Status: On haitus, because the stupid writer got stupid writers block.

Year 2085

Chapter Three

The next day, after a grueling all nighter, and a finished English paper, I went to my parents house for lunch. I didn’t have anything better to do as it was Sunday.

“Hey Ma,” I said as she opened the door.

“Oh my Amy!” She said delighted as she ushered me in for a hug.

“How are you?” I asked.

“I’m doing great now that you’re here, Craig, come downstairs!” She screamed up the staircase. Craig was my father.

“I’m coming, hold your horses!” He screamed back.

I took a seat on the floral couch; my mother took my hands and the seat next to me. She was always so happy to see me whenever I came over. I never tell her when I come over though, I love to see her happy and surprised so I never ruin that by calling first. My dad came down the stairs slowly, as age was beginning to catch up with him, but he wasn’t that old so he could still get around, and get around well. He took the seat next to me, and I removed one of my hands from my mom so I could place it with my dad. I always felt so much love coming from both of them; I honestly don’t know where I’d be without any of them.

“So how has college been treating you?” my mom asked casually.

“It’s been cool, I’ve been getting really good grades, when I don’t procrastinate that is,” I said.

“You’ve always been quite the procrastinator, I’m glad you’re trying to get over that,” my mom replied.

“Yeah, I’ve totally been trying,” I returned, “And you’ll never guess what I found going to the music store the other day!”

“Then why don’t you tell us?” My mom said, and my dad nodded, they hated guessing games.

“Well I was going through the rock section of the computers, and I ran across My Chemical Romance’s CD Three Cheers!” I said, “I loved it so much I had to go and get more.”

“Oh, I loved their music,” my mom said, she had a reflective tone to her voice, “My mom used to play it for me, all the time. I never went to a concert, but I wish I could’ve.”

“A couple of my friends are going to use that time travel service thing today to do that,” I said, “I declined them though, as I didn’t know much about the band at that point.”

“Maybe we should do that someday Craig, I mean we never got to see them.” My mom said.

“Elizabeth, let’s be truthful, we’re older now, we wouldn’t fit in at a concert. Plus we haven’t heard their music in years, how do we even know we still like them?” my dad asked.

“Well I don’t know you, but I just know I do. Their kind of music doesn’t depend on your age, it depends on how old you are at heart. I don’t know about you, but at heart I’m still pretty young. And plus we aren’t that old. You act like we’ve never been to a concert at all. We used to take Amy all the time.”

“Fine Fine, you made your point, but I still don’t think I want to go. I hate all this new technology crap.” My dad said, and it’s true, my dad always thought the silent train took all the fun out of riding in a train.

“Craig you always think your right, gah, fine I won’t ever get to see them live then!” My mom sighed, “But if Amy ever goes, I’m definitely going with!”

“Don’t worry Ma, I’ll tell you if I ever go,” I said.

“Thanks sweetie,” she said, “Oh my, look at the time, you probably came over for lunch. Well we should just go out, come on Craig throw on something presentable.”

“What’s not presentable about a robe?” He asked jokingly.

“Everything,” my mother said laughing for a few seconds.

I stood by the door and got ready to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
New update! Yayness!