Status: Complete

Perfect Denial

Raindrops

Several weeks later, Dana’s cast was off, and her smile was almost back to perfection. Late in the night, Bill would sometimes wake to hear the tears rolling down her pale cheeks but now he could wrap her in his arms, and she would turn to him to lay her ear against his chest, listening to his heart beat. Sometimes they would cry together, each picturing the face of the child they’d never see, wondering what it would have been like.

Often Bill would dream of walking, looking down at his son who would have had his eyes, but Dana’s hair. At only five years old, he would have been beautiful and cheeky, his hand tiny in Bill’s but perfect. Bill’s heart would grow as he would pick William up and feel his little arms wrap around his neck, his little mouth kiss the top of his daddy’s nose..

And then Bill would wake, to a house that was silent from the cry of a baby, a sleeping Dana beside him. The days she wouldn’t be awake already, he’d stare at her. He push the hair back from her sleeping face, and look at the tear stains upon her cheek. He’d kiss them away, bringing his hands to wrap around her thin body, her flat stomach, and he’d lie beside her, thinking of the future, of their future together.

The cracks were still there, but they were mending.

Dana woke up late, to the sound of Bill in the kitchen, talking to Tom in hushed whispers. She frowned, gathering her bathrobe around herself and padding downstairs to see what her boys were up to.

Opening the door, they stopped talking as she walked in, and she glared suspiciously at them both. Tom just chuckled, and walked out of the room, squeezing Dana’s arm on the way out. Bill shook his head after him, and then pecked Dana on the lips as way of morning greeting.

Dana sat down at the counter as Bill passed her over a cup of steaming coffee, “What’s going on?”

Bill just smiled, “Nothing, Tom’s just getting over-excited about something.”

Dana frowned but said no more, knowing when it came to the twins, sometimes not knowing was better. She glanced up at Bill, who was packing several things into a wicker hamper.

“What are you doing?”

Bill smiled, and his new septum piercing glinted in the morning light, “we are going on a picnic.”

Dana snorted, “a picnic?”

Bill frowned, a hurt expression falling over his face, “hey, don’t make fun. I thought we could use a day out together. Just you and me.”

Dana smiled then, getting up and walking towards her boyfriend. Bill sighed happily as she wrapped her arms around him and smiled into his chest against the soft fabric of his white t-shirt.

She looked up at him, and Bill kissed her tenderly on the lips. She kissed him back, and licked his lips with her tongue, asking entry. He granted it, and moaned as her tongue met his, bringing his hands up to her bare thighs and rubbing them softly. He pushed her back so she was leaning against the counter, finally pushing her onto it completely and kissing down her neck.

Dana giggled and groaned softly. They hadn’t been together intimately since the miscarriage, she had been sore and still mourning her child. But now, it looked like things were looking up…and she was ready to be with Bill like that again. She hadn’t realised how much she had missed having him like that, and allowing him to have her.

Bill’s hands crept up her nightgown, stopping on her breasts and he squeezed them gently. Dana sighed, content and brought Bill’s lips to hers again.
“No! What are you doing, separate. Not in the kitchen!”

Bill yelped as a plastic fly swatter came down upon his head, and he whirled around on his twin brother, “Fuck off Tom.”

Dana smiled, hopping off the counter and straightening her nightgown and bathrobe, “Sorry Tom.” She stuck her tongue out at him and shrieked as Tom ran after her with the fly swatter, dashing up the stairs and locking the bedroom door on the older Kaulitz brother. Tom yelled at her, and Bill shook his head, laughing as he continued to plan the day ahead.

~

“Here we are!” Bill sang as he pulled up into an empty parking lot on the outskirts of Hamburg. Dana jumped out, looking around at the small park. She smiled, and Bill grabbed her hand.

They tended to stay away from the largely populated parks in the city, and the paparazzi had been hounding them more than usual. They had, of course, known of Dana’s recent hospital visit and Bill’s dash home from LA. Dave Jost had only given the account of the tragic loss of the baby, with Dana’s permission, to the press the week before, asking for peace on behalf of Dana and Bill to come to terms with the tragedy.

As a whole, the paparazzi had backed away, giving the couple space. But it was still better for them, to be somewhere they knew they were completely free. Like here.

The park was small and empty, abandoned for the larger ones deeper into Hamburg. But Bill and Dana loved it here, often coming for a walk and today a picnic.

Bill swung the basket of food in his free hand as he strolled with Dana to a spot with a view of Hamburg. He lay down the blanket for them, and Dana lay her head on his shoulder as they lay. He turned his head, catching her lips in a kiss. Dana smiled into it, rolling so she lay on top of Bill and kissed his jaw line.

“I’ve missed you,” she whispered.

Bill moaned in reply as her tongue snaked out at his ear, “I’ve missed you too baby.”

There was a moaning through the air, as the dull clouds in the sky suddenly came together to baptise the couple below them. Dana shrieked as the rain pounded down, and laughed, grabbing the picnic basket, and running towards a nearby tree. Bill yelled after her, his hair flopping over his eyes as he grabbed the blanket and joined her.

Bill groaned and cursed, “today was suppose to be perfect.”

Dana frowned at him, surprised at his outburst. “Bill, hey, it’s only rain. Come on…we can still have fun.”

Without warning, Dana jumped out from the shelter of the tree, laughing and spinning in the middle of the rain storm. Bill shook his head at her, as she ran along the grass, throwing her head back and catching the rain on her tongue. And then he ran after her, catching her from behind and spinning with her in his arms.

She laughed, and he turned her, allowing her to lead him in a strange dance in the rain for a moment. He stopped her with a kiss, the rain still pouring down, leaking into their mouths as they met.

Bill pulled away, and lay his forehead on hers, gazing Dana in the eyes, “There was a reason I came here today.”

Dana smiled, “why? She whispered.

Bill looked around and without warning, dropped to one knee, revealing the box with the ring he had been keeping in his pocket. The diamond sparkled as raindrops fell upon it.

“Dana…I’ve made some mistakes when it’s come to us in the past. And I’ve almost lost you one time too many and I’m never going to do it again. Marry me Dana? Let me call you mine. Give me a daughter…that looks just like you and I’ll be the happiest man in the world.”

A sob broke from Dana’s throat and she covered her mouth with her hands, nodding, her eyes shining with tears.

“Is that a yes?” Bill asked and Dana jumped upon him, causing them both to fall backwards onto the grass.

“Yes it’s yes…you don’t know how long I’ve wanted to be your wife Bill Kaulitz.”

Bill laughed, kissing her and as he pushed the ring onto her finger, the rain stopped, the sun broke through the clouds, causing it to send a cascade of prisms around them, announcing to the world the happiness of the young couple.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah,I loved creating that chapter :)

Song-Raindrops

And! New Tom Story!!!