Sequel: Have Faith In Me
Status: Sequel is up.Have Faith In Me

How Quickly I Forget; That This Is Beating Less

Epilogue

I smiled at Max, and he grinned, clearly nervous.

"Because of you, I laugh, I smile, I dare to dream again. I look forward with great joy to spending the rest of my life with you, caring for you, nurturing you, being there for you in all life has for us, and I vow to be true and faithful for as long as we both shall live," the priest said and paused, joining our hands together. "Do you, Maxwell Green, take Julie Weston to be your lawful wedded wife?"

"I do," Max's voice rang out clear, but he was shaking like a leaf. I squeezed his hand lightly and he smiled.

"And do you, Julie Weston, take Maxwell Green to be your lawful wedded husband?"

"I do."

"I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Max pulled me in to him quick and placed his lips gently on mine. I smiled and broke away now that people were wolf-whistling. I looked out into the church and saw my dad and mom, holding hands and staring into each other's eyes lovingly. Max took my hand and we walked down the aisle one more time.

&!

The wedding reception was planned by Erin and Alli, so I had my doubts about what it would look like. We entered the ballroom and I gasped.

"All, Erin." I paused, "It's so beautiful." They laughed and hugged me.

"We knew you would like it," Erin said.

"Thanks."

"Now go dance with your husband!"

&!

We danced the night away. When the last few stragglers finally left it was around 4 AM. Max smiled and pulled me into his warm embrace.

"One more dance Jules. Then we can go." So we danced again. My poor feet were so sore by the end of that last dance and the night that Max had to carry me out to his car.

"Max, I love you."

"I love you too Julie." He kissed my forehead and drove us to his house.

&!

Max stepped out into the blinding sunlight on the beach.

"Swim with me Julie?" He pouted and I rolled my eyes, taking his hand and dragging him down to the water. "So I've been thinking."

"About what Maxy?" I grinned and swam over next to him.

"We should get our own place. Y'know?"

"Oh. Yeah that'd be nice."

"Craig, Bryan, and Robert will miss us, but we can just move down the street. One just went up for sale that I liked. Will you take a look at it with me?"

"Of course Max. No need to even ask." I smiled and placed a kiss on his lips.

&!

My parents were finally back together. My mom recovered from being an alcoholic and druggie, and is now gardening and spending time with her old friends. It's good to see that. Max and I bought our own place, just a few houses down from his old one. It was nice, especially since it had an in-ground pool for late night swims and parties. Craig, Bryan, and Robert stayed in Max's house. Erin later on moved in with them. Things were going good, just like how they were supposed to. Max and I have been married for only a few months but it feels like so much longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Working on the sequel!
Yay! ;D

New house