I Am My Own Worst Enemy- Gerard-

Sober At Last!

Gerard looked at Frank.
"Thanks."
"No problem Gee."
*Gerard's pov*

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but its sooo hard. I looked at the bottle of Jack Daniels.
No Gerard! You said to Frank that you'd sober up!! I know I have to, I can't go on like this!! Frank was right I could die if I don't shape up.
I turned away and went to the fridge and got a bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper.
It felt....different. It didn't burn. It felt tingley...wait is that even a word? I gulped down the rest of the caffinated pop and walked into the living room.
"Hey Gee."
"Hey Frank."
He looked at me.
"Gerard did I just see what I think I saw?"
"If you mean me turning down a bottle of Jack Daniels then yes your eyes didn't decieve you."
Frank walked over.
"Great job Gerard!"
He complimented me! For freaking real!
I silently said "Heck yeah!" in my head.

A couple of months had passed. It had been a living nightmare. I almost got sick when I had water for the first time in 3 months. It tasted so.....bland. It felt like my insides were coming back up. I think once I actually puked all over Frank. He understood though. He knew that this was a huge step for me. He got out of his wet puke-covered shirt and put a new one on, then he smiled at me. Like he was saying: "Its ok Gerard, I know you can do this." He pushed me harder and harder into my decision. He knew I could do it. He NEVER doubted me. Not once. Mikey had encouraged me too. He'd call me and say: "Gerard, I'm so proud of you! You're doing great!"
I was so glad I had made it this far. I couldn't believe it. I really had almost got off of alcohol.
Some days were harder than others. I'd wake up and drag myself out of bed, go to the kitchen and have cereal and coffee, and even when I thought I could never do it I would hear Mikey and Frank telling me that I should never give up and to keep moving forward.
Finally on August 11th 2004 I was completly sober. Frank and Mikey had helped me a lot. I think it was then that I truly found out what family and friends are for. They had helped my out of my pit of alcoholism, every step of the way. And I couldn't be any happier. Mikey....Frank......
Thank you......
The End