Status: Complete

Perfect Denial

Not the same

Two Years Later

“Snap” Georg yelled delighted, slapping his hand down on the pile of cards on the table

Tom cursed loudly and threw down his remaining cards, bored with the game already. He didn’t like losing, especially to Hagen.

Bill walked out of the little booth in the left hand corridor where he had been recording the latest song they, as a group, had finally managed to agree on.
“Play that back for me Joseph please…” he muttered to the tech guy in the studio, before slumping onto the seat beside his twin, exhausted. He knew he looked like shit, after being up all night writing yet another new song. And they still had to come up with an appropriate tune for it…he would leave that up to Tom. He could at least, trust him with that.

Bill closed his tired eyes, listening satisfied as the song was played back, added to with the beat of the guitars, bass and drums. Gustav looked up from his book in the quiet corner and nodded along with a small smile on his face. Tom leaned back on the couch as the song finished, raising his arms above my head in a stretch and smiled triumphantly

“I can feel the awards already boys…this one’s a winner”

Bill shrugged, too tired to care “I just hope the fans like it” he murmured, almost to himself. He especially hoped one particular fan would like the new album. That was if she was still a fan…which he highly doubted after what he had done.

Georg sat back, copying Tom and put his feet up on the table, squashing the playing cards
“Alright boys, enough business talk Bill. What I want to know is what happened with that perky red head the other night…” he waggled his eyebrows suggestively and Tom barked a laugh…

Bill faked a smile, not keen on the topic and not sure he should humour Georg…he also wasn’t happy about talking about his sex life in front of his twin. Sure, Tom did it…but that didn’t mean he was going to…

“We had fun…that’s all” he said quietly

Georg laughed “Yeah I know what that means…”
Tom elbowed Georg “Yeah I don’t wanna hear my baby brothers sordid sex tales alright?” but he had smirk on his face as he turned to Bill

Bill kept his head down feeling Gustav’s quiet gaze on him. Sometimes he had the awful feeling Gustav knew exactly what he was thinking or even worse…who he was thinking about.

Gustav opened his mouth to speak but shut it again as David Jost walked into the room clutching a CD Case. He had a big smile on his face and seemed very satisfied with himself.

He smacked his hands together
“Good news boys!” he said “I’ve signed another band; you’ll have a little brother”

Georg sat up “I don’t want a little brother! I wanted a sister!” and pulled a face before cracking into laughing with Tom.

Tom held up his hands “I’m not changing any nappies” before pealing off again in huge guffaws with Georg, wiping tears from his eyes…

Dave sent the two immature boys his sternest look, making them shut up instantly…
“Shut up and listen. This band is good…really good. I’m not kidding around. Their internet followings insane and its gone triple over the last six months. We’re lucky we snapped them up before anyone else.”

Bill was intrigued “Who are they?”

“They’re called The Static Undertones…their working on their album at the moment, its set to be big.”

“Hope it won’t compete with ours” Tom said grumpily, not liking another band stealing Tokio Thunder.

Dave shrugged “Who knows but the reason I came over…the big boys upstairs are interested in the two of you juggling songs. They want you to work on their songs, maybe do some duets…it will be good for both your publicity. You have the same fans so it’s a perfect opportunity”

He handed the album cover to Tom who was nearest to him; Tom looked at it, raised his eyebrows and then handed it to Georg…

Bill jumped at the chance “That would be fantastic. I’ve always wanted to do something like this…we could even tour together!”

Dave nodded, glad the boys were enthused. He had been expecting grumbling and moans.

Bill got distracted as Georg who had been peering intently at the album, gasped and pointed wildly at something on it to Gustav.

Gustav grabbed it off him, and Bill held out his hand, curious to see what was so intresesting. He saw the boys glance at each other and frowned
“What!”

Gustav handed him the CD and he took it, looking strangely at Gustav as he appeared not to want to give it up.

He looked down at the band member, the three males in the back while a spunky dressed girl took up the forefront, snarling at the camera. He gasped…and the CD dropped to the ground with a faint clatter.

Dave frowned, concerned at the odd behaviour of the band
“What is it?”

“It’s Dana” Bill replied faintly

“Who?”

Georg sighed “You know! Dana! From LA…like two summers ago!”

Dave gasped…”I knew I recognised her…”

“Great going Jost” Tom muttered angrily, feeling Bills distress and he was annoyed he could do nothing about it…

Bill stood up suddenly…”She’s here. I didn’t know she was back in Germany”

He suddenly looked at Gustav who was avoiding eye contact and hadn’t shown any surprise at the sudden appearance of his old friend…

“Gustav! You knew…you knew she was here!”

Gustav shuffled awkwardly…”Yeah!”
“How long?”

“She’s been here about eighteen months…”

Bill found his anger growing…”Why didn’t you tell me!”

Gustav stood up to face Bill, his own face growing red from embarrassment and anger “She’s my best friend Bill…she didn’t want to see you. She doesn’t want anything to do with you! Why would I tell you?”

Bill sighed “I have to see her…I have to find her!”
Gustavs gaze softened “Don’t Bill….”

“Why?”

“She’s changed. She’s not the same girl you fell in love with...She’s completely broken”
Bill didn’t know what to say, just looked around the room and suddenly couldn’t stand the claustrophobic feeling that came over him...and stalked out, banging the door behind him, leaving the room in silence.

Georg turned to Gustav, a hurt look upon his face
“I thought I was your best friend!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
What Danas wearing on thealbum cover