Charisma

Thirty.

Smooth, squishy, wet things covered my face as my eyes rolled open to a dimly lit room.

"Wa-unf." I whispered as I blinked my eyes multiple times.

The squishing stopped as Billie's head popped up next to mine.

"Charisma! Are you okay?" His furrowed his eyebrows concerningly.

"N-Yeah, I'm fine." I breathed heavily before sitting up on my bed.

"Your dad and I carefully brought you into your room. I didn't leave your side, I promise." Billie smiled as he kissed my cheek once more.

As I stared at Billie, I realized I sit had yet to perform for our guests.

"How long was I out for?"

"Ten minutes at most. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm sure, Billie, thank you." I smiled as I placed my hand lightly on his cheek. He smiled.

"We had Mike tell the crowd that you passed out because of dehyrdation. They seem to be supportive, if you still want to sing."

"I do." I answered quickly, jumping off my bed.

I glanced back at Billie, who seemed stunned by my sudden outburst, and bit my lip as I walked out my room. I had to figure this out.

As I sat on the uncomfortable stool, strumming, I looked at Billie in the midst of the crowd. He waved as our eyes connected and I forced a smile before looking down at my stomach.

"This one is called 'My Heart', and it's our last song of the night." I closed my eyes as I spoke into the mike, preparing myself.

A light round of applause broke out as I began the first verse.

I am finding out that maybe I was wrong
That I've fallen down and I can't do this alone
Stay with me, this is what I need, please?

I am nothing now and it's been so long
Since I've heard the sound, the sound of my only hope
This time I will be listening

Sing us a song and we'll sing it back to you
We could sing our own but what would it be without you?

This heart, it beats, beats for only you
This heart, it beats, beats for only you

This heart, it beats, beats for only you
My heart is yours


It was silent as my voice carried throughout the basement. I kept my eyes closed, sinking into the song as I strummed faster and carried the notes longer than before.

My heart is yours

A tear rolled down my cheek as I opened my eyes as my voice met the silence of the crowd, who didn't hesitate to start immediately clapping.

"Well thank you." A smile spread across my face as I set my guitar down onto its stand as I stood up.

"I need to talk to you." Amy's voice creeped up behind me as I made my way through the crowd.

I turned, surprised. My face fell as she bored holes into my eyes - which I was sure she was going to do until I agreed - and sighed in defeat.

"Last time we talked, Amy, I passed out because I heard news I never wanted to hear until I was about thirty." I hissed, looking around at our surroundings. As she did the same, she shook her head and grabbed a hold of my hand.

"Lets go outside. Where it's safe." She smiled softly as she led us to the silder door that lead to the backyard.

"Pregnancy tests can be wrong, you know." I said as we sat down on the rim of the pool. I rolled my pant legs up before dunking my feet in the warm water.

"That's true, which is why we'll have to have you take another one in a few days. But Charisma, you cannot go through this alone if it wasn't lying to us. You need to tell Billie Joe that you may have the chance of being pregnant."

"No! I can't. He isn't even techincally graduated from high school yet. I am not going to tell him he's the father until everything is smooth in both of ours lives."

"That's going to hurt him. He has ever right to know as you do. It's just that you happen to find out before anyone else."

I sighed. "I know it's going to hurt him, but Amy, I'm still torn as to whether I am going back to England or not with my family."

"What? You have to stay! You can't just abandon him here, especially if you're with child!" Amy's voice raised as she spoke, and my stomach clench in a very uncomfortable manner.

Before either of us could react, I heard the slider door open and saw Billie walking out with two water bottles in his hands.

I sighed. "Amy. Incoming."

She turned and stood up as Billie approached us.

"Oh, you don't have to leave just because I'm here."

"No, I should go find Mike and say goodnight. Lovely show you two, see you later."

"Bye Amy." Billie said as he sat down in her spot, handing me a water.

"Thanks, I'm really thirsty." I twisted the cap off and took a big gulp so I didn't have to speak.

"I absolutely love your solo acoustic songs. Your voice is just so goddamn amazing." He laughed, taking a sip of his own water.

I giggled lightly. "Thanks baby."

"You know, if life ever separates us and you become big and come to wherever I end up living, I think I'll have to go to every one of your shows. I would kick myself if I ever missed the chance of hearing you sing."

My stomach turned at his statement. I looked at him though, demanding myself to stay strong.

"Why would such a thing happen?"

"I don't know. Life works in tricky ways."

"That....is true." I sighed, looking down at my feet in the gleaming water.

"Hey," Billie spoke in a soft tone as he picked up my hand and held it against his chest.

"Hey." I mocked in a whispering tone.

"My heart, it beats, beats for only you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for sticking with me through the absence of four months.

I'm back and I'm ready to finish this story so I can start the sequel.