Status: Complete

Perfect Denial

Brusing by the beach

In every girl’s life there’s a boy she’ll never forget…and a summer when it all began.

Dana jumped up at the sound of her alarm at 9:00 am. She hurried to her wardrobe to decide what to wear. Her hands were shaking slightly. She was so nervous. She’d be hanging out with Bill…Bill Kaulitz! Never had she thought this would happen to her. She sighed quietly and lay back on the bed to think. Was this really a good idea? Aaron had been fine by their new friendship...but Dana hadn’t told him about the severe case of stomach butterflies she had whenever she was around Bill. After a moment of silent thought, Dana came to the conclusion it was that she was still nervous about being around a famous person. Yes...that was it. She was just nervous about Bill being a celebrity. She had Aaron. She had no reason to fall for Bill…none at all.

~PxD~

Bill groaned loudly as he jolted awake by a loud knocking on his bedroom door. He lay still for a second then jumped up, grabbing his jeans and pulling them on as he reached the door. He opened it a crack and a big blue eye peered back at him. He smiled and opened the door wider to let Dana in. He’d almost forgotten about there plans…almost.

“Rise and shine” Dana sing songed as she made her way over to the curtains and pulled them open, letting the sun rays dazzle Bill’s barely awake eyes. He shielded his face with his arm and studied Dana...at first he was too occupied by her outfit to notice what she had slung around her shoulders. He backed away raising his hands and tried not to laugh.

“No…no way! I’m not going roller blading! No No No!”

Danas face fell slightly and her eyes went round “Why not? It’s a lovely day and the sun is shining. Bill!!Please…it’ll be fun!”

Bill looked at Dana…the butterflies intensified in his stomach as they always did when he looked at her. He would be spending the day with her...and he wanted that. It didn’t matter what they’d be doing.

He sighed dramatically “Okay okay…I’ll just get changed..”

Dana smiled and clapped her hands “Yay! No black..and keep your hair down and under a cap…and sunglasses! So you’re not bombarded with fans!”

Bill smiled…”Okay Boss”

He walked into his bedroom and picked out some blue floral shorts he’d wore while on holidays in the Maldives with Tom. And a blue tight t-shirt…he had it halfway over his head when he heard Dana scream his name “Bill…Bill!!! Come here!Quickly!”

Bill jumped alarmed and ran into the next room where Dana was watching television. She was bouncing up and down on the couch like an excited five year old and her eyes gleamed excitedly. She pointed at the television “You’re on TV!” Bill looked at her…and laughed..”Come on lets go rollerblading.”

~PxD~

After Bill left a note for Tom to tell him to meet him at the beach later, they walked down to the beach. Dana skipped along lightly beside Bill. She still couldn’t believe she was hanging out with Bill. And even more how well they got on. They were very similar. Spontaneous, lively, hyper, easily excited. She felt completely at ease with him. Except for those dratted butterflies. Bill was happy to study Dana quietly. She was wearing short denim shorts and a bikini top. Her tattoo was on display and Bill made a mental note to ask her about it later.

They reached the boardwalk of the beach where some people where already blading up and down. Dana tied her skates on quickly and helped Bill put on his. Soon Dana was skating circles around Bill as he wobbled up and down.

“It’s not fair!You’ve had practice” Bill whined.Dana had informed him of her job as a waitress when she was sixteen and she had to wear retro roller skates. Bill gradually got better in his skates as the morning wore on and soon was almost keeping up with Dana. He was surprised to find himself enjoying the skating but maybe that was because of Dana’s enjoyable company. She made a man at a booth taking pictures of tourists to take one of them and Bill couldn’t keep the delighted smile of his face as she threw her arms around his neck and pressed in close to him for the camera. They could collect the photo later when it was printed out.

It happened in a split second. Dana was zooming along, laughing when a small boy ran out in front of her. She swerved to avoid him and her skate hit a bump in the path. She went flying in the air and blackness closed upon her.

Bill shouted alarmed and ran to Dana, who was laying motionless on the ground. He turned her over gently, cupping her head in his hands. She came around after a minute and groaned softly…

“Stupid kids” she muttered and smiled. Relief flooded through Bills body. He helped her up gently but she didn’t look very good. She had a shiny bump on her forehead, her nose was bleeding slightly and her bare stomach had achieved a gash down the side from a sharp stone.

“Its okay”Dana reassured Bill as he rolled her along, one hand encircled her waist.”My house isn’t far.We can go there and fix me up”

Bill got Dana safely home and they wandered into her beach house. Dana led the way to the kitchen past the sitting room where a large piano was situated.

“You play?” Bill asked, running his hand across the shiny,smooth surface.

“Yup” Dana answered “I completed all the grades by the time I was ten. My mother was a piano player and started to teach me when I was four.” She rooted through some cupboards until she finally found a first aid kit.Bill took it from her,deciding to play doctor. He rooted through it and found some plasters and a bandage. Taking her hands softly, he placed a plaster over each palm which was scratched slightly. He looked up to find Dana looking at him silently. He didn’t say anything but looked back, gently stroking her injured hand with his thumb.

The front door opening gave Bill the chance to jump apart. A man appeared at the kitchen door, he had light brown hair and his lip pierced. Bill presumed it was Aaron. He didn’t like him. Aaron didn’t even notice Bill as he caught the sight of his bruised girlfriend and he rushed over to her, eyes wide and cupped her face in his hands..

“Beautiful…what happened to you?”

Dana laughed “I had a run in with some roller skates but don’t worry Bills taking care of me”

Aaron turned to greet Bill, shaking his hand and turning quickly back to Dana, wanting to look after her. Bill knew he better go and said his goodbyes; Tom was on the beach anyway. He’d better spend some time with him.

~PxD~

Aaron and Dana wandered down to the twins shortly after. Tom was sunbathing happily but Bill was curled under an umbrella. He spotted Aaron and Dana and turned to watch them coming over. He couldn’t help the overwhelming feeling of jealousy as he witnessed there connected hands and Aaron kissing Dana affectionately. She had a big bandage on her stomach but her nosebleed had stopped. Tom noticed Bill staring..

“Hey there’s that one Dana…and the boyfriend?” Tom turned to his brother.Bill nodded stiffly.

“Bill, you shouldn’t have started this. You knew she was unavailable.Now you’ve opened yourself up to heartbreak”

“Your one to talk…forever chasing what you can’t have “Bill snapped.

Tom shrugged…”Well then show her why she should be with a Kaulitz. If you don’t…I will…” That set Bills mind.

Shortly, Tom and Aaron were having a good, slightly stilted conversation (due to the language barrier) about guitars, music and all sorts of boy things. Dana wasn’t that surprised to find her boyfriend get on well with Tom. They were quite alike in ways. She’d always thought that. Dana and Bill were happily making sandcastles and chatting away once again in German. Bill blushed every time his hands touched her under the sculpting castles and because he didn’t look at her, did not notice the faint flush that crept into her own cheeks. She told him everything about her life, her mother’s death to cancer when she was seven, to her father who was American and a History and English literature professor in Boston. He discovered she had majored in History and English literature also and she was only nineteen. She was also thinking about moving to Hamburg, to try and make her way into the unseen world of music production.That’s what she wanted to do. Bill couldn’t help feeling very excited by this but also a niggling feeling that the thing holding her back was Aaron.

By the time the day was over and Bill and Tom made their way back to their hotel, Bill was pretty sure he was in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image