Status: On haitus, because the stupid writer got stupid writers block.

Year 2085

Chapter Five

I walked up the same familiar path to my parents house as I anticipated what me and my mother were about to do. I rang the doorbell, and my mother appeared, not dressed or ready in any way.

“Mom, what are you doing? We have to be at the time travel place in like twenty minutes for our appointment?” I asked.

“I’m feeling a bit under the weather sweetie, so I think it would be best if I stayed home, but you can go. I have the money for you and everything. You’ll probably have a much better time without me anyway.” She said.

“But I thought we’d go together, MCTT remember?” I asked, sounding rather whiny, but my mom couldn’t go I was sad!

“Don’t worry about me, you just go yourself and love it! Then when you get back you can tell me all about it! Now here, take the cash,” she said handing me the money, “And go time travel, have fun, then you can spill all the details when we get back!”

“If you say so,” I say to her, I was horribly sad that she would miss everything.

We had already decided on a time period we would go visit. We didn’t want the normal time travel adventure; we decided to go see them before they were big. Before the thought of the band crossed their minds, way before 9/11 to when they were teenagers and young adults. I don’t know why, but I was rather interested in their teenage years, 1,000 dollars only covered enough money for one day trip, so I only had about 14 hours to spend with the members of the band. I would try hard to split the time up amongst all the members.

I walked inside the building, there was no time machine, the people who ran the group said they were inadequate in case something horrible was to happen and you couldn’t reach one. The horrible meaning, you did something so horrible that it messed up the fabric of time. So instead of time machines, we used time watches. They were portable pieces of time traveling awesomeness. They can place you from one time scenario to another in less than 12 seconds. They were also a lot less chunky and noticeable than time machines; they were a force to be reckoned with.

“Okay Amy,” said the director of time travel, Steve, “There are some rules to time traveling. One, you can have contact, but don’t have any kind of contact that can influence any kind of decisions a person made. Two, have fun, but don’t have too much fun. You can easily get off task this way, or forget what you came there to do, or how much time you have left on your clock. Three, check your clock a lot, make sure you have enough time to get back home. Four, try not to injure people, you could give them a long lasting injury that’ll change their life path, or worse you could kill them. We don’t want anyone dying, not you, or anyone else remember these rules, and you’ll be grand. But remember, the first go in the time watch warp is always the worst!”

“Okay…” I said.

“I’ll help you set your first destination,” Steve said handing me the watch.

“Thanks,” I told him.

“No problem,” he said.

I told him my destination, and he explained everything as he punched in the numbers. I was on my way to March 23, 1994. No particular time, just a regular date in history, that would be around the time Gerard and Ray were 16, Mikey was 14, Frank was 13, and Bob was 15. This time traveling thing would be pretty darn cool.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! Yayz!
And yes, a very tiny change has happened in the town. I almost wanted her mom to forget about the time travel adventure last chapter, because I thought it would be a bigger hint that something had changed, but I said that change would be to big, so I decided to hint at smaller changes instead, so she wouldn't really have a reason to fear going on her time travel adventure.
Speaking of which, time travel adventure next chapter! Yay! Finally!

You can follow me on twitter by the way Twitter link I don't really talk about my writing on there, but it's cool if you wanna follow, I talk about everything else, including when I'm really bored!