the cutest boy. Funny how that worked out." I winked; watching him smile.

"Jump, Charis. I'll catch you." He backed up a bit and extended his arms. I felt my eyes widen as I stared at him in disbelief.

"You're mad! I'm not going to jump on you! Bloody hell, Billie." I laughed, shaking my head at my crazy boyfriend. He pouted and looked down at the sand.

"Don't you trust me?" He offered, looking up at me slowly through his eyelashes. My heart skipped a beat and I smiled.

"Of course I do. Is this the only way I can prove that I do?" From the look on his face I could tell he hadn't thought about it and I internally kicked myself.

"If I said it was, would you jump?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Let me slow down and when I'm barely moving, then yes, I will jump." Billie chuckled and ran a hand through his hair.

"Deal."

I stopped pumping my legs and watched as Billie waited patiently for my swing to lose speed. I couldn't believe he actually wanted to me jump on him.

"Ready?" I asked once the swing lost most of its momentum. He smiled and extended his arms, stepping forward a few feet.

"Ready baby girl." I smiled as I swung backward; bracing myself.

I jumped off the swing and Billie ran forward to catch me; my hipbones pressed into his stomach as he stumbled forward a bit. I wrapped my legs around his waist and steadied myself by snaking my arms around his neck. I had to admit I was surprised that my jump hadn't ended in disaster.

"Wow. That worked." I nodded my head impressed and Billie chuckled; wrapping his arms around my lower back.

"I told you I would catch you. See what amazing things can come from trusting someone?" I rolled my eyes as I leaned back so I could see his face.

"That's one crazy statement, mister." I smiled and closed the distance between the two of us by kissing him.

"Mm, I love your lips." He whispered as I pulled away; burying my face in his shoulder.

"Yeah, well I love you." I giggled as I kissed his neck.

"What?" He asked, looking up at me. I sat back as straight as I could and looked at him.

"I-I'm sorry," I stuttered; blushing. "I didn't mean--"

"Don't be." He said softly.

"What?"

"Don't be sorry." He stared adoringly at me and I cocked my head to the side.

"Wh-"

He smiled. "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
One word: FINALLY. I am so, so sorry for the delay on this story! It was originally going to be posted yesterday but this is what happened: My computer has this virus protection and it needed to 'update' and I didn't see the warning that it'd be restarting my computer in two minutes. I had written this chapter out, and I hadn't saved any of my work so when it surprisingly restarted itself, I lost all my work. So I have no idea if this is better or worse then the original because I couldn't remember it all x_x
This chapter was also hard for me to put together, so when I did have it all worked out, that happened to me.

So, again, I am sorry and hope you all don't want to kill me!