Status: I'll completely redo this story soon. -Noted: August 21, 2009.-

Under the Sea

Under the Sea

I work at Under the Sea. And sometimes, I hate it because of the memories it holds.

I'm a eighteen year old named Adelle Brea and I'm a orca trainer.
I lost my mom to a great white shark..a shark took my own mother's life.

It hit me like a bomb...because I'm my mother's own reflection. Enough about me, lets get back to reality.

Chinmayi breached out of the brackish water, gazing at the bleachers, wondering why theres no audience.

I laughed and gave her a tongue rub then patted her sleek smooth head and headed to the locker room, looking behind me, I locked the door and proceeded to my marine blue locker, changing out of my basic shirt and white Capri, Under the Sea's stupid uniform.

"Ugh. Where is it?" I groaned as I leafed though the clothing for my wet suit and I panicked but relived as I found the dinky black and white wet suit.

I slipped into it and headed to the mirror, practicing my speech before we begin our performance.

"Welcome to Under the sea where we guarantee the experience of the underwater. Please do not tap on the glass and keep a close watch on your children. Have a great time." I muttered, making goofy faces at the mirror till I heard giggles from my best friend, Kyle.

"So, you're sick of this place already?" he asked, raising his eyebrows and his three dimples showed as he grinned, obviously amused by my facial expressions.

"What does it look like?" I challenged, wrapping my wavy blonde hair into a messy updo and grinned.
"Addie, come on. You can change it up." he suggested, running a hand though his muddy brown unruly hair, his sky blue eyes twinkling.

"Hm.." I thought out loud and grabbed a nearby brush.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Under the Sea. I certainly hope you have a blast at this show. Keep your kiddos from the glass and prepare to be splashed!" I boomed, breaking into giggles as Kyle laughed halfheartedly and walked closer to me.

Taking the brush away from my hands, he placed his hands onto my waist and I looked up into his face.

"You know, you're insane, right?" he asked, a playful grin playing with his lips.

"Ahah, I'm the sanest of insane alright." I laughed, backing away, feeling uncomfortable being alone with Kyle.

"Ahem." someone interrupted and I jumped, startled to see my boss, Mr. Okotie.

"Kyle, the vet wants Kiran off the shows for a while. She needs rest for her baby." He informed Kyle and added "I'd like to speak to you for a second. Adelle, may we have a second alone?" I blinked and realized he was talking to me.

"Uh, yeah, sure..." I slurred and walked out of the locker room.

Of course I was going back in as a spy and hide!

I dashed like a swift cat behind the laundry cart and listened into the conversation.

"You know you can't date co workers."

"I'm not dating Addie!"

"Then explain why you put your hands onto her hips."

There was a pause.

"I'd like you to know she is currently dating a guy named Harry. This discussion is over."

Mr. Okotie walked out of the locker room and I could hear some inaudible mutterings from Kyle.

I sighed and silently thanked Mr. Okotie for telling him that. Kyle walked out of the room, sulking and headed to the lounge room since Kiran's off the show today.

I dashed up the dark stairs and over the bridge right over the three connected tanks leading to the big tank, with a depth over 60' and a length over 300 ft.

I wolf-whistled for Chinmayi, signaling her to come up.

Getting the water proof microphone, I quickly pinned it on my body suit, and saw Chinmayi breaching out of the water and spied on me, waiting for me to get on.

"Let's go!" I squealed, adrenaline rushing though me. Today was the biggest crowd we ever had.

Finally, we have over seven hundred.

I dove into the water and mounted my self onto Chinmayi's sleek back and hugged her five feet tall dorsal fin.

Chinmayi swam slowly towards the gate and I hit the gate opener and Chinmayi backed up, to propel her self quickly.

She began to dive into the water, lurking under 50 feet.

Water pounded at my eardrums and I held my breath till she flung her self out of the water, surprising the audience.

The audience oohed and ahed as I flew in the air, doing a double flip.

I got my last breath of oxygen and dove back swiftly into the water, Chinmayi swimming towards me to fling me onto the platform standing.

I placed my feet onto her nose and balanced my self as she propelled her self towards the water.

I tensed up, and pulled my head in.

Finally, I broke surface. I flipped into the air and stuck my feet out to land onto the platform.

I breathed, getting my dose of oxygen as my feet absorbed the shock from landing.

I slid over to the blue plastic bucket and tossed salmon to Chinmayi, praising her.

Alma came over to the wet platform, slipping then tripping into the water.

The audience laughed as Alma got her self back onto the platform.

"Whew, what a fall!" she laughed as I faced the camera and boomed "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Under the Sea. I certainly hope you will have a blast at this show. Keep your kiddos from the glass and prepare to be splashed!"

Dramatic music resumed and Alma cupped her face, staring at the water.

Alma asked the audience "Gee..where is she!?"

Showing faux shock and concern, I answered "I have no clue. Do you kiddos know where she is?"

Chinmayi splashed me and hid just as I spun around.

"What was that?" I gasped, as the little kids pointed crazily at Chinmayi.

"You ol' goof!" Alma chuckled and raced down the platform and gave Chinmayi a knucklehead.

"Shhh." I whispered and quietly got into the water.

Little kids giggled. I sucked in oxygen from a breathing tube hidden from the view and whistled into the little whistle, signaling Sloan, the largest orca kept in captivity.

He's dangerous, but the thought of performing with an orca that's known to drown trainers is just plain thrilling!

And this was the first performance with me riding him.

So wish me good luck.

I practiced with him for weeks, I know not enough but he's not the orca to mess with..

He loomed in the darkness, swimming silently towards me.

He opened his mouth and called back. As he approached me, my chest tightened as I eyed his razor sharp teeth hanging agape.

My heart pounded and I half grinned excitedly.