Charisma

Twenty-six.

"I'd like to dedicate this one to my new found friends here in Berkeley. I love you all." I yelled in the microphone. It was officially our second show at Gilman and we were sounding great for our lack of practice.

The crowd was more responsive then the last and I felt genuinely happy. I turned to face Andrew, who smiled as he started strumming 'Story Of My Life' by Social Distortion. The crowd cheered as good 'ol Social D blasted through the speakers of Gilman. Without instruction, various people in the packed crowd begun to clap along to the beat.

I spotted Billie in the front, and this time, Tre and Mike were with him. Mike smiled as our eyes connected and I started ripping into the lyrics.

High school seemed like such a blur
I didn't have much interest in sports or school elections
And in class I dreamed all day
About a rock 'n' roll weekend
And the girl in the front of the room
So close yet so far
Y'know she never seemed to notice
That this silly school-boy crush wasn't just pretend


People sang along and Tre even got the two people next to him riled up.

If this show was going well, I was excited for an acoustic set-up Billie and I had planned for The Coffee Corner tomorrow.

"Alright everyone, you've been a great fucking crowd tonight! This is only our second show, but all of you are fucking amazing! Once again, we're the Offbeats!"

"Woo!" Tre yelled, cupping his hands over his mouth. I wiped my sweaty bangs with the back of my hand as smiled at my three future roommates.

Billie was beaming and seemed excited for me. I was glad we were equally receptive about each others shows.

"Any fans of Green Day here tonight?" I asked, moving to the right side of the stage. A cheer of approval was heard and I chuckled. "Well tomorrow, the lead man, Billie Joe, and I are doing an acoustic set at the Coffee Corner. Any of you interested are welcome to come. Thanks everyone! You fucking rule!"

I placed the mic back into it's holder and eruption of applause was heard as the regular music came on.

As I descended the side steps, Billie's open arms were awaiting my arrival. He pulled me close to him and the scent of sweat and weed wafted up my nostrils. I smiled and pulled away from him, laughing as he kissed my sweaty temple.

"You did beyond amazing, baby girl. I love seeing you on stage." Billie's crooked smile stole my breathed and I felt my body tingle with a good sensation.

"Thanks, Billie. It means a lot to me that you came again."

Billie wiped my drenched bangs to the side and smiled. "What else would I rather be doing?"

I giggled softly. "Me?"

Billie chuckled at my humor and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Maybe later. I think you've sweat enough for one night." He winked and I leaned in for a kiss.

"I love you." I whispered, looking up into his eyes.

"I love you too." He kissed the tip of my nose and chuckled.

"What's funny?"

"I just thought it'd be funny if I licked you." He confessed.

I shrugged. "You can."

He dropped his hold on my waist and backed up.

"What? I was kidding."

"Okay then. I never said you had to." I furrowed my eyebrows at his reaction.

"I thought it would disgust you."

"No, I do--" Billie leaned forward and licked the side of my face; cutting me off. I instinctively wiped my face.

"Salty." He joked.

I scrunched my nose. "Okay. Now I'm disgusted." I wiped my cheek once more and Billie's laughter increased.

"That's the only reaction I wanted."

"Why?" I cocked an eyebrow and Billie smiled.

"I wanted a to see if you were capable of a typical girlie reaction." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not your typical 'girlie', Billie. I'm in a punk band." I put my hands on my hip and smirked as Billie stared adoringly at me.

"You're cute." He cooed, grabbing for my right hand as we begun to walk toward the dispersing crowd.

I spotted Mike and Tre with their girlfriends and got a sudden idea.

"Billie," I gasped, "We should throw a party!"

Billie stopped walking and looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?"

"We should have a party. A house party! Green Day and The Offbeats can play." I smiled as ideas rolled into my mind.

"What's the occasion?" He ran a hand through his damp hair and tried his best to figure out where my outburst had come from.

"Does a party have to have one?" I asked, taking his hands in mine as I faced him.

"Well, typically," He began.

"Billie. I'm not your typical girl." I smiled.

He chuckled. "Oh, I know."

"Then why are you questioning my idea? I want to throw a party and you're going to play." I smiled and Billie mirrored my action.

"Well there's a a new side of you I've never seen." He joked.

"What?" I pouted.

"You're commanding." He smirked.

"I am not commanding! I'm simply telling you what's going on." I smiled innocently and shrugged my shoulders slowly.

"Whatever you say, Charisma." He squeezed my hands and begun to walk toward the rest of our group.

I had excused myself for a cigarette, and as I leaned against the cool rough brick wall, I felt a sickening feeling in my stomach and I covered my mouth; dropping my cigarette. Onlookers stared at me, and I closed my eyes as I held my stomach. Once it passed, I picked up my dirty cigarette and inhaled the warm relaxation.

I looked up at the pink and purple sky and wondered what the sky would look like on uncle Mick's balcony. My stomach turned and I was washed over with homesickness.

As tears stung my eyes, I sniffled and flipped my long hair over my shoulder.

"Baby girl," Billie greeted me with a smile.

I jumped slightly at his sudden presence and when my eyes connected with his, he immediately became concerned.

"Hey." I muttered, flicking my cigarette.

"Baby girl, what's wrong? Are you crying?" He pulled me into a hug.

I brought my cigarette to my lips as I rested my chin on his soft shoulder.

"Not yet." I blew out the smoke as I looked down at the ground and rested my forehead on his shoulder. He rubbed my back affectionately and turned to kiss the side of my head.

"What's brought this on?" He pulled away to look at me.

"I don't know. I'm feeling so many emotions at once." I brought the last of my cigarette back up to my lips and blew smoke out of my nose.

"Like what?" His hand grazed my cheek as he pushed my bangs back.

"I'm nostalgic, and I'm really fucking hungry."

Billie chuckled at the last part and placed his thumb and index finger under my chin and raised my gaze to meet his.

"Do you want to get some food?"

He offer sounded appealing, and the guys probably packed up by now.

"Yes, please. Maybe an all-you-can-eat buffet?" I smiled slightly and I flicked my cigarette to the ground and Billie intertwined our fingers.

He chuckled. "We'll see what's open."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, my god. I missed this story. I wrote this today during lunch and creative writing. It just came to me naturally, so that made me happy.

Thanks for reading!