Status: Three shots; completed.

Nothing Can Change the Fact

Dressed Up, Messed Up

I started dating Ethan since the date. I found out he was really sweet and attractive, and we got to know each other in just one night. Today was the fifth day since the date.

I was in Chris’ car, going home. We were singing along to the song on the radio. Well I was ruining it, but he didn’t – it wasn’t fair that he had a really good voice and I didn’t.

“So,” he said after the song ended as he turned down the volume. “How’s it going with Ethan?”

I shrugged. “We’re okay. Why?”

“Well, it’s just…”

“What?”

“I’ve heard rumors about him.”

“What kind of?”

“I’m not sure if I have to tell you—“

“You have to. You said you were my best friend,” I said, pressing the word ‘best’. “Best friends do what they think is for the best.”

“Okay, if you insist.”

“So what kind of rumor?”

He hesitated before saying, “The he-flirts-a-lot-and-sleep-with-different-girls-even-though-he-already-has-a-girlfriend kind of rumor. You should break up with him. I have a bad feeling of him; I’m not sure if you have to date him.”

“Chris—“

“Gemma, listen.” He pulled up at his driveway and looked straight into my eyes. “You’re my best friend. I love you. I don’t want you to be hurt – and the rumor is true—“

“You trust rumors more than you trust the actual person?!”

“Gemma, I just want what’s best for you.”

“What’s best for me is to date him!”

“No, it’s not!”

“Why not?!”

“Because I know he’s not a nice person and I know he wants something from you! I can see it by the way he looks at you!”

“Shut up, you know nothing about him!”

“I don’t, but I know you more than he does!”

“Chris, you want the best for me, right?” He nodded. “Then let it go! I want to be with him.”

“But I don’t want you to.”

“Why?!” He didn’t answer. “Why, Chris?! Answer me!”

He bit his lower lip, and then he grabbed both of my shoulders and crashed his lips to mine. “I realized I love you more than as a best friend. I never want you to leave me,” he murmured.

My mouth was hung open and I stared at him. “Thanks for the ride,” I opened the car door and went into my house. I half ran into my room, slammed the door and slid down to the floor. My fingers flew to touch my lips.

My best friend just kissed me.

- - -

I had been avoiding Chris since. I didn’t know how to act in front of him. I could be an awkward person, even with my own family. I went to school by myself, Ethan dropped me off at home after school, and I always had my room’s curtain closed. I spent most of my time at school with Ethan, but seeing Ethan was a year older than me and we didn’t have many classes together, I could only be with him during recess, lunch and after school. During the classes I shared with Chris, I sat with my other friends.

I was totally avoiding him.

No, I wasn’t angry.

I was just a little bit disappointed. God only knows how long he had been my best friend. What made me disappointed at him was he believed rumors more than the actual person.

Chris was never like that. At least, Chris that I knew.

“Gemma! You’re gonna be late!” Mom called from downstairs.

I opened my curtain and found Chris in his room, shirtless. He saw me staring at him, so I immediately closed the curtain. What the hell? Why was my heart racing? I saw him shirtless millions of time, was it racing?

“Gemma!” Mom shouted, a little bit louder. Snapping me out of my mind.

“Coming!” I replied, and hurriedly went downstairs. I grabbed a box of Pop Tarts and took the Pop Tart out of the aluminum and heated it in the microwave for 8 seconds, and took a chunk. “Mom, I’m going!”

Mom appeared from the laundry room and approached me when I was putting on my watch. She stared at me.

“What?” I asked with a mouthful of Apple Cinnamon Pop Tart.

“I don’t see Chris around anymore. How’s he?”

I shrugged.

“Did anything happen between you two?”

Again, I shrugged. I kissed her cheek and left the kitchen with my tote bag and Pop Tart, and went to school.

- - -

Lunch. I wanted to see Ethan, so I went to his class (English Literature) to wait for him, instead of waiting for him in front of the cafeteria.

So I was walking to English Literature and stopped in my track when I saw something.

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is definitely not a two-shots story XD

Anyone has heard Damned If I Do Ya by All Time Low? It makes me even more stoked for Nothing Personal!