Status: Complete

Perfect Denial

Closer

Dana smiled as she walked back into the same room, several days later. The two bands, to the records great delight, had already formed a great bond. Tom seemed to favour Ace, seeming at one with his utter cool. Georg was often competing with Gil on the Xbox at various games that Dana couldn’t even recall the names.

Gustav had already known Cody trough Dana and so…they were already good friends. She looked softly at her best friends, discussing Gustav’s newest tattoo and chuckled. Two kind souls.

She looked over at Tom, who was playing air guitar at the Nirvana music blaring from a pink ipod plugged into the large speakers, Georg had sneaked into the room. She frowned, striding over, hands on her hips and stared at Tom and Ace. Tom tongued at his lip ring as Ace hung his head and scuttled to hide behind the drum kit he and Gustav had set up.

“Who said you could use my Ipod?” Dana demanded.

Ace looked up at her like a guilty puppy “Mine…broke…

“Broke? You only got it three weeks ago Ace!”

Ace shrugged “Gil made me drop into a puddle”

Dana turned to Gil, who was staring daggers at Ace “Did you Gil?”

“I don’t know he had it in his hand…I wouldn’t have pushed him if I knew”

Dana fought a smile “Yes you would”

Gil grinned “Okay…I would but I didn’t mean to break it and besides beauty…you have the best selection of songs”

Dana grinned back at Gil, squashing beside him on the sofa “That beast…I do”

They spent several laughable minutes teasing Tom’s hopeless air guitar and then Cody, Ace and Gil were all called out for recording.

After a few minutes of silence, Tom muttered something about needing a drink and left Dana alone in the room. The crooning voice of Kurt Cobain still blasted through the speakers and Dana lowered it slightly, and then tilting her head back to rest on the couch head, yawned and closed her eyes.

She was drifting in and out of sleep when a large hand, nails painted black and tipped in white, shook her softly out of dreams.

“Hey Dana…” Bill whispered. Dana blinked, realising she had slumped across the seat and rubbed her bare eyes, smiling.
“I fell asleep” she explained.

Bill grinned “Yeah… I guessed…are you tired still?”

Dana shrugged, her mouth twisting for a moment “It’s hard to sleep…sometimes” she muttered, closing her still shaking hands into fists subconsciously.

Bill looked at her for a moment and once again, closed his hands over hers “Just remember Dana…you’re not going through this alone. You have me, you have Gustav and you have the rest of the boys”

Dana smiled “I know Bill, I know”

They were silent for a moment, music still filtering out from the speakers and Dana stood up and stretched “I love this song” she murmured, her mood changing as the sparkle came back.

Bill grinned and grabbed her, spinning her around as they laughed and held her close, theatrically dancing for a moment. The song changed into a slow, melodic tune and they both stopped, looking at each other almost fearfully.

“So we’re alone again
I wish it were over
We seem to never end
Only get closer
To the point where I can take no more”


Dana blushed “I’ll…I’ll change it…”

She turned to get her Ipod but Bill grabbed her hand, pulling her back, wrapping his arm around her waist, drawing her body close to hers.

“No…don’t…” he whispered as the song continued and he started to move with her lightly, holding her gently as if she were porcelain.

“Hush my baby now
Your talking is just noise and won’t lay me down
Amongst your toys in a room where I can take no more”


Without meaning to, Dana found herself clutching Bills narrow shoulders, wanting him even closer, she lay her head on his shoulder, breathing in the familiar smell she loved. Her heart gave a painful tug at her yearning and she gasped a little, resisting the urge to grab her chest where the hole lay. Tears blurred her eyesight and she pressed harder into Bill, wanting to let go but not finding the strength to allow herself to walk away again.

Bill felt her as she moved her body closer. He grabbed her waist, and squeezed it, letting her know that he was here for her. She looked up at him, questions in her eyes again and Bill stared at her, becoming lost in her eyes as had happened him so many times before. He felt himself lean closer, her mouth was opening anticipating the feel oh his lips on hers.

She wouldn’t pull away. Not this time…she still loved him…she had to love him. Bill could feel it.

They were closer, closer…closer.

“Hey guys! Did you see my phone?” Tom’s voice boomed into the room, severing the connection in a moment. Bill jumped, frightened and looked at Tom who was staring at them, oblivious to the special moment he had just ruined.

“No…” Dana murmured. She looked at Bill again and turned, leaving the room, giving his hand a very small, tender squeeze.

Bill sighed, wishing his twin could have waited just one minute.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

that song was quite fitting I think
Joshua Radin-Closer