Status: Complete

Perfect Denial

Another Heart Calls

“Dana!” Cody lay on Dana’s bed, his straightened black hair silky soft on his neck. He looked up at the white ceiling and shouted again “Hurry up D!”

Dana grumbled from the lavish hotel bathroom as she applied another layer of black mascara, her long lashes curling delightfully after the brush stoked through them. She smiled, fluffing her hair once more and then walked out of the bathroom into the rest of her hotel room. She held her arms out and span around slowly;

“How do I look?”

Cody’s mouth dropped and he blinked once before grinning, his snakebites glinting in the light of the bedside lamp “Absolutely ravishing!”

Dana smiled “Thanks babe, you’re looking good too”

Cody hopped from the bed, handing Dana her purse and led her to the door, locking it behind them. He wrapped his arm around her, pressing her close to his side “Now, let’s get drunk!”

~PxD~

Walking into the club, Dana sighed happily, allowing the music to instantly pump through her body. She felt her senses heighten, her limbs relax and her heart race to the tunes of the song rushing through her.

Gustav was sitting on low couches by the wall flanked by Gil and Ace and they hollered loudly, waving like lunatics to Dana and Cody. Cody chuckled, shaking his head and took Dana’s hand as they crossed the room. By the looks of the giddy faces on both Gil and Ace, they were already rounding the verve of unstable drunkenness, the best kind.

“Dana baby!”Ace called loudly, the sunglasses resting on the top of his head slipping down around his mouth as he wrapped his arms around his friend in a bear hug. He kissed her cheek and then toppled backwards onto Gil, bringing Dana with him.

After several minutes of unwrapping limbs, Dana managed to make it to the bar, Gustav following. She rested her arms on the counter top, waiting to be served; Gustav smiled at her

“You look good tonight Dana” Dana smiled, blushing slightly;

“Thanks Gustav, It’s been a while since I felt this good, I think I’m finally getting back on track”

Gustav rubbed her back soothingly, agreeing with her. He was happy she was finally back with him, and she was enjoying her life again. Dana clutched her glass, and surveyed the club “Where’s the twins?”

Gustav hid a soft smile, knowing what she really wanted to ask was “Where’s Bill?”

“They should be here somewhere; Tom invited a few of the roadies from the concert, so Bill’s trying to make sure he doesn’t over exert himself”

Dana threw her head back in a loud laugh “Somehow, I don’t think Tom will ever over exert himself. He loves the ladies too much”

Gustav snorted “You could say that again”

Dana sighed, the club lights flickering strangely in her eyes as she scanned the large room for the man she wanted most on the world. She went from corner to corner, and finally her eyes landed on a spiky black Mohican surfacing the seas of the crowd. Her heart lifted and then he appeared in front of her like magic, a large smile plastered on his face.

Dana answered her smile, shushing her heart and Bill came closer to her, followed closely by Tom who had his arms wrapped around a girl on either side of him.

“Hey Dana,” Bills voice was soft and it tickled the skin of her neck and she felt a shiver run down her body.

“Hello Bill” she answered, her mouth inches from his.

They shivered with desire from each other for a moment, and finally broke out of their spell as Gustav cleared his throat loudly, and directed them all over to the booth currently being owned by Gil, Ace and Cody. Ace was looking for his glasses, unaware that they were in his hand...

The night continued, and Dana found herself enjoying the company of her closest friends. She laughed more than she had in weeks and the alcohol rushing through her body loosened her, bringing her to greater heights of joy.

Leaving Bill by the booth, she made her way to the packed bar. It didn’t take long for the attractive barman to notice at her, and filled her order of various drinks quickly, leaving her with a cheeky wink. She giggled and turned around, stopping with a gasp as what she saw.

One of Tom’s roadies was draped around his thin body, whispering seductively in his ear. She couldn’t take her eyes away from the small smile on his face as her lips brushed his neck, as his had brushed hers days before. She thought things had changed, but obviously they hadn’t. She had been as gullible as ever, falling for him all over again...

She stumbled slightly, the alcohol she had been consuming all night finally catching up on her. A strong comforting hand caught onto her arm, and Georg pressed Dana into his chest to stop her falling. He heard her whimper slightly and he looked down at her, noticing the agonised look on her pretty face;

“Dana, what’s wrong? What happened?” he asked anxiously

Dana shook her head, looking away. Georg grasped her face, causing her to look him in the eye “Dana, tell me”

She ripped her face away and he followed her gaze to their booth. His eyes widened at Bill and he looked back at Dana “He’s drunk Dana, he doesn’t know what he’s doing...he loves you Dana, you have no idea what he was like without you...”

Dana shook her head, blinking away the tears “I was so stupid...I really believed this time would work...and it’s over before it even begun...” she walked quickly away from Georg, ignoring his shouts to come back. She sat at the bar, allowing drink after drink to hit the back of her throat, soothing her aching heart for the briefest of moments...

“Dana?”

A cold shock ran through Dana at the sound of the familiar voice, though it was not a bad shock. For a moment she felt like she must be hallucinating, because surely he couldn’t be here...

She set down her glass, and turned around slowly to face the hesitant, smiling face of a boy she had loved for many years. They had laughed together, cried together, loved together...and he was here, now, with her again.

She raised a shaking hand to her face as she walked towards him, falling back into his warm arms “Aaron...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
I got no comments from the last update
I hope I get some from this one
x