Charisma

Eight.

"You were great." Tim smiled as I joined him at the table.

"Thanks, but what'd you think about Green Day?" I was flattered that people liked my performance, but it really was all about the boys and I wanted it to stay that way.

"Incredible! One of the best in the circuit here in Berkeley." I smiled at his compliments, I wasn't even in the band but I felt a sense of pride just knowing them.

"Hey, you found a table!" Billie appeared at my side and kissed the side of my damp hair.

"Yeah, Billie, meet Tim Armstrong." I pointed at Tim who smiled in amusement as Billie realized he was also at the table.

"Fuck, yeah, dude! How are you, man?" Billie shook Tim's hand and jumped onto the stool next to me.

"Good, good. Your band, though, man, fucking incredible!" Billie felt a sense of pride rising within himself.

"Thanks, man," He turned to me in surprise. "How do you know Tim Armstrong?!"

"I know her dad, Jo--" I shook my head frantically at Tim, thankful he got the message.

"Family friend." I finished for him, Billie looked at me in confusion but smile nonetheless.

"Awesome."

Tre and Mike joined us then, both supporting beers in each of their hands.

"I got some guy at the bar to buy us all a beer." Tre cheered in triumph, setting a beer in front of Billie and I.

Tim stood up from his seat and Mike and Tre took the remaining two spots. They didn't seem to notice Tim and I watched as he walked to my side, stepping in front of Billie.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure." I got up reluctantly, knowing what he was about to tell me.

"Who was that?" I heard Mike ask as Tim pulled me away.

"They don't know Joe is your dad, do they?" He jumped straight to the point as he pulled me outside the door of Gilman. I looked up at him and I could tell he was shocked.

"No, I haven't told them yet. Tim, do you know how hard life was back in England? This is my escape! I can start fresh, and I am going to tell them eventually! I've just been waiting for the right time."

Tim sighed and ran a hand over his eyebrows.

"I understand it's a big secret, but you don't know if they'll feel betrayed or not that you couldn't trust them with something this big."

"I just want a normal life." I said, knowing that wasn't completely true. I planned on a musical career, but while it was still early in my arrival to California, I didn't want to spill just yet.

"I'll tell Billie tonight, Tim. Just for you." He pulled me into a hug and he ran a hand through my hair.

"I just don't want you to have a fall out with three good guys like they are. That's all. But, thank you, Charisma. It will feel better once it's out, I promise." I pulled away from him look like him in the eyes.

"Thanks for being such a good guy." He poked me playfully in the side once again and smiled.

"I gotta get going, tell the guys I said good gig." I nodded and he smiled, tossling my hair as he walked away, disappearing down the road.

As I headed back inside a person stepped in front of my way.

"Charisma?" A familiar voice asked, I looked up and sat Trevor.

"Hey, Trevor! What's up?"

"What's up? You were supposed to meet me at the Coffee Corner today!" Oh, fuck. I had completely forgotten.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I spent the night at a friends and I just completely forgot, I'm sorry." He smiled and touched my arm.

"It's okay. I saw your performance with Green Day and couldn't be mad any longer after seeing your spectacular voice."

"Thanks, Trevor. So we're good?"

"Only if you agree to be my bands singer." I looked up at him in shock. I swear I had to of heard him wrong.

"You want me to sing for you? Really?"

"Yeah, dude! I already talked about it with Andrew and he's totally down. Do you mind if I give you a call tomorrow?"

"No, that's great! Thank you so much!" I surprised myself by hugging him, but I was just too excited.

I joined the guys back at the table and Billie smiled at me and set his hand on top of mine.

"What's up with you? You look really happy." He said, rubbing his finger over my knuckles.

"Trevor just asked me to sing for him!" I smiled, picking up my beer with my free hand and taking a sip.

"Are you serious? Congratulations!" Billie raised his cup and we knocked them together.

* * *

"So you know Tim Armstrong?" Mike asked, lazily smoking a cigarette as Tre loaded up the last of his equipment into the Bookmobile.

"Yeah, he's just a family friend." The topic made me uncomfortable, no doubt about that, and I think Mike noticed.

"Are you okay?" He cocked his head to the side and I played with the bottom of my shirt.

"No, yeah, I am...it's just...never mind. I'm fine." I ran a hand through my hair and my thoughts wandered to how I was going to tell Billie tonight. Before Mike could say another word, Tre popped out next to us.

"We're ready to go." Mike nodded and looked at me one last time, but I ignored his glance.

"I'll go find Billie." I said, turning before Tre left and it was just Mike and I again.

As I headed for the back door of Gilman, Billie pushed it open and I noticed he was beaming. I stopped as he quickly joined me and picked me up silently and hugged me close to him.

"I am very proud of you, Charisma, you know that?" He pushed me away from him slightly and kissed me hard on the lips. I was taken in surprise to what had happened in the last ten seconds.

"Are you all right?" I asked as he set me carefully on the ground, he was still smiling.

"I may be a little drunk! But I am just so happy for you! You're in a band, that was your wish when you came here!" I smiled and placed his hand in mine as we walked back to the Bookmobile.

* * *

Billie had decided that I was going to sleep at his house again on the ride home, but I didn't mind. I needed to talk to him and I was thankful when we were alone in his bedroom later that night.

"You know, I saw you standing up to Melissa today." Billie's voice made me jump as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Oh, you did?" I turned in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Yeah, and I'm not going to lie, it was pretty fucking sexy." He smirked and I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"I don't know about that." He leaned forward and kissed my neck lightly.

"I think it was the cigarette and your leather jacket. Those on a girl like you is pretty sexy." I smiled as he kissed his way back up my neck and shivered involuntarily.

"Billie, I need to talk to you about something important." I pushed him away slowly and he looked at me in worry.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no! It's something I just need to speak to you about." I led him to the edge of his bed and he sat down, pulling me down into his lap. Why did he have to be so affectionate right now? Damn, drunken boy!

"What is it, babe?" I pushed myself off his lap and sat next to him, arranging myself so I was facing him. My knees touched his as I took his hands in mine.

"I think there is something you...should know." His eyes searched mine for some type of hint, but I knew he could only see was worry.

"All right." He said, eventually, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I think, before you and I become anything more than we are...you should know exactly who...my father is." I looked up at him from our hands and he was looking right back at me. He furrowed his eyebrows a little bit, confusion on his features.

"Go on." He smiled encouragingly and my stomach did nervous flips. I looked back down at our hands and I started rubbing my thumb across his skin.

"To me, he's known as John Mellor, okay? But, to the general population...he's known as...Joe Strummer." I took a few calming breathes before looking up at Billie, who was staring at me in awe.

He stood up suddenly, pulling his hands out of mine. I watched him stumble backwards and he looked up at his ceiling.

"Let me see if I understand this. You're telling me that your father is Joe Strummer. The punk legend. The Clash's front man. Voice of a generation?!" I smiled nervously and nodded my head once.

I stood up from the bed and walked toward Billie, surprised when he picked me up and spun me around.

"What are you doing?" I giggled as he hugged me tightly again, kissing my head.

"I'm psyched! This explains a lot, and I'm happy you told me." He set me down again, and pulled me closed to him as he connected his hands together against my back.

"So you're not mad?"

"Of course not! Why would I be mad?" He looked down at me and smiled my favorite lopsided smile.

"I don't know, I just thought you'd feel betrayed." He laughed and shook his head.

"I am nowhere near upset." He kissed me softly and I wrapped my arms around his neck and grabbed at his hair as he walked backwards and collapsed onto the bed.

Tim was right. I felt a lot better.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

Thanks for reading!